Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upcoming and misc. TV shows that don't already have their own threads

Jumbo

I LOVED Dig, but I am a sucker for Ancient Near East and arcane Judaic theologies.

Really liked 12 Monkeys as well-hope it gets renewed.

My new favorite comedy is HBO's The Brink. Jack Black, Aasif Mandvi and Tim Robbins are hilarious.

Also just got hooked on USA series Complications. You can tell it's written by Nix, the same guy who did Burn Notice.

My new favorite comedy is HBO's The Brink. Jack Black, Aasif Mandvi and Tim Robbins are hilarious.

Glad to hear it.  I figured with the cast, the show couldn't go wrong.  Got all three episodes recorded, but haven't watched any yet. 

Oh yeah forgot to say I'm on board with Aquarius so far, and just love much--not all, it stumbles at times---of the writing on Happyish---especially the wit behind the cuastic observations on certian religious and corporate themes

Also..anyone watching the new version of Battlebots? It's been fun so far.

We've enjoyed it so far, don't realize how big the bots are until somebody is standing next to one.

Season 3 of Ray Donovan kicks off Sunday.

Fear the Walking Dead in about a month

Haven't seen Humans yet--anyone checked a new Netflix one--Sense 8?

I got about 15 minutes in and got interrupted. Even with my increased free time and longish rainy/overcast seasons these days, there's too many damn TV shows!

Liked the season premier of Ray Donovan. I just hope he and Avi make up. Avi is one badass character!

Good to see I am not alone on ray Donovan. things are slow during the summer on television, and Ray Donovan is a top 5 show right now. avi is my favorite character on the show. in an age of television drama series where backstabbing is the norm, Avi's blind loyalty to Ray is refreshing. Liev Scheiber deserves an emmy nomination for best actor, imo.

Showtime is creeping up on hbo as far as best original series, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/fall-2015-tv-premiere-dates/

A list of premier dates for new shows coming this season.

I didn't know Longmire was picked up by Netflix for at least 4 episodes. 

also, several bits of relevant stuff below, and some of it on shows that do have their own threads already but I'm not gonna split it all up.

http://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/matt-ryan-will-play-john-constantine-on-arrow/

Haven't seen Humans yet--anyone checked a new Netflix one--Sense 8?

I got about 15 minutes in and got interrupted. Even with my increased free time and longish rainy/overcast seasons these days, there's too many damn TV shows!

Watched it this week with my wife and we both loved it.  Might make some people uncomfortable because they aren't shy about the gay sex and really pushing the identity boundaries at times and I guess some people could find that challenging.  Not what I expected at all.  Much better.  Some really memorable scenes and so much range.  Everything from German mobsters reciting lines from Conan the Barbarian (What is best in life?) to an Indian woman wrestling with doubts about marriage.  Watch it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived