Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl XLIX Thread ; * Patriots Are 4x SB Champions*

Mr. Sinister

I saw this picture and couldn't help reading it in Peyton's voice.

f55b0850-8ca9-0132-1dcf-0a2c89e5f2f5.jpg

The only two things possibly worse than the decision not to run Lynch was that nationwide ad or the commercial for Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson's new favorite miniseries, "The Slap"

You know what the key give away to the DB was during pre-snap for the goalline INT? 

Justin Britt. 

Look, every other o-lineman is in a 3-point stance ... except for Britt, who has a dropstep, slightly off the line, and his hand off the ground in a two-point, signaling pass.

Since the rest of the line is in a 3-point, conceivable run look, it makes Britt standout even moreso. If you are playside to Britt, you got to ask yourself why he's trying to get a dropstep pre-snap.

That gave the DB a clue that the pass was playside to Britt. Couple that with the close alignment stack by the Twin WRs, and you can guess, pre-snap, of a pick pattern with the inside alignment WR angling out (for the rub) and the outside alignment WR cutting to the inside on the Slant as the primary. 

Browner does a great job holding his ground in Press jam, not getting blown off the line, that allows Butler to cleanly run at the proper angle for the pick. If Browner gets blown back, Butler runs right into him. And since Butler is deep enough to see everything infront of him, it was just an instinct jump. 

britt%202.png

A bit OT, but Tom must sleep in a cryo tube. Looking at clips of him from the last SB over a decade ago, he hasnt aged one bit

[img]http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA3LzMwLzVmL3ZhbGVudGluZWNoLjU4NzE5LmdpZgpwCXRodW1iCTg1MHg4NTA-CmUJanBn/7b7cfb6d/2b2/valentine-]

Not gonna lie, if I was a woman, id smash....

It was a helluva play by Butler.. no quibbles for Brady though

yep, that was pretty much what i was trying to say. You said it better man. Would have been happy with Butler winning the award, but Brady definitely did earn it as well.

anyway, was great discussing the games with y'all this season :) definitely sad to see the season end, but now everyones 0-0 on the season. what will we do with our sundays???

You know what the key give away to the DB was during pre-snap for the goalline INT? 

Justin Britt. 

I'd be interested to know how he lines up in read-option plays normally. Was it really different this time? If so, great catch.

BTW, why didnt Butler win the MVP award? that interception pretty much got New England their SB ring...without his interception, Seattle would have ended up running in for a TD to win...

Well, you can't know that for sure.  Maybe they go 4 and out from there and the game ends with a defensive stand.  What you CAN know for sure is that Brady accounted for all of the Patriots points and the comeback to take the lead.  While the INT was vital to their win, they had the lead when it happened, and you don't know for sure what would have happened if it didn't happen.  

Wow indeed. What struck me is that Carroll takes responsibility, Wilson backs the stupid call (standing by his coach). The OC also states he made the call and takes responsibility.......then throws the WR under the bus repeatedly. Should have stronger hey!? Pathetic call, pathetic excuse. If they run him out of Seattle I would have very little sympathy. A years hard work flushed down the toilet.

Had Seattle not burned 2 timeouts I feel they would have been more likely to run it on 2nd down. 

This!  More interestingly, I was yelling at Belichek to call a TO and save clock time for Brady -- but apparently what this did is rush Seattle to conclude they *had to* pass on 2nd down, lest they wouldn't be able to run on 3rd and 4th (saving the time-out for after 3rd down). 

If you run on 2nd and get stopped, they would then have to run 2 pass plays on 3rd and 4th (having to use the TO).

And I can't remember the last time I saw an unsuccessful NFL pick play.... or at least one that resulted in an INT.  Goal line pick plays are like money....

but yeah... Seattle may have overthought that a bit. 

I wanted Edleman to win it.  Him and Gronk seemed to be there when the Pats needed a big play, but Edleman was everywhere.  Returning kicks, making big runs after the catch, and even delivering hits that left a Seahawk injured (which as ghoulish as it may sound proved to have a major impact). 

I agree with this, and actually thought he would be a candidate.  He really delivered the spark in the 4th quarter that the Patriots needed.  He was the Pats' "Lynch".

IMO, Pats "deserved" to win.  They really outplayed the Seahawks in all but 1 quarter.

Great game, mediocre to bad commercials.  It amazes me how much the commercials have changed in 10-15 years. 

Super Bowl commercials are the most overrated thing about the game. I don't know at what point it happened, but they mostly have become cliche. I also noticed early in the game a lot of commercials for movies made by Universal. While it's not unusual for networks to promote their own stuff, I found the number of movies to be slightly high. This made Me wonder if no one had paid for the ads in that spot, so Universal plugged their own movies. You would think they want the big pay day they get for a 30 second spot.

Super Bowl commercials are the most overrated thing about the game. I don't know at what point it happened, but they mostly have become cliche. I also noticed early in the game a lot of commercials for movies made by Universal. While it's not unusual for networks to promote their own stuff, I found the number of movies to be slightly high. This made Me wonder if no one had paid for the ads in that spot, so Universal plugged their own movies. You would think they want the big pay day they get for a 30 second spot.

Really?  I think maybe because for a while they used to be the only entertaining part of the game when SBs weren't competitive.

Did anyone trash talk towards Sherman after the game was over?  If not, I've got to give the Pats a bit of credit, because you know the reverse would NOT have been true.

@johnnylocal @riggo44 they didn't get 6 there. It's just the nature of the business. I'll choose to give Butler credit for a great play.

@DC9AdamW @riggo44 Two bad things can happen when you pass and one did. I just don't like it, not because it didn't work, but just don't.

@DC9AdamW @riggo44 Well we will just disagree on this one, I think they got cute and got caught in the rain with the cupcakes unwrapped.

B82AKAkCEAItKFM.jpg

I like my own vine too... I think I captured the moment perfectly... https://vine.co/v/OtEvawvUx0w  #SuperBowl

Play
proxy.jpg?t=HBiKAWh0dHBzOi8vdi5jZG4udmlu

Archived