Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Schedule Rumors, Predictions, Info

kleese

One interesting thing is that after playing Tennessee at home, we don't come back to FedEx for basically a month to play Tampa. Then we're on the road two more weeks until we play the Rams in early December.

We had something similar in 2011 but it was earlier in the season. Just that there won't be much heading out to FedEx between mid October and early December.

well, its my opinion, im allowed to have it. sorry if i have faith in my team and my QB. I love the Redskins and I'm a diehard fan, so of course i will always say that our players are better than anyone else; plus, RG3 had a great rookie season. He didn't have more TDs than Luck, but he sure didn't have as many interceptions.

dont want to start an argument about this. all i was doing is stating my opinion. sorry.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you should be able to back it up.  Having an opinion without having anything to base that opinion on and back it up it completely foolish.  I don't think Bubble was busting on your opinion (correct me if I'm wrong here, Bubble), but he wants to know why you have that opinion.  Otherwise, it makes you look like a clueless homer, which makes all of us look bad.

Because RG3 is the Redskins QB....you have a problem with that?

I don't

I actually do have a problem with that.  I have a problem with nonsense going unchecked on this board because it will lead to this board going downhill fast. 

We have had 15 different starting QB's since 2000, and not one of them should or was ever the best QB in the league, many not even in the top 20, yet they were all the Redskin's Quarterback.  My point, one has nothing to do with the other, and just saying that RG3 is better than anyone else at that position simply because he is the Redskin's QB is the worst type of stupid homerism there is.  Again, you're entitled to your opinion as long as it is actually an opinion and not stupidity at its finest.  You want to act that way, go to a Cowboy's board.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you should be able to back it up. Having an opinion without having anything to base that opinion on and back it up it completely foolish. I don't think Bubble was busting on your opinion (correct me if I'm wrong here, Bubble), but he wants to know why you have that opinion. Otherwise, it makes you look like a clueless homer, which makes all of us look bad.

I actually do have a problem with that. I have a problem with nonsense going unchecked on this board because it will lead to this board going downhill fast.

We have had 15 different starting QB's since 2000, and not one of them should or was ever the best QB in the league, many not even in the top 20, yet they were all the Redskin's Quarterback. My point, one has nothing to do with the other, and just saying that RG3 is better than anyone else at that position simply because he is the Redskin's QB is the worst type of stupid homerism there is. Again, you're entitled to your opinion as long as it is actually an opinion and not stupidity at its finest. You want to act that way, go to a Cowboy's board.

RG3's rookie season proved to me that he is better than Andrew luck. Less interceptions.

well, its my opinion, im allowed to have it. sorry if i have faith in my team and my QB. I love the Redskins and I'm a diehard fan, so of course i will always say that our players are better than anyone else; plus, RG3 had a great rookie season. He didn't have more TDs than Luck, but he sure didn't have as many interceptions.

dont want to start an argument about this. all i was doing is stating my opinion. sorry.

Dont be sorry, he is better than Luck when both are healthy. The last two seasons both were healthy Griffin won the Heismann and RotY over Luck.

Jaguars, Giants, Seahawks, Titans, Buccaneers, Rams, Eagles, Cowboys...

Out of all those home games, which should I make my first ever NFL game?  The Rams/Eagles/Cowboys Im worried about how cold it would be.  Id rather choose between the first 6 home games if I'm going to go.... 

Yes, always been that way for me.

As much as I love it though, I have zero interest in the show itself. I just want to see the schedule... I usually have it memorized within 10-15 minutes of release. But I'll be watching the NBA playoffs and just log on at 8:00 to see the schedule.

Wish we played in Florida this year or Georgia SHweeeeshhshs!!!!

I guarantee fans all around the NFL are looking at the Skins on their team's schedule and saying "Well, that's a win..."

This to a T

Last game here wasn't much better (Pete Kendall Butterfingers)

No. Week 2 in 2009. We won 9-7 and booed Zorn

Jaguars, Giants, Seahawks, Titans, Buccaneers, Rams, Eagles, Cowboys...

Out of all those home games, which should I make my first ever NFL game?  The Rams/Eagles/Cowboys Im worried about how cold it would be.  Id rather choose between the first 6 home games if I'm going to go.... 

I normally don't like going to games because it takes my whole day and Sunday is really my only day off during football season. Also, I don't like that I have to miss all of the other games. (that and the drunks, barely affordable prices, and the fact that we almost always lose when I go).

That Eagles game on Saturday looks interesting to me though. I'm a teacher so that will be my first day of winter break. Also, only one other game that day so I wouldn't miss out on too much.

Barring something catastrophic happening to the locker room, I have trouble seeing less than 8 wins with this schedule.  A healthy offense and average special teams and defense would lead to a probable division title.  Our defense is best playing from a lead with an attacking front 7, and this offense, if healthy and coordinated from the sidelines, should be very potent.

7-9 would be as high as I'm willing to go.

6-10, 7-9 area. I do get a kick out of all the 11, 12, and 13-win predictions. I should keep a list and see if the same people who are predicting such huge seasons are the same one that have the Class 1 Meltdowns later...

6-10, 7-9 area. I do get a kick out of all the 11, 12, and 13-win predictions. I should keep a list and see if the same people who are predicting such huge seasons are the same one that have the Class 1 Meltdowns later...

If we go by ES history, it is more likely that just about everyone who predicted that the team would suck would be raging along with them.

So looking at the schedule, a few things I note.

First, the last four games for us are set up perfectly. It’s not AS GOOD as two years ago, but it’s damn close. Three of our last four games are home games, and all three of our last games are against the NFC East. If we can make it to week 14 with 6-6 record then we have a REALLY good shot to win the division imho.

Second, we have the chance to get off to a hot start before division play. The Jaguars and Houston should be improved this year, but both should be winnable games. Not “gimmies”, but games we should have a shot to win if we’re going to be a legit contender.

Third, the middle two quarters of our schedule is where we need to at least tread water. We have 3 home games over that 8 game stretch, one of which being a tough one against Seattle. We also have Arizona, San Fran, and Indy all away that could be tough games to pull out. We badly need to find a way to split games 5-8 and 9-11.

Fourth, we don’t have a ridiculous early bye week which is nice. We’ll get a chance to rest up before two hard games on the road and then the home stretch that will be so vital.

So here’s my Homer, Doomsayer, and Realistic predictions….

HOMER:  12-4 record. 5-1 in the division. Lose to Seattle, Tampa, and San Fran

DOOMSAYER: 5-11 record. 2-4 in the division. Wins over Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Minnesota.

REALISTIC: 8-8 record. 3-3 in the division. We go into the last four games at 5-7 with an outside chance to run the table and get to the playoffs.

HOU = W (Like the Wizards = taking the bulls down by the horns)

JAC = W (sending them off singing going back to Cali)

PHI = L (two new dudes same ol dud)

NYG = W (big blue gets blown out)

SEA = W (sweet revenge but too close with the bird poop)

ARI = L (traveled and too pooped to pop)

TEN = L (we have to take a sucker punch by the suckers down south)

DAL = W (shot the sheriff on a Monday Night shoot out)

MIN = W (this AP doesn't make the news)

TB = W (um, getting some pirate booty home)

SF = L (our young men went west and came home empty)

IND = L (We ain't Lucky in the end)

STL = W (no Finnegan - no win again)

NYG = L (big apple heads win this one)

PHI = W (Jackson's coalition INTs many rainbows to Cooper)

DAL = W (Garret's last stand ends with his Red Rider range model air Romo shooting him in the eye)

10-6 win the division

lol, so true.

I've gotta be honest... the schedule release is so not important to me. I swear I'm trying to care but it's extremely hard. The only thing that was significant to me was that our bye week is a nice late one, which I always love. Outside of that, there's just no way to know what stretch of teams are going to be tough and generally the strength of the schedule from now. So I can't bring myself to care.

Am I missing something?

I get excited for a few reasons.

1) I need to know that we have a late bye.

2) I, unlike many others I guess, truly enjoy primetime games, & always look forward to them...no matter how many chunks we may blow.

3) when do we play our rivals.

&......

4) I live in LA so aside from spending a paycheck to travel to DC, I look forward to seeing when/if we play any games that make more travel sense. This year I knew we would play in AZ, & SF. Both mild drives for me. Both in state of the art facilities. Both winnable games if we don't completely bomb. The extra bit about being in LA is that Nationally televised games means that I don't need to go to a bar to watch a game.

Sure...I love going to Joxer's for the games, but sometimes you would rather stay home & be irrationally insane in the confines of your own home.

So yeah...The schedule release is kind of exciting because I get to begin to make travel arrangements, & it means we're even THAT much closer to football.

Plus...we get to see a bit more thoughtful analysis on the networks than we have to this point all offseason.

I dont see anything wrong with predicting any record. Who thought the Eagles would win the division last year? Who thought the Redskins would win the year before? Turn around can be quick in this league look at the Chiefs.

I will say i'm not looking forward to potentially Polumbus-Clowney/Watt game 1 :P

There is not a game on that schedule I would outright call a loss.

Well after the Texans should be improved (if we can dream of getting back to 2012 form so can Texans), and the Jaguars defense coming together, you could also say there is not a game on the schedule you would outright call a win, either.

Well after the Texans should be improved (if we can dream of getting back to 2012 form so can Texans), and the Jaguars defense coming together, you could also say there is not a game on the schedule you would outright call a win, either.

did you really just use the jaguars as an example of a team who might beat us?

Archived