Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Nfl.com; Rotoworld Jackson signs for three years as a Redskin

Johns Bass

You could parse what he was trying to say? I get that when you're angry or upset you tend to type furiously without checking but damn.

I'm so far on the opposite end of angry or upset.

Westy has tried every angle he can think of to try & spin this signing as bad for the Skins. I'm not going to go back & point them all out, as you can read them for yourself. The last one was just his latest attempt. And a pretty lame one at that.

Next he'll say they all drank hot coffee and burned their tongues because DJax dared them to drink it. Which will be his proof that DJax shouldn't have been signed.

I'm so far on the opposite end of angry or upset.

Westy has tried every angle he can think of to try & spin this signing as bad for the Skins. I'm not going to go back & point them all out, as you can read them for yourself. The last one was just his latest attempt. And a pretty lame one at that.

Next he'll say they all drank hot coffee and burned their tongues because DJax dared them to drink it. Which will be his proof that DJax shouldn't have been signed.

Yeah I was saying HE was upset based on how horribly written that post was. I couldn't even understand what he was trying to say and was impressed you could, that's all. We're on the same page ;)

These responses are strangely similar to when Trotter and McNabb signed with the Skins.   :)

I'm happy for DJAX.  He got paid, 16 guaranteed.   Skins were negotiating with themselves, but when the Danny says to get it done, everyone falls in line and gets it done. 

These responses are strangely similar to when Trotter and McNabb signed with the Skins.   :)

I'm happy for DJAX.  He got paid, 16 guaranteed.   Skins were negotiating with themselves, but when the Danny says to get it done, everyone falls in line and gets it done. 

The old Skins would have gave him a 5 year max contract and probably would have threw in a draft pick. You can bring up the Trotter and McNabb deals all you want, this is different and you know it.

I would not want to be in Philly if the Skins win it all. To see DJax standing on SuperBowl podium would be classic.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/6603/riddick-on-desean-jackson-part-2 :)

He’s a guy who could make an impact with just one or two catches, as the Redskins saw in 2010. He had that opening touchdown and one other catch in that game. Yet he made a huge impact.

Riddick: He did that kind of thing multiple times during my time in Philadelphia, as someone who was very involved with advance scouting and how we attacked opponents back then. Every week we’d ask, is there someone on that defense we can exploit and match up our No. 1 game-breaker against? We knew he would turn them inside out.

The first play against LaRon [Landry] -- he’s a 4.3 guy in the 40 -- and DeSean basically strided past him and it didn’t look like he was even trying. The ball was in the air and you saw him kick into another gear. But it wasn’t a strain, it was, ‘OK, I need to go from sixth gear or seventh gear.'

DeSean’s top-end speed is transcendent. It’s not like anything you’ve really seen in the NFL ever. That’s the intoxication I’m talking about when scouting a guy like him.

These responses are strangely similar to when Trotter and McNabb signed with the Skins. :)

I'm happy for DJAX. He got paid, 16 guaranteed. Skins were negotiating with themselves, but when the Danny says to get it done, everyone falls in line and gets it done.

Don't taze me bro! Lol seriously can you just stop while you're behind? Your responses are comedic gold let the players do the talking on the field. We'll see you in September.

The Redskins, once again, ignore the last 2 decades of how to build a team, despite their 2nd to worst record in the NFL the previous year and a history where their big splash moves ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wind up to be gigantic mistakes.

Congrats, you won March/April, yet again.

Is there really any doubt in any of your minds that the Jackson/Redskins pairing will eventually lead to the rest of the NFL pointing and laughing at your team saying something like "Same old Skins, Same old Skins"?

alice-oh-he-mad-300x222.jpg

I agree, your responses are strangely similar.  I guess we'd be looking for the exact same ending if the team was still coached by Mike Shanahan and Steve Spurrier.  Because Chip Kelly runs the team JUST like Andy Ried.  Right?

Yeah, the 49ers are just a subsidiary of the Redskins, as are the Browns, Raiders too.  Look, I understand you think your team will just keep on going without a hitch, why the need to come here to bash those who think this is a positive for the Skins?  You're obviously very emotional about this, and while it's good entertainment, it makes you look small and childish.

I've actually been against the signing, because I was certain he'd be asking for 10-13 million, as did most of the NFL according to ESPN.  That's why they said interest was "measured" by most teams.  You have to admit, if most teams thought Jackson would be available for 8 million a year, everyone would have called.

As far as off the field concerns, your best WR has a home video screaming racial slurs and saying he'd beat up everyone who's black.  Sounds like potential off the field problems for the Skins are a little less tangible than the ones the Eagles have already accepted.

LOL. We sign one guy for 16 mill... Add 10+ other mid-tier free agents to fill holes and this clown acts like its the same old same old. 

So salty. 

Westie, I smell what you're cookin. And I'd even lean to agreement on this if it rang true for our current FO...but it doesn't. The attitude of buying a championship isn't here anymore. 

So what you're saying is, for the Redskins to be a successful team, they are not allowed to sign 'big name' players? Ever? Because that's the impression that I get when I hear this argument, and it's bunk. Any time a 'big' player is signed, the "same ole Redskins" comments come up. Every team makes big splashes here and there. It happens. Correlation does not equal causation.

The Redskins, once again, ignore the last 2 decades of how to build a team, despite their 2nd to worst record in the NFL the previous year and a history where their big splash moves ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wind up to be gigantic mistakes.

Congrats, you won March/April, yet again.

Is there really any doubt in any of your minds that the Jackson/Redskins pairing will eventually lead to the rest of the NFL pointing and laughing at your team saying something like "Same old Skins, Same old Skins"?

What in the world are you talking about?

First, BUILDING an entire team through free agency has not shown itself to be a very successful thing. However, SUPPLEMENTING a team via free agency and trades absolutely is the norm. Look at the Patriots bringing in Welker and Moss for their perfect season. Look at Seattle last year bringing in Michael Bennet and Cliff Avril (and big name Antoine Winfield who washed out) as well as a splashy trade for Percy Harvin. Didn't seem to hurt them.

Griffin, Trent, Young, Kerrigan, Orakpo, Riley, Amerson, Morris...all building block pieces that were "built" from within. Indeed, that's that's four of the five "foundational" positions (QB, LT, #1 WR, pass rusher, #1CB) potentially filled for the future from within.

Second, I'm sorry to inform you but we absolutely did not "win" the off season this year. It just happens that Jackson hit the free agency stage at a time when there weren't other big names still available. Did we "win" more than the Patriots, who ALSO made a big giant splashy signing but did so for significantly more year to year money with Darelle Revis? Did we "win" more than Denver bringing in big names (and big money) TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, and Emmanuel Sanders? Or Tampa with Bennet, Verner, and Collins?

We're the "Same old skins" because we signed a top 20 reciever, in his prime, for market (if not below market) value that is $2 million less than what your Eagles were paying him?

Yeah...this is nothing but the bitter rantings of an Eagle's fan that doesn't want to admit to himself that they just let one of their two best weapons walk seemingly due to money issues and watched him waltz over to a division rival (one year removed from winning hte east) for millions less.

You have to admit, if most teams thought Jackson would be available for 8 million a year, everyone would have called.

Agreed.  Jackson's agent didn't make what Jackson was looking for knowledge to the rest of the league and the Skins were the only team able to acquire him for 8m a year.  The rest of the league certainly would have, but they never had the chance. 

Agreed.  Jackson's agent didn't make what Jackson was looking for knowledge to the rest of the league and the Skins were the only team able to acquire him for 8m a year.  The rest of the league certainly would have, but they never had the chance. 

Ridiculous.  Most of the rest of the league had already made MOST of the free agent signings they had planned to do.  As for teams like Cleveland and Oakland, I remain unconvinced they were really willing to pony up to this level.

We got an talented, impact player in an area of need and we didn't overpay.   There is nothing not to like here.   Anyone who wants to complain about "disruption to the team" must be foregetting that we went 3-13 and have sucked for 2 decades.   There is nothing left to disrupt.   Why not roll the dice on talent?

Well, I'm really torn. I think he's a good player, .......but I remember Trotter, hanesworth(he does not deserver a cap on the name) and the other nameless eagle. Please no bust this time.

Do you remember Wilber Marshall or Riggins? Don't just pick the negative signings. Most NFL free agent signings are busts. Look at Asagmoah or Revis (trade, signing quick release) or Davin joseph, Laurent Robinson, Paul Kruger. Reality is in the last 5 years most other teams have been far wreckless with signings. The national media has a misconception that Snyder is wreckless moreso than others. Too bad the real Skins in here believe that "hype".

Westbrook36 keep telling yourself all that nonsense. You really think this is like all our other FA signings? Those guys were regular FA's looking for paydays. Jackson was not expecting to be a FA. He was cut, unceremoniously booted by your Eagle franchise. Can you honestly tell me you don't think that's going to serve as extra motivation? This is a guy that's going to be SUPER motivated with a HUGE chip on his shoulder. And he's going to be out to LIGHT your Eagles up twice every year. If you're really not worried you should be! By the end of next season you and the rest of the Eagle faithful will be cursing your front office and Chip Kelly. If you think it stings now just wait till next season when DJax is lighting you up! HTTR!

Archived