Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Upcoming and misc. TV shows that don't already have their own threads

Jumbo

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/starz-orders-evil-dead-tv-747919   Starz Orders 'Evil Dead' TV Series

Courtesy of Everett Collection

'The Evil Dead'

Starz is bringing Evil Dead to TV.

The premium network has greenlighted an original series, entitled Ash vs. Evil Dead, that will serve as a follow-up to the horror comedy film franchise, it was announced Monday.

Read more Sam Raimi Plans 'Evil Dead' TV Series, 'Last of Us' Film

Original Evil Dead director Sam Raimi, producer Rob Tapert and star Bruce Campbell will return for the 10-episode half-hour series, slated for a 2015 premiere.

The series marks Raimi and Tapert's return to Starz following their Spartacus run. Raimi revealed plans to continue the Evil Dead story on the small screen back at Comic-Con.

Campbell reprises his role as the title character Ash, a stock boy, aging lothario and chainsaw-handed monster hunter who has spent the last three decades avoiding responsibility, maturity and the terrors of the Evil Dead. When a Deadite plague threatens to destroy all of mankind, Ash is finally forced to face his demons — personal and literal. Destiny, it turns out, has no plans to release the unlikely hero from its evil grip.

Raimi will direct the pilot, which he will co-write with his brother, Ivan (Darkman, Army of Darkness, Drag Me to Hell), and Tom Spezialy (Chuck, Reaper, Desperate Housewives). Sam Raimi will executive produce, along with Tapert and Campbell. Ivan Raimi will co-executive produce, while Aaron Lam (Spartacus) will produce.

See more Making a Cult Classic: Behind the Scenes of 'Evil Dead 2'

"Starz first worked with Sam and Rob on Spartacus, and we are thrilled to be back in business with them,” said Carmi Zlotnik, managing director of Starz. “With Sam writing and directing and Bruce Campbell returning to the screen, we are certain the show will give Evil Dead fans around the world the fix they’ve been craving.”

Syfy also announced today that Jim Uhls (Fight Club) will adapt Robert Charles Wilson’s 2005 novel Spin into a six hour miniseries. The acclaimed novel “centers on a young scientist trying to save humanity from the impending apocalypse of a mysterious, impenetrable cloud that has enveloped the entire Earth, blacking out the stars.”

d0e.gif

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/26985/20150117/netflix-released-the-description-of-a-k-a-jessica-jones-luke-cage-iron-fist-daredevil-and-the-defenders.htm

Netflix Released the Description of A.K.A. Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, and The Defenders

Marvel has been wreaking havoc with its cinematic universe. Now, that universe is boiling over to TV via Netflix. The studio is currently working on five exclusive projects for Netflix, which includes DaredevilA.K.A. Jessica JonesIron FistLuke Cage, and The Defenders.

Netflix recently released the description of the five new series, but we're only going to focus on Daredevil today. As expected, each show is set in the overall Marvel cinematic universe, although we shouldn't expect the likes of Thor or Iron Man to show up.

Chances are, there could be a possibility for characters of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to make an appearance, but we shouldn't hold our breath since the shows are on different platforms.

Here are the descriptions:

A.K.A. Jessica Jones: Working as a private investigator in New York's Hell's Kitchen, a troubled ex-superhero's past comes back to haunt her in the live-action series, Marvel'sA.K.A. Jessica Jones. Coming 2015.

Luke Cage: In this Marvel live-action series, a street-fighting ex-con battles crime in New York's Hell's Kitchen as the superhero Luke Cage. Coming soon.

Iron Fist: Marvel's Iron Fist follows superhero and martial arts master Danny Rand in the upcoming live-action series. Coming soon.

The Defenders: Marvel's The Defenders brings together Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage in an epic superhero team-up in New York City. Coming soon.

TV Pilot Season is at hand.  Here's some potential shows that old TV networks are looking at:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/26/tv-pilots-2015/

"Quantico" seems interesting.

"Supergirl" has already been picked up by CBS, so will definitely give it a look. Though, will that type of show last on CBS?

"Frankstein" and "Minority Report" seem interesting if they get picked up.

Season 2 of Black Sails just started on STARZ. It's basically a rated R Pirates of the Caribbean. Graphic violence, graphic sexual content, graphic language.

Cannons, swashbuckling, naval warfare, backstabbing, mutiny...this show has it all.

Oh, and this chick gets butt naked in every episode...

jessica-parker-kennedy-premiere-jack-rya

Anyone watch/watching Sons of Liberty on History? I'm 2/3 of the way done. It seems they took a lot of liberties (no pun intended) with the role Sam Adams played in a lot of the key events in Boston, but if you can get past that it is extremely entertaining and well done. They're also previewing another mini-series coming out this spring called Texas Rising. I do enjoy these. 

Netflix is supposed to be featuring previews from the new Daredevil series today.

Yeah, I saw a commercial for the teaser during Agent Carter. 

Supposedly it's at netflix.com/marvelsdaredevil

But they won't let you watch it unless you install their software, which I will not do.  (Because any time somebody tries to push me to install software, I assume it's because it's spyware.) 

----------

But there was an announcement made, like a year ago.  (I posted it.) 

Link to the thread: Bloomberg: Disney Set to Film Marvel Series for Netflix in New York [Larry: 4 series]

Disney got permission (and a huge tax break) to film, I think it was four "series" of 13 episodes each, and a "miniseries" of 7 episodes, in NYC, based around "the flawed heroes of Hell's Kitchen".  All of them, direct to Netflix. 

So, this is the first of several.  

https://vine.co/v/OF6QlBYhata

Somewhat old news, I guess.

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/07/29/tv-land-jim-gaffigan-sitcom-michael-ian-black

The network announced Tuesday that it has ordered 10 episodes of The Gaffigan Show, starring Jim Gaffigan. The single-camera sitcom, which was a pilot at CBS, is inspired by the comedian’s real life and will chronicle “one man’s struggle in New York City to find a balance between fatherhood, stand-up comedy, and an insatiable appetite.”

The cast is full of familiar faces: Ashley Williams (How I Met Your Mother) will play Jim’s wife, Adam Goldberg (Fargo) will assume the role of his best friend, and Michael Ian Black (Ed) will co-star as his wife’s busybody confidante.

Created by Gaffigan and Peter Tolan (Rescue Me), the series will debut on TV Land next year. Episodes will re-air within a week on sister network Comedy Central.

Concept isn't jarringly original, but Gaffigan is funny as hell.  I'll definitely give it a chance.

Anyone watch/watching Sons of Liberty on History? I'm 2/3 of the way done. It seems they took a lot of liberties (no pun intended) with the role Sam Adams played in a lot of the key events in Boston, but if you can get past that it is extremely entertaining and well done. They're also previewing another mini-series coming out this spring called Texas Rising. I do enjoy these.

I watched the whole thing this weekend. Had it recorded for two weeks. I liked it. Not great, but decent.

Agreed. I liked it more halfway through it than I did at the end, but like you said- still decent.

A couple of things though. Sam Adams actor was a 30 year old guy. Sam Adams was born in 1722. He would have been in his early 50s when this all began.

I liked the George Washington quote after his meeting with Gates, when he said, "I said I would not engage them leaving the city, I never said I wouldn't follow them," or something to that effect.

A little embellishment by Hollywood, but cool to watch.

Archived