Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Coverage & Game Day Thread - Redskins at Texans: Houston, We've Got Problems - UPDATED - Pics

TK

you cant throw a quick slant with a bad OL?  everything is safe check down type BS, that tells me its really not the OL.

Quick slants also depend on timing between the QB and WRs, and they're susceptible to MLBs and SS watching those routes. I can't say that those routes were never there, but its not like they are 100% safe plays either.

9th straight loss for the team. 6th straight loss for Griffin. I'm not on the replace Griffin bandwagon, but people hating on Cousins for a measly 3 game losing streak don't have much of an argument. Face it, neither can succeed with o-line play, and play calling like today.  If this type of offensive output continues, the defense will quit by game 6, again.....

LOL

and yet you call me an internet tough guy???? Do I need to repeat the original question?????

I'm not the one getting my panties in a bunch and asking others if they're "retarded" but by all means, stay classy buddy. Just don't hit me with your purse, Sally.

Like i said, id be willing to bet you wouldn't say much if you were in front of me.

The irony though... When your IQ exceeds that of a speed-bump, I might take what you're saying more serious.

Two fumbles inside the 10, you allow a blocked punt for a td. You have the worst tackle in the league blocking the best DE multiple times 1-1.

Yes, we definitely lost because of Robert. Sounds like a typical skins fan who knows nothing about football.

Thanks oh God of football. Are there any other experts besides you that say robert is a franchise qb?

Dear RGIII apologists..

Was he the only reason we lost this game...  Umm no

Was he drafted #2 overall to be better than average.. Umm yes

Do we expect him to be able to stand up.. plant his feet, and not stumble six times a game.. Umm yes..

Do we pull him after one game.. Umm no

Do we expect to see some kind of improvement from year to year.. Umm yes.

So to conclude.. The TEAM lost this game.. and he is part of the team and a part of the reason they lost...So let's stop thinking that

his is a Super Bowl or Pro Bowl player if he's somewhere else.

Sound familiar?

Tom Brady struggled in the Patriots' 33-20, Week 1 loss to the Dolphins, completing 29-of-55 passes for 249 yards and a touchdown.

He lost two fumbles. Sailing passes all afternoon, Brady limped to a 4.52 YPA. Brady often appeared to simply be throwing the ball up for grabs, and was lucky not to have been picked. The dreadful afternoon was not all Brady's fault, however, as he had little time to throw behind a sieve-like offensive line, especially after halftime.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1163/tom-brady

Then why cant he do it?  Can he not read a defense?  Everything is to the outside, nothing much in middle of the field type stuff.

I get what you're saying but the least you could say is "RG3 looked bad and couldn't read the D.  However, a developing quarterback who's been injured a lot should have the decency of knowing that he has a pocket."  

We can't expect him to go through reads when he has Watt hanging off him.  I think better play calling would allow him to do what you're saying and his short slants.  You can't tell me that a pro coach in the NFL would have a RT like we do, see him getting destroyed, and never give him some help.  I mean, **** about RG3, that's your opinion but soften it with F our coach and Oline too.  

Maybe you did and I missed that or something. IDK. 

He played a pretty good half of football.  Usually to win you have to play two halves.

Before I have words put in my mouth: this is not to say he was the reason we lost.  The whole team sucked.  Gruden's playcalling sucked.  Alfred is running like a madman and he doesn't even get 20 touches.

Criticism does not equate to blaming him.  People need to understand that.  On the list of things wrong with this game, he's not in the top 5, he doesn't play special teams ad he didn't run down there and knock the ball outta Paul's arm.  All that said, he didn't play a particularly strong game either.  It was ok, wasn't great, wasn't terrible. 

The thing I'd say is, they took a dynamic player with unique attributes and have turned him into every other QB.  This game today, you could've had anybody out there doing what he was doing. 

why are you so eager to make an excuse for Niles Paul and the special teams?  All blaming Griffin does is give them cover.  Our WRs didn't break tackles.  Our OL didn't block JJ Watts good enough.  Our coach didn't call better plays.  RG3 didn't miss anyone in the end zone and he didn't throw any INTs and he didn't give their D any points.  Why put all the blame on him?

What part of 6 points don’t you understand? He wasn’t a threat in any way today either.  

This game isn't entirely on Griffin. He didn't fumble that pass on the 15. He didn't step on his foot to cause that fumbled hand off. He was bad today, but no one save djax, keenan, and Morris (mostly) looked any good.

This game on Jon Gruden and the players that turned the ball over.

Sounds like it.. I didn't know this board allowed name calling but it's cool.

I'm willing to bet if we met up at a redskins meet up you would be changing your tune. Lol always Internet tough-guys

Actually, he received a rule violation, and you should avoid giving the appearance of "internet tough guy" yourself, as in your last line. Posts that appear as "tough guy" challenges to some lameass mano a mano crap can also net you a vacation.

Actually, he received a rule violation, and you should avoid giving the appearance of "internet tough guy" yourself, as in your last line. Posts that appear as "tough guy" challenges to some lameass mano a mano crap can also net you a vacation.

Oh, you got a problem?!

Seriously though... Where the **** have you been?

Whether Griffin should be the QB or Cousins, really isn't even the issue anymore. The real issue is if Griffin is ever going to be a great QB in this league & I would say that most with authentic football knowledge--as opposed to us arm chair players on ES-- would say no, he isn't. We expected Griffin to be great when we drafted him & to be our man for the next 12+ years. The fact that the question if he should even be our starter is asked as much as it is-- and again, I'm talking about people that know a lot more about football than most of us-- is cause for alarm.

There are no questions in Indy with Luck, Seattle with WIlson or even Miami with Tanehill who their starting QB should be, but in Washington with Griffin there is a very big question and it is a valid one at that. We're in trouble my brothers & this thing could turn much worse before it gets better.

There's questions because this is the redskins. We had a pro bowl QB in Brad Johnson and the fanbase cried for Jeff George. One of those players got cut the following season and the other went on to win a Super Bowl.

Actually, he received a rule violation, and you should avoid giving the appearance of "internet tough guy" yourself, as in your last line. Posts that appear as "tough guy" challenges to some lameass mano a mano crap can also net you a vacation.

Understood. I was just going along with his "shtick" as you will never see me call someone a "retard" or such on this board. I'm here to talk amongst my fellow fans, not **** and moan at few who don't matter

And stated the obvious that only Internet tough guys call others names on the internet. Not that I was "challenging him" persay, but I know he wouldn't have called me that name had he been face to face with me

I think this was a total team loss.  Errors made by offense, defense and special teams.  Also coaching errors too.  You cannot leave Polumbus solely blocking JJ Watt.  I was watching it in a bar in California with the sound off so not sure if the tv announcers mentioned Polumbus vs. Watt stuff.  I could tell they were highlighting Watt showing him getting out of his car

before the game began.

Dear RGIII apologists..

Was he the only reason we lost this game... Umm no

Was he drafted #2 overall to be better than average.. Umm yes

Do we expect him to be able to stand up.. plant his feet, and not stumble six times a game.. Umm yes..

Do we pull him after one game.. Umm no

Do we expect to see some kind of improvement from year to year.. Umm yes.

So to conclude.. The TEAM lost this game.. and he is part of the team and a part of the reason they lost...So let's stop thinking that

his is a Super Bowl or Pro Bowl player if he's somewhere else.

Lol

Archived