Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Texas-Tech Boy / Girl Fight and Suspensions

Major Harris

Just stop. I've played pick up basketball for 20 years, women play often and there is never a problem. It's fun to watch the women with obvious college experience clown guys that think they can dominate them on the court simply by virtue of being male. I've never seen a woman get hit because some moron couldn't handle it. You've got to be a special kind of stupid to do something like that.

In truth no one playing sports for fun wants the quick-to-fight guy to play basketball or any other sport... or even to be near them for any reason. Those lunatics have their actions excused in college and pro sports by something like "he's extremely competitive" and made out to be a good thing. Everywhere else in the world those guys are just violent assholes ruining everything for everyone.

You missed the point of my post.

I wasn't saying that men shouldn't play against women, out of fear that some guy would lose it and start swinging at a chic. My point is, there's no reason for any guy to WANT to play vs them.

Again, there's nothing to be gained by a man playing a chic. If you are a guy that can play and you make a girl look silly, even a talented one, then it's no big deal. Conversely, if the girl you're guarding clowns you, then you are going to get teased by your friends. Or worse, you could end up with some hothead guy like Bethel taking a swing. I'm not saying that's what happened. But I could see how an incident like that 'could' happen.

I'm not talking about some doofus frat guy that 'thinks' he can play, getting clowned. I'm talking about a guy that can actually play. People like that don't get "clowned" by a good woman college player (for the most part).

And again, there's nothing wrong with a major college program like Tennessee assembling some decent guy players to scrimmage vs the Lady Vols. That is TOTALLY different than what I'm talking about.

Almost every pickup game I played in while in college had a couple girls. It's incredibly common and really not a big deal. They'd sub in, guys would take it easy around them, and everyone went home happy. A couple of try-hards were excessively elbowy, but it was never really a problem.

This guy needed to be booted.

This.

And I'll also add: wtf was he doing playing a pick up game with girls? I don't care how good a women's player she is, he shouldn't have even been playing against her.

I still remember in hs this "star" pg on the women's team in my neighborhood kept challenging me to a pick up game. I basically laughed, thinking this chick couldn't hang with me. Anyway, she kept on and on, so I finally played her. Totally humiliated her in front of everyone (she barely even got a shot off on me, much less scored).

My point is, this guy had nothing to prove (or gain), by playing against her. Nothing good could come from it. If he shuts her down...well, he's supposed to. If she makes him look bad, then he is embarrassed.

No sympathy at all for this dude. Not only should you not hit women, you shouldn't compete against them in sports. BAD IDEA!

Edit: and of all my years playing softball, without question, the worst ones were when I played on co-ed teams. "Jocelyn: why am I playing RF, I wanna play SS, that's my normal position"... Me (biting my tounge): "because you aren't any good, and we can only use one catcher". UGH. Never again.

I hope LSF doesn't see this.

Believe it or not, I agree with some of this.  My father coached little league teams (lower case because they weren't part of the Little League system) and when they were creating the teams, they balanced them as to good vs. bad players and every kid had to play 2 innings per game.  It sounds like your softball teams weren't organized that way.  If it's really competitive, some people don't even make the team, or they have to pay a position they don't like because of skill level.

It's also why I'm am against trans persons competing with people born male or female, especially female.  The trans women are born male with male hormones that give them a natural advantage over born females.  Title IX becomes a joke because it is intended to equalize sports opportunities like scholarships and even entire programs between males and females.

Lots of women athletes compete against men in practice.  Female tennis players regularly practice against males, especially the serve and volley years.  It helps build strength and speed in the females.

[As an aside, there was an interesting discussion the other day between Mary Caruso, Martina Navratilova, Jim Courier and another male player who wasn't familiar to me about the decline of serve and volley style of play and the present end line to end line style of play.  The cited lighter, faster racquets, heavier balls, and more exciting play with long volleys.  YMMV, I personally like serve and volley.]

I still remember in hs this "star" pg on the women's team in my neighborhood kept challenging me to a pick up game. I basically laughed, thinking this chick couldn't hang with me. Anyway, she kept on and on, so I finally played her. Totally humiliated her in front of everyone (she barely even got a shot off on me, much less scored).

In case anyone isn't aware of this story, Bubble Screen was in High School at the time. The pg on the women's team was 6 years old

When I was in college, one of the kids in my hall was deaf. One time he asked me and four friends to come out and play his team in basketball. None of us played but we were all semi-athletic and I had played pick up ball with the kid before and he wasn't anything special. Plus I thought it was just for fun.

We get to the gym and their team is full of 6 foot+, athletic, deaf kids. They had a coach running them through pre-game drills and the stands were full of deaf people. The first two points were an alley-oop which ended up being a play that was featured prominently.

I think she won. Probably put him on skates too while talkin smack.

FTR, we were both in hs at the time. Also dated a tall chic in my early 20s, who was good in hs. Same outcome.

Men and women don't belong on the same court (aside from the example I mentioned earlier). Can't believe this is even up for debate.

FTR, we were both in hs at the time. Also dated a tall chic in my early 20s, who was good in hs. Same outcome.

Men and women don't belong on the same court (aside from the example I mentioned earlier). Can't believe this is even up for debate.

She posted you up while screaming "uh oh mismatch!" didn't she? It's ok bubbles, no one is going to judge you.

Dude, it's ok to admit you stunk at bball and got "clowned" by girls. Some of us guys could actually play, bro.

Don't get mad man. What happened did she cross you up and then give you the shoulder to put you on your butt? That's an offensive foul! Respect the call!

Don't get mad man. What happened did she cross you up and then give you the shoulder to put you on your butt? That's an offensive foul! Respect the call!

I'm guessing she posted him up, he got a stiffy and ran off embarrassed while everyone watching laughed.

It's also why I'm am against trans persons competing with people born male or female, especially female.  The trans women are born male with male hormones that give them a natural advantage over born females.  Title IX becomes a joke because it is intended to equalize sports opportunities like scholarships and even entire programs between males and females.

leave britney griner alone.

j/k

but color me confused.  i can't tell where the lines are anymore.  i thought we were doing away with them.  i guess when convenient.

You missed the point of my post.

I wasn't saying that men shouldn't play against women, out of fear that some guy would lose it and start swinging at a chic. My point is, there's no reason for any guy to WANT to play vs them.

Again, there's nothing to be gained by a man playing a chic. If you are a guy that can play and you make a girl look silly, even a talented one, then it's no big deal.

Maybe cause it's fun to have members of the opposite sex around and not every game has to be hypercompetitve. Losing may suck, but having attractive, athletic women around more than makes up for the losing even if the women aren't the best players in a given sport.

When I was at NC State the girls team would always be playing pick up ball in the main gym during the off season. They would be playing against the guys and not one person cared if the girls won.

Maybe cause it's fun to have members of the opposite sex around and not every game has to be hypercompetitve. Losing may suck, but having attractive, athletic women around more than makes up for the losing even if the women aren't the best players in a given sport.

When I was at NC State the girls team would always be playing pick up ball in the main gym during the off season. They would be playing against the guys and not one person cared if the girls won.

I said nothing about losing to a chic. Re-read my post. It says "losing IT".

I am confused, they have a no tolerance policy, she admits to starting the fight...why is she not kicked out? Must mean no tolerance unless you are a star athlete.

Did she admit to starting a fight? What did she do other than push him after a hard foul?

Archived