Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Coverage & Game Day Thread - Redskins at Texans: Houston, We've Got Problems - UPDATED - Pics

TK

Can't disagree that after one game RGIII has not lived up to the amount of draft picks we gave up for him.

Always have to dismiss the first game of the season.  That said, the next two will tell the tale of the rest of the season.

I agree. There was a lot of things I was disapointed about today but I am going to try not to overreact right now. I'm going to chalk up this loss as JJ Watt being one of the few players that can control a game on defense to help myself get over this loss, now if things don't improve next week I will start changing my mind. 

Anyone looking forward to the MNF against Seattle?

Smh. Not even going to watch I am going camping for that one. It's fall break

Honestly. Im 30 and thats how im feeling about the rest of th year. I was hopping the people calling me a hater were right. Every year I get pulled in. And why, this year was desean, but we still don't have a qb. So whats up? Wilson was everything we thought robert would be.

Criticism does not equate to blaming him.

I said this in another thread and I'll repeat it here. Criticism does not equal blaming him, but SOME PEOPLE ARE BLAMING HIM. That's where I'm criticizing them, and I think that's where a large portion of this board is being seen as RG3 haters.

People are saying he had a bad game. I don't see how you call this a bad game. Its not a great game, but its a game where he put the ball where it needed to be, and in the hands of the playmakers, where they could try to make plays with their legs. Many of those short passes to jackson and Garcon could be seen as runs just like Walsh talked about the short passes being runs in the WCO. The whole thing is that the team (including RG3) made mistakes. But I think if anybody is replaced it should be Chester or Polumbus first. Then maybe take Helu off punt blocking, there are a number of moves I'd do before replacing Robert.

I have not missed staying up for a MNF game the Skins are in ever. Bear in mind they start at 1am UK time and I work the next day.

That game might be a first.

I hate to say it but I don't blame you. You will regret it the next day if you do.

I never said it was.. I said 75%. His playing style is stopping this offense from taking off. People can blame others on the team but lets get real.. 6 points. We should be a threat practically every drive with our weapons and running game. We won’t be with RG3.

His playing style has nothing to do with it. He's doing what he's being coached to do, which is get the ball out quick to try and negate the pass rush.

If he tried to hold onto the ball to go down field more, he wouldn't have finished the game.

Rodgers is a hell of a QB, and the Seattle's pass rush made him look really average.

Robert just needs to keep progressing. I still think he'll be fine.

Oh, you got a problem?!

Seriously though... Where the **** have you been?

Well, gameday I was here with you :)  Been in a complicated (and yet still temporary--argh) move...and then a major regional blues festival and an international loggers competition was held in this new area and I don't know the local bail bondsman...so I've been short on availability...

Look at the right tackle and you will find your answer. He is the worst in the league by far

This is the most frustrating personnel issue with the team over the last 5 years.  They have continually ignored the OL, ESPECIALLY the RT position.  I want them to win, but it serves them right to have their RT look like a fool.  Not to mention the fact that the team knows that Polumbus is terrible and not sending anyone to help him.

I think the major issue with RG3 with this fan base is that because of what we traded for him we are expecting greatness!!!!  He is better than Tannehill, Wilson, and some of the other young qb's not Luck though!!!  You don't give up those picks for a better than avg qb, you give those picks up for Manning, Brees types....  RG3 is a good qb but not great and with our team we need greatness to win!!!!  I don't think we should trade or do anything now, but in retrospect I don't think RG3 was worth what we gave up.

Basically it means this fanbase is never satisfied. He completed 75% of his passes, running the game plan that was called, for over 250 yards with the best defensive player in the league in his face all day. If Niles Paul doesn't fumble and we can manage to execute basics special teams plays than we win the game. Simple as that.

Thank you! Obviously he was playing special teams, OL and TE as well. This game gave me a little hope. We may not have scored much, but we did rack up a lot of yards in a little over 2 quarters.

http://www.hogshaven.com/2014/9/7/6118555/redskins-fall-to-texans-in-season-opener-17-6

RG III played a solid game, he can't do everything, and he can't help it if his receivers put the ball on the ground. He was tripped up on the fumble, but that was more from Lichtensteiger being driven backwards into the third year signal caller. Robert protected himself and worked from primarily the pocket today, and was effective doing so.

Im officiall taking a break from these forums for a couple of days. The Redskins have to have the worst fan base.

Rg3 didn't win the game, but he didn't lose it either. He got stepped on, on his bad handoff to Morris.

Paul fumbled the ball and he wasn't even touched. Yeah that's Griffins fault. Stupid!!!!

A punt block for a TD. I mean yeah that's Griffins fault. Stupid!!!

A blocked extra point. Yeah that's Griffins fault.

Stupid!!!

Redskins fan base. Stupid!!!

I agree 100%  

Well, gameday I was here with you :)  Been in a complicated (and yet still temporary--argh) move...and then a major regional blues festival and an international loggers competition was held in this new area and I don't know the local bail bondsman...so I've been short on availability...

Well... good to see you're still alive bud.

I never said it was.. I said 75%.  His playing style is stopping this offense from taking off.  People can blame others on the team but lets get real.. 6 points.  We should be a threat practically every drive with our weapons and running game.  We won’t be with RG3.

RG3 does not call his own plays.  He is playing the way he is being told to play

His playing style has nothing to do with it. He's doing what he's being coached to do, which is get the ball out quick to try and negate the pass rush.

If he tried to hold onto the ball to go down field more, he wouldn't have finished the game.

Rodgers is a hell of a QB, and the Seattle's pass rush made him look really average.

Robert just needs to keep progressing. I still think he'll be fine.

Honestly, thank you for being a reason that I continue to come to this site. Exactly this. They were trying to get Griffin into a rhythm, and guess what they did? they got him into a rhythm. Look at how his passing opened up in the 2nd half. He started to look as comfortably as you could with Polumbus blocking. That throw to Paul was perfect. Perfect touch, perfect accuracy.

I think the major issue with RG3 with this fan base is that because of what we traded for him we are expecting greatness!!!!  He is better than Tannehill, Wilson, and some of the other young qb's not Luck though!!!  You don't give up those picks for a better than avg qb, you give those picks up for Manning, Brees types....  RG3 is a good qb but not great and with our team we need greatness to win!!!!  I don't think we should trade or do anything now, but in retrospect I don't think RG3 was worth what we gave up.

It's debatable that he is better than Wilson - it's really not fair to compare him to a player with the best defense, a good Oline, and players that don't self destruct....

Before the game a lot of us thought we need quick passes to negate Watt and the pass rush. Get the ball into our playmakers hands and let them make plays. That was exactly what we tried. We took what the defense gave us. Any pass play that required protection was a complete jail break. Could Griffin play better, yeah probably but i cannot believe people placing all the blame on Griffin. When the coverage is soft, you throw it quick, how can he be faulted for that?

Archived