Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Coverage & Game Day Thread - Redskins at Texans: Houston, We've Got Problems - UPDATED - Pics

TK

While I respect everyone's opinion, I'll say this: There a lot of strong opinions in this thread coming from people who don't know much about football.

If there were more football people here, the discussion would be about turnovers, the offensive line, and special teams. I also know that there are many football people here who recognize these things.

Regarding QB play, Griffin played a good game. He took what the defense gave him. He got the ball out of his hands fast and into our play makers' hands. He went through progressions. He hit his receivers in the hands on nearly every throw. He threw the ball away instead of taking sacks. He gave his players opportunities to win one on one match ups. He threw for a high completion percentage. He didn't turn the ball over. Good game for a QB if you're talking football.

Exactly, but you can't expect that from just random fans. Everyone is seeing different things, some less knowledgeable than others.

That's why I think it's hard for some fans to just let the few that want to place all the blame on griffin. No one by any means said he played a perfect game, but to ignore the ST, Oline, and fumbles and blame only griffin is purely ignorant.

Their D was in the backfield all day while their DBs sat off our WRs 5-10 yards. Where and what exactly was Griffin supposed to do? He took what was there with the protection he had. Funny that most the people on 980 that bash Griffin are saying he looked good from the pocket and for the most part made the right throws. He got the ball to those tons of weapons and they got tackled on contact.

Completely agree and I think he made a point to stay in the pocket. During the postgame interview Gruden said Houston was playing soft coverage which is why a majority of the passes were short. If you want to change this then the play caller needs to incorporate pump action fakes into the offense which is something i've barely seen the skins do with RG3.

To have a handful of mistakes cost us the the game is frustrating, but Gruden and Griffen had us moving up and down the field most of the game which was encouraging. Considering how much preasure Houston was getting is even more remarkable.

IF we are talking football.. I saw an average quarterback who was unsteady on his feet, held on to the ball for too long. Who made some good throws, but took too many sacks and hits.

IF we are talking football, a debate on whether Griffin has progressed as he needs to do in his third season as a quarterback who was supposed to be one of the elite up and comers.

But that is only IF we are talking about football.. and IF you think I'm blaming RGIII for this loss, I'm not.. This was almost a total team defeat in all aspects..

You don't know what you're talking about.

How come everybody on these forum's know that Polumbus and

Chester are very poor but the coaches persist in starting them,

like I said a few days ago there is no point having a top 5 WR

corps if RG3is always on his behind. We have got to start Compton

at RT and Leribus at RG otherwise the Jags will send us to 0-2.

Exactly, but you can't expect that from just random fans. Everyone is seeing different things, some less knowledgeable than others.

That's why I think it's hard for some fans to just let the few that want to place all the blame on griffin. No one by any means said he played a perfect game, but to ignore the ST, Oline, and fumbles and blame only griffin is purely ignorant.

When you don't understand something, you'll come up with all kinds of opinions that don't make sense. That's all it is and why I don't spend as much energy debating with people anymore.

So you bring out your stats as a fan (40 years!), but i cannot bring out actual stats of the qb you are criticizing? Talk about a troll. He had 2 throws that showed off his talent. The one to Roberts rolling out while pressured even though he stepped out of bounds by an inch, and the one to Paul which was then instantly fumbled. thats almost 100 yards of wiped out plays there. So shut up and come up with an actual argument or don't post. Ive been a fan for 25 years myself. 

He is in his 3rd season. THIRD SEASON! Rodgers still wasn't even starting in his third season for comparison. 

I don’t care about the 40 years, you called me a troll so as usual you don’t like my response.  Kinda sucks for you.  

You bring up Rogers…  First, RG is not in Rogers league.  Second, like Rogers, RG should be sitting and learning.  Its obvious the skins wanna play him because of what they gave away to get him and probably a few sponsors that sell his shoes and jerseys etc… want that too and even though redskins can sport a losing record, danny still makes a profit..  

The facts are.. 6 points.  No spark.  5 yard or less throws.  No ability to get away from the rush anymore, doesn’t know when to throw the ball away, can’t slide even though a 5 year old little league kid can, says he’s gonna prove all the doubters wrong and on opening day a subpar performance.  Do you get it?  Its not just about the game, its about his rhetoric.  Oh.. i forgot he can’t read D’s neither.  The facts are there just open your mind to see them.  

Even Theismann is getting a little upset by it and I don’t blame the guy.

I'd still rather cut Paul than have him as the first TE. On that note, I thought it was pretty obvious last year that Reed couldn't be counted on. I wouldn't have minded if the Skins used the 2nd on a TE. I'm more worried about Cofield and Hatcher (though, some Cowboys fans are going to be all like, "I told you so" on him). If they're not playing, the d-line isn't worth 2 ****s.

I hear you on that, and I was there too, but at this point I'd rather go with Paul, Paulsen and the rookie and put reed on ir. But that's just me being emotional and I know that reed is a great offensive weapon. Hopefully Paul can be an effective offensive weapon too. I'll say that I was impressed today. We'll see how he improves as the year goes on.

I don’t care about the 40 years, you called me a troll so as usual you don’t like my response.  Kinda sucks for you.  

You bring up Rogers…  First, RG is not in Rogers league.  Second, like Rogers, RG should be sitting and learning.  Its obvious the skins wanna play him because of what they gave away to get him and probably a few sponsors that sell his shoes and jerseys etc… want that too and even though redskins can sport a losing record, danny still makes a profit..  

The facts are.. 6 points.  No spark.  5 yard or less throws.  No ability to get away from the rush anymore, doesn’t know when to throw the ball away, can’t slide even though a 5 year old little league kid can, says he’s gonna prove all the doubters wrong and on opening day a subpar performance.  Do you get it?  Its not just about the game, its about his rhetoric.  Oh.. i forgot he can’t read D’s neither.  The facts are there just open your mind to see them.  

Even Theismann is getting a little upset by it and I don’t blame the guy.

Haha, i never called you a troll, i just said your posts are useless. Which they still are. 0 facts besides "6 points". Lets forget the fact that Watt is one of the best DE's in the league and had his way with Polumbus, Roberts couldn't keep his foot in during the 1st quarter on a perfect throw on the run, and Paul fumbled on the game tying drive after a PERFECT TOUCH PASS down the middle. Why talk about facts? Because you have none and which is why you are, in fact, a troll. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, the blocked punt was also his fault i am sure? 

What the heck was chris chester doing out there? I thought we got rid of that guy lol. Him and polumbus were getting beat bad the whole game.

Why would you think we got rid of him? Whether we should or shouldn't have, I don't think it was ever a close thing.

Haha, i never called you a troll, i just said your posts are useless. Which they still are. 0 facts besides "6 points". Lets forget the fact that Watt is one of the best DE's in the league and had his way with Polumbus, Roberts couldn't keep his foot in during the 1st quarter on a perfect throw on the run, and Paul fumbled on the game tying drive after a PERFECT TOUCH PASS down the middle. Why talk about facts? Because you have none and which is why you are, in fact, a troll. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, the blocked punt was also his fault i am sure? 

Why don’t you read over your post again buddy.. You will find the troll thing in there like all RG guys use who are having a hard time supporting their guy after last years disaster and possibly soon to be this years.  I hope not but i’m pretty sure its gonna stink for you. 

You are talking about a FEW plays skippy… There were a bunch more in the middle of all those too or did you forget those?  Lol  wake up man. 

the one to Roberts rolling out while pressured even though he stepped out of bounds by an inch, and the one to Paul which was then instantly fumbled. thats almost 100 yards of wiped out plays there. So shut up and come up with an actual argument or don't post. Ive been a fan for 25 years myself. 

I was at the game and made it a point to especially watch RG3 QB play. Most of his completions were very short passes. He was uncomfortable almost the entire game. He scrambled into sacks many times because of his tendancy to always run outside at the first sign of pressure. Except for a few nice plays here and there RG3 played poorly almost the entire game.

To your comments above:

The throw to Paul was a good read on RG3's part. paul got past the defender and RG3 led him with a nice ball. It was one of his better moments.

The throw to roberts actually was one of his worst plays. it should have been an easy touchdown. roberts was breaking free behind the defense. If rG3 anticipated him getting open and threw him open it's an easy TD. Instead he holds the ball, waits, then pressure comes, he rolls out, roberts is still so wide open that rg3 finally sees him and tries to get him the ball but throws it too close to the sideline.

There were many trouble spots today, RG3 is one of the most troubling and certainly is a major factor in the lack of offensive production.

Problem is young showed improvement.. Still waiting on griffin, and time is running short

Griffin went through progressions, threw the ball away instead of taking hits/sacks, and got the ball out of his hands fast. Off the top of my head, these are 3 things people asked for that happened today. He also took some solid hits as he threw on target passes. You don't know what you're talking about.

Griffin went through progressions, threw the ball away instead of taking hits/sacks, and got the ball out of his hands fast. Off the top of my head, these are 3 things people asked for that happened today. He also took some solid hits as he threw on target passes. You don't know what you're talking about.

Yeah.. were all stupid.  Now I know why I never liked my coaches in high school and college.  They used to say the same thing and they always put their foot in their mouths during game time after trying to run the fantasy that popped up in their head during practice.  Stop telling everyone they aren’t football knowledgeable because i can bet I have a lot more than you pal and probably some more on this thread as well.  

Why don’t you read over your post again buddy.. You will find the troll thing in there like all RG guys use who are having a hard time supporting their guy after last years disaster and possibly soon to be this years.  I hope not but i’m pretty sure its gonna stink for you. 

You are talking about a FEW plays skippy… There were a bunch more in the middle of all those too or did you forget those?  Lol  wake up man. 

NAME 1. You have don't nothing besides be argumentative the entire time. I could NOT tell you specific plays that Griffin made and say Griffn had great throws, but I am telling you the specific ones that he did well so that my argument that he played decently has doe merit behind it. Name 1 Just 1. Seriously 1. Please. 

I was at the game and made it a point to especially watch RG3 QB play. Most of his completions were very short passes. He was uncomfortable almost the entire game. He scrambled into sacks many times because of his tendancy to always run outside at the first sign of pressure. Except for a few nice plays here and there RG3 played poorly almost the entire game.

To your comments above:

The throw to Paul was a good read on RG3's part. paul got past the defender and RG3 led him with a nice ball. It was one of his better moments.

The throw to roberts actually was one of his worst plays. it should have been an easy touchdown. roberts was breaking free behind the defense. If rG3 anticipated him getting open and threw him open it's an easy TD. Instead he holds the ball, waits, then pressure comes, he rolls out, roberts is still so wide open that rg3 finally sees him and tries to get him the ball but throws it too close to the sideline.

There were many trouble spots today, RG3 is one of the most troubling and certainly is a major factor in the lack of offensive production.

Ok, I would love to hear/see more about that (seriously) because i am just going by what i have seen off of tv. Cant see the whole 11 sometimes. 

Yeah.. were all stupid. Now I know why I never liked my coaches in high school and college. They used to say the same thing and they always put their foot in their mouths during game time after trying to run the fantasy that popped up in their head during practice. Stop telling everyone they aren’t football knowledgeable because i can bet I have a lot more than you pal and probably some more on this thread as well.

I'm sure there are many other football knowledgeable people here. I'm also sure there are many people here who don't understand the game as well as they think they do, and as a result they make opinions based on emotions instead of facts. It is what it is, and I still respect everyone's opinion.

Archived