Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

10th Anniversary: When did you get Facebook?

Sticksboi05

When did you create your Facebook profile?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. When did you create your Facebook profile?

Had to wait for my school at the time. I was a Freshmen at Frostburg when Facebook originally came out but Frostburg wasn't on the list of schools to get it. I remember one of my friends at Tennessee telling me about Facebook. I don't think anyone thought it would turn into this.

Definitely liked it much better when it was simpler back when it was only college students on there.

Have had mine for 3 years. It was good three years ago to catch up with people, but it's useless and I'm rarely on it. I hate to say this, but after reconnecting with some old friends, I wish I hadn't. Everyone has changed (as have I) and I should have kept the past in the past.

Went to my 25th HS reunion a couple of years ago and while people had changed, most of them had changed for the worst. I'll never go back to another reunion.

I've been thinking of deleting my profile for about a year now.

I created an account in 2008 to keep in touch with family, etc.  

Now I have to endure narcissistic updates from people telling me when they have to use the ****ter and when they are stuck in traffic. :(

I'm thinking of getting rid of it or putting it on a serious lock down. 

I created an account in 2008 to keep in touch with family, etc.  

Now I have to endure narcissistic updates from people telling me when they have to use the ****ter and when they are stuck in traffic. :(

I'm thinking of getting rid of it or putting it on a serious lock down. 

i have 4 or 5 people that i have just turned off the feeds from.  (i don't "unfriend" them, i just don't see any posts from them unless i actively choose to go to their page, or if they post something that is tied to one of my other friends, or me directly.)

I have another nephew that i have my finger on the red button for silencing... but i have been hoping that his 50 posts a day would die down ..... they haven't

Got it my Junior year of HS.. 2006. I thought it would be the end of facebook when "grown ups" started signing up for it, as I used to exclusively for friends and stalking attractive girls. When my mom friend-requested me, that was startling. :ols:

Then finally I got sick of all the **** on there and cleared mine out. I unfriended or blocked anyone that wasn't close friends or family so I got substantially fewer updates every day, but I use it better now to keep up with people. It's MUCH better that way, a very useful tool when used properly.  

Isn't the true value of facebook hooking up with people you haven't seen in a while and seeing who from high school got fat?  

I find it very useful for checking out the photos of cute teenage daughters of all the girls you fancied in high-school 

I used FB a lot when it started then faded away from it. Came back once I figured out how to manage the feeds (didn't want spam all over my feed). 

Everything has changed so much since back then. I remember when it was just a page, before everyone had to get Timeline. I remember when you had to register with a university email to get FB. 

I use FB every now and then to catch up on old friends and talk to people. I don't use it every day though. 

Archived