Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does the overall ineptitude and fail of this franchise make you enjoy professional football less?

Boss_Hogg

127 members have voted

1. 1. Does the overall ineptitude and fail of this franchise make you enjoy professional football less?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Luckily, I've been a college football fan more than NFL. They play with heart and still have some class when they score a touchdown.

The NFL is (IMO) becoming more thuggish and that's really sad. So I'm finding I'm watching less and less and less. I've had the NFL sunday ticket since it was first launched. This will be my last year. Sadly NFL is following the NBA.

NBA? NBA is sport with fewest off court incidents and probably the classiest and least problematic players. The league has almost no issue in that regard. Why do you say that?

I have a collection of 100s of old NFL games mostly from the 70's-80's that I used to cast on a site so other people could watch and whenever a team like the 80's Cardinals, Colts, or Bucs are playing I always realize, that's us NOW. Early in the season they look like they are trying so hard to do anything to win but inevitably fail 90% of the time and by the end of the year it just gets pathetic with 31-0 or 28-7 blowouts. That's 11 of the past 14 seasons with only 3 streaky lucky teams being different.

I wonder how Grudens team is going to look in those last 5-6 games this year. Will it be like Spurrier/Zorn/Shanny13 or will they "fight their guts out" like Gibbs teams did and win some of them despite the high level of sucktitude?

This is what us Redskins fans have to look forward to.

When the Skins lose a game I turn to the Red Zone channel and watch the non-Redskins games. 

I like it when Dallas or the 49ers lose especially.  I was fortunate to watch the Skins when they won

their Super Bowls and back then every season was exciting.  I could not wait until Sunday to see

how they would do.  Now Gruden has to build a new team culture and he needs more than one

season to do it.  He knew that when he signed his five year deal and Allen knew it too.

That brawl was a random and isolated event a decade ago. And college football and the NHL have also had incidents of player/fan violence. NBA has lower arrest rates than other major or sports and the league is in great shape right now. NBA in 80's was rampant with cocaine use, etc

Real gentleman.  When Majic and Larry retired so did I.   (from BBALL)

First of all, that incident one of a kind and only happened once. Secondly, the incident blew up the way it did because of what the fans did, not the players. Regardless, that one incident doesn't change the statistics that show NBA players get into far less trouble off the court than players from other leagues. 

EDIT: Also, multiple fans in the crowd were arrested and charged for their role in that brawl. Yet all anyone ever talks about is Ron Artest going into the stands. 

Man, what is WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????  Get excited for heaven's sake!  Cant you feel it in the air?  Its that time of year again, The annual False Hope Festival begins tomorrow afternoon, yipppeee!  AFter last year's festival was cancelled due to unusually ****ty circumstances, crowds are expected to be light this year, but determined festival organizers have vowed to put in the effort necessary to return the Festival to its traditional prominence in the D.C. entertainment world.

As for predictions, I predict that Redskins pull out a victory, because they are from Lucifer.   It takes a special brand of cruel to perfect being juuuuuust good enough to continue disappointing people forever.

Seriously, I have advice for those getting depressed watching the skins:  Just treat it like watching a really bad horror movie.  You can get mad and walk out of the theater, or you could just start to marvel and be amused at how bad it is.  heres nothing better than unintended comedy.  If you understand that, then you understand why I hold a soft spot for people like Madieu Williams and Baccari Rambo -- I mean how can I possibly hate anyone that has caused me to laugh so hard?

I was reveling in the misery of the Skins until that Roberts 'fumble.'  I pretty much got up and off the couch and walked out of the room and haven't gone back since.  Watching the Skins suck is one thing, but continually getting jobbed like that is getting old.  I'm not saying we're singled out, because the refs are just bad.  But again, that's what's harder for me to watch than anything.

Archived