Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Nfl.com; Rotoworld Jackson signs for three years as a Redskin

Johns Bass

I hate hearing that this move just stinks of the "same 'ol Skins". This isn't the same type of moves that the team made back in the days of Vinny. We didn't overpay for an aging, looking for big money last contract, on their last wheels, veteran. This is a guy with huge upside, who also happens to come from a division rival, at a reasonable price. Is there some risk? Absolutely. But just about all free agents are a risk. You never know how they will do with a new staff, in a new city, with all new teammates, in a new system. Obviously the FO felt that the potential rewards far outweigh the risks. 

agreed.  If this was the the same old skins we would not have signed Jackson.  We would have blown our wad in the first 2 days of free agency and would have had no money left by the time he was cut.

You're laughable as well as predictable.

In 2012 the Beagles give Jackson a 5/$51m deal. Now it's the Skins overpaying @ 3/$24m for a guy coming off a career year? So the Beagles underspent on a guy who was benched 1 game the previous year and decided to reward him with a 5/$51m?

btw...how's that "Dream Team" working out for you? Talk about an FA being lucky!!! LMFAO!!!

Who said the Eagles underspent?  No one is claiming that.  Construct your straw man somewhere else.  Deep down, you guys know this isn't going to end well.  An owner who has a reputation for being too close to personable players, a player who loves to challenge authority, a first year coach who doesn't have the clout of a retread hire or big name.  Things will go well as long as things go well.  If there are any offensive struggles, you DO NOT want a guy like DJAX on your team.  He makes situations worse.  He is not a hard worker.  He does not block.  He does not go over the middle.  He runs go routes.  He had a career year in Kelly's video game offense. 

He averages 4 receptions, under 60 yards, and under a half TD a game, over his career.  He is not a top 10 NFL WR.  Good luck with him, I honestly think you are going to need it.

The Redskins, once again, ignore the last 2 decades of how to build a team, despite their 2nd to worst record in the NFL the previous year and a history where their big splash moves ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wind up to be gigantic mistakes.

Congrats, you won March/April, yet again.

Is there really any doubt in any of your minds that the Jackson/Redskins pairing will eventually lead to the rest of the NFL pointing and laughing at your team saying something like "Same old Skins, Same old Skins"?

sounds likes you're mad bro :)

Who said the Eagles underspent?  No one is claiming that.  Construct your straw man somewhere else.  Deep down, you guys know this isn't going to end well.  An owner who has a reputation for being too close to personable players, a player who loves to challenge authority, a first year coach who doesn't have the clout of a retread hire or big name.  Things will go well as long as things go well.  If there are any offensive struggles, you DO NOT want a guy like DJAX on your team.  He makes situations worse.  He is not a hard worker.  He does not block.  He does not go over the middle.  He runs go routes.  He had a career year in Kelly's video game offense. 

He averages 4 receptions, under 60 yards, and under a half TD a game, over his career.  He is not a top 10 NFL WR.  Good luck with him, I honestly think you are going to need it.

ahhhaahhahaaaahha. This by far is the most apologetic justification for his release. You can think of all the excuses in the world, but at the end of the day - Redskins got a sought after player that will only make our offense better.

Deep inside you are sad that he left with no real reason to why the Eagles would've let him go. DJax will see you twice next year. GL.

And we didn't pay him top 10 WR money (or even close). If you're really this happy with the deal why are you so vociferously attacking it?

If this is how you feel about guys you "love" then I'd like to say what you say about guys you hate.

Face it, you're pissed he's no longer in Philadelphia and doubly pissed he stayed in the division and will be super motivated to burn the eagles twice a year.

Salty:

taosravenfan says: Apr 2, 2014 8:15 AM

Fantasy Danny strikes again. But there is no Lombardi for the offseason. A head case at QB with a head case at WR. A match made in hell. #HTTR

brownspower says: Apr 2, 2014 8:19 AM

The Redskin downward spiral is almost complete. They will be irrelevant for years to come and won’t be able to do anything about it. It’s a shame.

nflsecurity862 says: Apr 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Of course the R-words overpaid for him.

That’s kinda their thing.

Over paid for him?  I dunno about that.... I mean look at the market for WRs there were only a few multi-year deals given out. (I'd say it wasn't that great a FA period at WR)

So WRs who changed teams this off season and were given multi-year deals were

Golden Tate (Sea to  Det) 5 year $31 mil / $13.25 Guaranteed (Avg of 6.1 per year)
Eric Decker (Den to NE) 5 year $36.25 Mil / $15 Guaranteed (Avg of 7.25 per year)
Jerricho Cotchery (Pit to Car) 5 Years $8.015 Mill / $2.25 Guaranteed last 3 years voidable) (Avg 1.603 of Per Year, but if released in last 3 years...?)
DeSean Jackson (Phi to Was) 3 Years $24 Mil/ $16 Guaranteed (Avg of 8 Mil per year)

We didn't get on a hook for a long term deal. And those five year deals except maybe for Deckers, do you expect those guys to get to year five?  Now we are paying DeSean more, for a short term deal. but only about 1.75 Milion more than Decker.  That's pocket change when the cap is going up as much as it will be.

In fact i'd argue we got a deal on DeSean, and if he is as good as I think he is, next contract we will be paying more probably.   DeSean is better than Tate and Cotchery hands down.  Decker I think is a product of Manning, but was one of the better receivers this free agency period. (good luck getting those numbers from Geno Smith)

The Redskins, once again, ignore the last 2 decades of how to build a team, despite their 2nd to worst record in the NFL the previous year and a history where their big splash moves ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS wind up to be gigantic mistakes.

Is there really any doubt in any of your minds that the Jackson/Redskins pairing will eventually lead to the rest of the NFL pointing and laughing at your team saying something like "Same old Skins, Same old Skins"?

Yeah, some teams never learn…..take that ***** team in Philadelphia.  They still haven't learned that they're never going to have a trophy, but they keep on trying every year.  lol What a joke.  Those Eagles running around out there, it's like watching Wile E Coyote, just can't help but sabotage themselves time and again, like with never ending QB controversies, then when they think they're settled the guy they picked never plays well the next season, giving up their best players, etc etc.

Is there really any doubt in any of our minds that them losing their best WR makes them a worse team?  Nope.  Not a one.

sounds likes you're mad bro :)

lol UmadBro?  hahaha  I agree.

Westbrook36 must think the 49ers are a terrible organization too, they were 2nd in line for this disaster waiting to happen.

Who did they get?  A guy coming off a career year who his last team, the division winner, decided they were better off without.  That doesn't worry you at all? 

hahaha, you are comic gold, friend.  You keep on keeping' on.  I'm enjoying your raging posts obviously typed between tears.  This couldn't be a better day right now.  You are truly putting the cap on it.  Great stuff.  

If I were the Eagle's fans, I'd be more worried about how your QB and HC are going to do after losing their best player.  All those long passes, that's over.  Have fun trying to figure out how to spread the field for McCoy without anyone who can actually spread the field.  It will be VERY exciting for the rest of the NFC East.  We're all looking forward to it.

DJAX's first night in DC and he spends it with the other guy's worried too much about spending time in the club, getting bottle service.  Isn't that what players come to DC for?  Go to the nice clubs and get bottle service.  He is going to fit in nicely.

DJAX's first night in DC and he spends it with the other guy's worried too much about spending time in the club, getting bottle service.  Isn't that what players come to DC for?  Go to the nice clubs and get bottle service.  He is going to fit in nicely.

Nice comeback, Potsie.

Yeah, bunch of losers he was out with.  

Deangelo Hall - who just had one of his best seasons

Pierre Garcon - who just had his BEST season breaking the team record for receptions

Griffin - who won ROTY a year ago and was coming off an ACL surgery but still had more yards thrown than Foles, and played in the same number of games as him.  Griffin also doesn't look like he should have a pitchfork in his hand, overalls on, and a couple farm animals around him.  Just sayin'

Yeah, ******* loser.  He's gonna fit right in.

Now Farmer Nick and company can see how fun it is to play foosball when defenses know you can't throw past 20 yards.  Have fun with that.

It's hilarious that we traded positions last season, you guys with a first year coach too.  Weird how things like that happen in the NFL.  Just strange….

LMAO...look at you.  Mad at players in a club in the ****ing offseason. 

Son is VEXED.  hahahhahahahahaha

large_EagleTrophy-1.jpg

Wow.  It must hurt bad, doesn't it?

"I love DeSean Jackson" - Westbrook36

Signs with Redskins

"He's a punk, you screwed yourselves" (paraphrased) Westbrook36

I know it hurts.  It'll be okay.  You will always have your 0 Lombardi trophies to remember.

Archived