Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Coverage & Game Day Thread - Redskins at Texans: Houston, We've Got Problems - UPDATED - Pics

TK

New coaches, new players, same results.  372 yards of offense, 6 points.  Our special teams gave up 8 points, our offense scored 6 points.  All of you who were on here in the preseason writing about don't worry about the offense,its preseason, they are not going to show anything, wait for the regular season, we have so many offensive weapons we will score a lot of points, are you worried yet or do you think they are going to just flip the switch.  Arguable the most basic(basic meaning easiest to execute)  part of kicking a field goal or punting the ball to the other team is blocking it up and this team cannot do it.  Could not do it last year and after a full off season, new coaches and new scheme they still cannot do it.  Did I mention all of this against the worst team in the NFL last year.

you cant throw a quick slant with a bad OL?  everything is safe check down type BS, that tells me its really not the OL.

I agree you can throw it. I watched the game - and maybe i missed it, but my point was, you have to call that to give the QB the opportunity to throw it. Our WRs don't run slants. That was my point. Again, maybe i missed seeing our WRs run quick slants into the teeth of the defense. I did see Roberts run a deeper slant, about 15 yards deep, but thats it.

You build from the lines out, don't know how many times it has to be said before this franchise gets it.

Bingo. As soon as we got RG3 anyway, it should've been line, line, line (the cap hit hurt us here though, I guess).  But the Redskins have tried to cheat and skrimp on OL for so long now, through so many regimes; I hope Gruden finally gets it and turns that around.

We have a punt blocked for a TD.

We have an extra point blocked.

We fumble twice inside the red zone.

We fail to get consistent pressure.

We have a QB who executed a game plan designed to get the ball out quick to neutralize a very good Texan front 7.

We get away from a running game which was gashing the defense.

And the reaction is the QB is the reason we lost the game.

SMH.

Your backfield is averaging over 8 yards a carry in a tight game. Sigh.

We lost this game by shooting ourselves in the foot and the Texans assisted just a little.

Gruden did not abandon the run... He was attempting to ram it in when RGIII and Almo had the fumbled exchange after the QB was stepped on and Paul was going to have us at first and goal until he fumbled. It isn't like we went three and out on pass efforts the entire fourth quarter.

Sounds like it.. I didn't know this board allowed name calling but it's cool.

I'm willing to bet if we met up at a redskins meet up you would be changing your tune. Lol always Internet tough-guys

LOL

and yet you call me an internet tough guy????  Do I need to repeat the original question?????

Whether Griffin should be the QB or Cousins, really isn't even the issue anymore. The real issue is if Griffin is ever going to be a great QB in this league & I would say that most with authentic football knowledge--as opposed to us arm chair players on ES-- would say no, he isn't. We expected Griffin to be great when we drafted him & to be our man for the next 12+ years. The fact that the question if he should even be our starter is asked as much as it is-- and again, I'm talking about people that know a lot more about football than most of us-- is cause for alarm.

There are no questions in Indy with Luck, Seattle with WIlson or even Miami with Tanehill who their starting QB should be, but in Washington with Griffin there is a very big question and it is a valid one at that. We're in trouble my brothers & this thing could turn much worse before it gets better.

Whether Griffin should be the QB or Cousins, really isn't even the issue anymore. The real issue is if Griffin is ever going to be a great QB in this league & I would say that most with authentic football knowledge--as opposed to us arm chair players on ES-- would say no, he isn't. We expected Griffin to be great when we drafted him & to be our man for the next 12+ years. The fact that the question if he should even be our starter is asked as much as it is-- and again, I'm talking about people that know a lot more about football than most of us-- is cause for alarm.

There are no questions in Indy with Luck, Seattle with WIlson or even Miami with Tanehill who their starting QB should be, but in Washington with Griffin there is a very big question and it is a valid one at that. We're in trouble my brothers & this thing could turn much worse before it gets better.

This

Guy he will not play in week 8-10 at this rate. His WR will be killing him week 5 if he doesn't throw downfield to Roberts, Garcon, and oh yea Jackson. Any pro qb making high school checkdowns all day will go 26/31. He is a joke.

According to Grudens' presser thats what the defense was giving him. smh!  More of that talk.  I put this on the coach.  He said when he did have a deep play dialed up the pressure came.

Jesus Christ are skins fans blind? Open your eyes and stop making excuse after excuse for griffin.

why are you so eager to make an excuse for Niles Paul and the special teams?  All blaming Griffin does is give them cover.  Our WRs didn't break tackles.  Our OL didn't block JJ Watts good enough.  Our coach didn't call better plays.  RG3 didn't miss anyone in the end zone and he didn't throw any INTs and he didn't give their D any points.  Why put all the blame on him?

RG3 was just really average (Like a J Campbell/J Locker/M Cassell). That's not what we gave up all those picks for.

That's what I'm worried about

First game in a new offense with a fumble from a te that killed a drive that had potential to tie the game. Give him time, he looked decisive and more mobile today. Give him time

Archived