Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Coverage & Game Day Thread - Redskins at Texans: Houston, We've Got Problems - UPDATED - Pics

TK

As a fan, I have very low expectations for this season. A double-digit loss season is almost certain. While we may not be THE worst we're easily one of the worst. Sadly, a 6-10 season (my "official" prediction for this year's record) would actually be quite an improvement seeing as it'll be twice as many wins as last year. This team is not good, plain and simple. If all goes according to plan they just may challenge for a playoff spot next year.

For the people who say I'm quitting after one week, I'm not. This has been my prediction all along and I've yet to see anything to change my perspective. Yesterday just confirmed what I already knew, this team has a ways to go before being competitive.

So, you didn't quit after 1 week, you quit before the season began.  I don't think I could handle being so negative. 

Let's look at some positive stuff - good running attack.  QB threw for over 70% completions and no INTs.  Defense only gave up 10 points, 7 coming during a broken coverage.  Punter with a big leg and he also had a guy make a fair catch inside the 10.  Kick offs went into the end zone. 

When you're feeling in the dumps

Don't be silly chumps

Just purse your lips and whistle

- that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright

side of life...

(Whistle)

Come on.

Always look on the right side

of life...

(Whistle)

If you ask me…the Jay Gruden experiment should be over.  Haven't been sold on him ever. (I hope he proves me wrong)

After 1 game? LMAOOOOOO don't you think you're overreacting a little bit? You do realize Joe Gibbs was almost fired prematurely because he didn't have instant success, could you imagine if we would have terminated him?

On another note, check out this timeline when Joe Gibbs was hired and how many fans were upset and players on the team didn't like the move and were upset.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/01/07/the-gibbs-coaching-search/

I am not going to blame the OL simply because they are not built for pass first offenses or at least not built to support the drop back game. They are getting beat almost man for man and they are not capable of holding up for long enough to let Robert get through his reads vs an elite pass rush. They are built for shanny's ZBS and they do that very well. This is why we need to be run first and only after we have ESTABLISHED OUR BRAND OF FOOTBALL then Robert can work on making all his reads before hitting the check down.

When does the OL coach take responsibility for the lack of pass pro we've seen for the pass 4 years. The run blocking is excellent but pass pro needs a lot of work. We tend to blame the players, but the

OL coaching needs to be brought up. We've had a few dozens OL play for this team in the pass 10 years, And barring the LT (Samuels and William) they have all sucked in pass pro.

I don't think the best OL coach in the NFL could teach Polumbus,Chester and Litchensteiger how to pass block. In my opinion we are going to be a mediocre team at best with them 3 players starting.

Rg3 did better Sunday than I was expecting ..however he still missed a lot of wide open receivers!!! He still needs to learn to step up in the pocket... rather than dropping back and just sitting there like a duck waiting for the rusher to sack him starring down one receiver while another is wide open. Hmmm.. Why do you think Garcon and Jackson where standing on the sidelines looking mad at the world with 13 minutes left in the 4th quarter??...Because Rg3 was not getting them the ball when they where wide open. I'm not defending the o-line at all but it makes them look even worse when your Q.B. isn't doing things correctly. Trust me there is more to it than just the o-line.  

Roy Helu are ever going to learn to block??? Little things like this are why the skins suck between you and Niles Paul ...You call yourselves pro football players?? How many times have you watched S. Moss cover the ball up with both hands running down the field ..you think players like Niles Paul would catch on to the little things..ughhh..this is what coaches are for to chew arse out when your players cant get it right!! Not baby them because they are grown men...I would've love to seen a coach all up in Helu and Paul's face! I'm tired of the circus show that they call a good team!!!

lol it wasn't wrong, he kinda sucks. I just wondered if you had thought it was reported this offseason or something.

It was sarcasm. You were so serious in your reply. Lol I haven't been following as much in the offseason as I used to. I really thought we got rid of chester.

I don't think the best OL coach in the NFL could teach Polumbus,Chester and Litchensteiger how to pass block. In my opinion we are going to be a mediocre team at best with them 3 players starting.

I find it to be problematic that we've cultivated an OL that can basically only run block in a passing league.  

Archived