Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Nfl.com; Rotoworld Jackson signs for three years as a Redskin

Johns Bass

Salty:

taosravenfan says: Apr 2, 2014 8:15 AM

Fantasy Danny strikes again. But there is no Lombardi for the offseason. A head case at QB with a head case at WR. A match made in hell. #HTTR

brownspower says: Apr 2, 2014 8:19 AM

The Redskin downward spiral is almost complete. They will be irrelevant for years to come and won’t be able to do anything about it. It’s a shame.

nflsecurity862 says: Apr 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Of course the R-words overpaid for him.

That’s kinda their thing.

I too think Moss makes it over Aldrick. What exactly does Robinson bring to the table now?

Actually, Robinson was starting to show signs that he might be more than the one trick pony that he has been for most of his career here.  Whether that's enough is another thing.  Hankerson might be more at risk, because he's coming off of injury and wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire before then.

I would say for Iggles fans  it's 75-25, not happy with him leaving. What's funny is the 25 are doing a great job to discredit him and skills, not his off the field and character issues - which is 100% why the let him go. 

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/690862-official-desean-jackson-signs-3-year-deal-with-redskins/

This is a good move. I'm listening to espn 980 and Andy Pollin sounds like a an idiot grasping at every straw he can to be negative.

he's really grasping ... kind of sad. 

He mentioned that Garcon complained about not catching balls and now that will be compounded? Pierre never did that, never ever complained about balls.  They corrected Pollin quickly it seems because he changed his tune, but good god. C'mon man ... 

My main concern with this is the fact that we still don't have that LARGE fade route in the redzone receiver (like Dez, Megatron, Fitz, Andre Johnson, VJax, etc.). I guess Garcon or Reed would count for that but its not that "elite athletic" number 1 we've needed for essentially ever. DJax is going to be great for us, is going to help the offense tremendously, and takes pressure off Garcon which, when you look at DJax, Garcon, and Reed that's a pretty damn good WR corp. That is a lot of words to say I'm pleased but that I think my hesitation is wanting a TALL (lol) endzone threat for so long.

I AM happy, however, about the deal we signed him to. Its a win for the 'Skins in that we got a primetime player for a reasonable sum with very little risk and a ton of upside.

Hoping for health with our top guys. I was concerned about the signing, that we would overpay. That is not the case at all. We get a guy that will come in with a chip on his shoulder. I also think with RG3, Hall, Garcon they will handle any issues that may arise. Hoping for some Oline guys in the draft that can play 1st year.

My main concern with this is the fact that we still don't have that LARGE fade route in the redzone receiver (like Dez, Megatron, Fitz, Andre Johnson, VJax, etc.). I guess Garcon or Reed would count for that but its not that "elite athletic" number 1 we've needed for essentially ever. DJax is going to be great for us, is going to help the offense tremendously, and takes pressure off Garcon which, when you look at DJax, Garcon, and Reed that's a pretty damn good WR corp. That is a lot of words to say I'm pleased but that I think my hesitation is wanting a TALL (lol) endzone threat for so long.

I AM happy, however, about the deal we signed him to. Its a win for the 'Skins in that we got a primetime player for a reasonable sum with very little risk and a ton of upside.

I think you can split Reed out and run some of those fade routes with him. 

One thing we have an abundance of now is SPEED.  With DJax, Roberts and Robinson all 4.3 and under guys and Garcon...we haven't had this much team speed at wideout in years.  Add in the fastest QB in the league and a guy like Reed and we have a lot of explosion.  Now, sure up the O-line...!

The Redskins, once again, ignore the last 2 decades of how to build a team, despite their 2nd to worst record in the NFL the previous year and a history where their big splash moves ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wind up to be gigantic mistakes.

Congrats, you won March/April, yet again.

Is there really any doubt in any of your minds that the Jackson/Redskins pairing will eventually lead to the rest of the NFL pointing and laughing at your team saying something like "Same old Skins, Same old Skins"?

The Redskins, once again, ignore the last 2 decades of how to build a team, despite their 2nd to worst record in the NFL the previous year and a history where their big splash moves ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wind up to be gigantic mistakes.

Is there really any doubt in any of your minds that the Jackson/Redskins pairing will eventually lead to the rest of the NFL pointing and laughing at your team saying something like "Same old Skins, Same old Skins"?

So let me get this straight:  In an offseason where you had tons of big names changing places, you had the Broncos, Dolphins, Browns and many more teams made big moves to improve their roster this March/April.  The Skins made small economical moves to fill holes on a depleted team and managed to get the one "big name" that was given away and now the Skins are back to their big spending same old ways.  I'm not buying that logic.

At least we win at some point in the year. Must be lonely in Philadelphia.

Who did they get?  A guy coming off a career year who his last team, the division winner, decided they were better off without.  That doesn't worry you at all?  His arguments on the sideline with the WR coach, his surly attitude, his lack of effort on plays, etc? 

There was a clear lack of market for Jackson, Washington was his first and last FA visit; lucky for him and many more that there will always be a Redskins.  Snyder just can't help himself. 

Eagles average W-L record over the last 9 years ... 8.25 wins and 7.62 losses?  Tell me again why you think your team is so special? 

As much as I hate to say it I'm pretty much in agreement with Westbrook. This is same old Redskins, spend big bucks on FAs instead of building a champion through the draft like every championship team.

It's going to really suck when the Eagles draft a WR in the first or second round that comes close to Jackson's production at a fraction of the cost and without the personality baggage.

Who did they get?  A guy coming off a career year who his last team, the division winner, decided they were better off without.  That doesn't worry you at all?  His arguments on the sideline with the WR coach, his surly attitude, his lack of effort on plays, etc? 

There was a clear lack of market for Jackson, Washington was his first and last FA visit; lucky for him and many more that there will always be a Redskins.  Snyder just can't help himself. 

We'll see how it all plays out.  Like you said, it's April and there's still a lot of things that will have to play out, but I applaud the move from the standpoint that the team filled a need, didn't overpay, and have a player that has a good motivation to do the right thing.  if he does, cool.  If not it doesn't, there's not a whole lot of money tied up in this deal.  

You're right about one thing: this deal did have Snyder written all over it.

As much as I hate to say it I'm pretty much in agreement with Westbrook. This is same old Redskins, spend big bucks on FAs instead of building a champion through the draft like every championship team.

It's going to really suck when the Eagles draft a WR in the first or second round that comes close to Jackson's production at a fraction of the cost and without the personality baggage.

c'mon man ...how is this big bucks? most deals are at least 4 years and ususally 5. 

16 million guaranteed? They can dump him after 2 years and that won't hurt at all. 

He's 27? He's smack middle or maybe even reaching his prime. 

This is not Haynesworth. 

why are you here and why do you even bother watching football if it causes you so much pain?

your team will pay... and you know it.

I hate hearing that this move just stinks of the "same 'ol Skins". This isn't the same type of moves that the team made back in the days of Vinny. We didn't overpay for an aging, looking for big money last contract, on their last wheels, veteran. This is a guy with huge upside, who also happens to come from a division rival, at a reasonable price. Is there some risk? Absolutely. But just about all free agents are a risk. You never know how they will do with a new staff, in a new city, with all new teammates, in a new system. Obviously the FO felt that the potential rewards far outweigh the risks. 

Aint gonna happen.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/3/26/5549806/desean-jackson-eagles-stats-replaced

Apparently ... someone you did not only like, but "loved" back in January. 

Also, seems Garcon has filled in the role you mentioned for that person to catch balls on third downs - according to you we should be doing great at WR!! 

Also, if you try to squirm away saying, "well, who's going to throw the ball to him"  Remember Foles ... don't make me dig up the posts where you crapped on him before his breakout . If Foles can bounce back from a crap rookie year and have a great 2nd year, RG3 most certainly has to have the benefit of the doubt to be able to bounce back from a bad second year, especially after showing us what he is capable of after his amazing rookie season. 

You're laughable as well as predictable.

In 2012 the Beagles give Jackson a 5/$51m deal. Now it's the Skins overpaying @ 3/$24m for a guy coming off a career year? So the Beagles underspent on a guy who was benched 1 game the previous year and decided to reward him with a 5/$51m?

btw...how's that "Dream Team" working out for you? Talk about an FA being lucky!!! LMFAO!!!

You're laughable as well as predictable.

In 2012 the Beagles give Jackson a 5/$51m deal. Now it's the Skins overpaying @ 3/$24m for a guy coming off a career year? So the Beagles underspent on a guy who was benched 1 game the previous year and decided to reward him with a 5/$51m?

btw...how's that "Dream Team" working out for you? Talk about an FA being lucky!!! LMFAO!!!

Welp....Westbrook36 is back to cleaning up the Geno's Cheez Wiz dribble off his chin. 

I think u just ended the argument.  LOL. 

Archived