Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Texas-Tech Boy / Girl Fight and Suspensions

Major Harris

He got shoved around the neck/face area. I dont know much about the guy, but as someone with a short fuse myself, I can see why he did it. Im not condoning or excusing him. He made a mistake. But so did she.

(Though I have no idea how id rect if a girl did it. Id like to think id just shake it off. I think itd be more about how much pain that person caused me as how i would react)

After the shove she took one or two steps back, which took a second or two. Believe me it takes a hell of a lot longer for the red to disappear than that.

Hopefully they can settle this for them. Im sure some kind of counseling is in store for the guy though.

They are both idiots, they should both receive the same punishment..

unless you are playing in state prisons I seriously doubt you see that kind of escalation once a week. I grew up playing in navy gyms I have seen that kind of shove and escalation myself, and it always ends up in a fight. Shoving I saw happen all the time. That bull**** in that video wasn't shoving, IT WAS PICKING A FIGHT.

And If you play a lot of basketball you should ****ing know that you don't two hand shove and get in the face of a mother****ing division 1 college football blue chip recruit. Unless this girl was just ****ing dumb. Wait, I think I just answered my own question

She was either picking a fight or she was sure he wouldn't hit her so she could do whatever. Either way she went to far. And he did the wrong thing too. Again, idiocy x2.

Oh I definitely don't see shoves weekly. They comes in bunches in games that get chippy. I certainly know that you don't get into the face if a super athlete.... but they get no real privilege, if someone does they have to control themselves like anyone else because frankly, who cares if they play college ball? Give them a gold star and a pat on the head, it doesn't make them special. She certainly started it but he escalated it and broke her face. It's not like she tapped him on knee and his leg kicked out on reflex. He got shoved then stepped towards her and broke her damn face.

I could see throwing them both out, but he should certainly be punished.

I think it was just a case where a poster 1. Didn't keep up with the thread. 2. Misinterpreted what I wrote/was trying to say.

Not a big deal.

Thats the problem with a lot of guys (not you). They suck at basketball, so they think women that can play well (against women) can hang with guys that can play.

That just isn't true.

Very true! Back when I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Shafter Hawaii,  I used to play Basketball on Saturday mornings at either Hickam AFB or Pearl Harbor Sub Base. One of my friends was a VERY good female basketball player She was 6'3, played on the All Navy and All Armed Forces team. High school and juco standout. I am just a very average player and I could hang with her. While she was taller than me, she had a hard time dealing with my strength. She beat me more often than I beat her, but it wasn't a walk in the park for her. Other guys that were good basketball players she couldn't hang with. The sheer physical strength of men makes it much harder for a woman to compete in many sports. 

I must be missing the complete video.  When I clicked on the link, there were three surveillance videos.  The first one showed the guy punching her after what looked like a contested rebound.  The second video had her shoving him and doing some shirt popping, arms out type of thing, but he walked away.  The third video looked like a mass of people colliding under the basket, and the football guy wasn't even involved.  I couldn't figure out how the sequence of events fit together.  Each of those videos was only 45 second to a minute.  IS there another one out there?

Archived