Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Schedule Rumors, Predictions, Info

kleese

Is anyone else extrememly frustrated by the NFL's ability to flex games starting in week 5?  I find that to make it very difficult to make plans for someone coming out of town or anyone who has to give their jobs more than a day or two's notice.  I know that, for me, this makes it near impossible to go to a game after week 5 unless I just happen to be in town and have spur of the moment availability.

Come on, man. I love our QB, but I can't let that slide. Comments like that look bad on our fan base, as a whole.

well, its my opinion, im allowed to have it. sorry if i have faith in my team and my QB. I love the Redskins and I'm a diehard fan, so of course i will always say that our players are better than anyone else; plus, RG3 had a great rookie season. He didn't have more TDs than Luck, but he sure didn't have as many interceptions.

dont want to start an argument about this. all i was doing is stating my opinion. sorry.

I honestly don't see how we don't challenge for the division title if RGIII is back to 2012 form.  No hold that, if RGIII gets back to 2012 form, I honestly don't see how any defense in the NFL, let along in the NFCE can stop us from regularly putting up over 30 points a game.  Baring major injuries, we should be the favorites.

Is anyone else extrememly frustrated by the NFL's ability to flex games starting in week 5?  I find that to make it very difficult to make plans for someone coming out of town or anyone who has to give their jobs more than a day or two's notice.  I know that, for me, this makes it near impossible to go to a game after week 5 unless I just happen to be in town and have spur of the moment availability.

I will certainly be unhappy if I arrange to fly from the UK to Phoenix and the NFL flex that game!

Baring major injuries, we should be the favorites.

Love the optimism, but no.

New head coach, new offense, new special teams and same defense. Lots of questions and everything to prove. The potential is there of RGIII gets back to even close to his best but I could not call us favorites with a straight face.

I'm optimistic about our new coach and his gameplan, new FA additions plus the draftees, On paper it looks promising, however, we are still the 3-13 team from last year. Lets see if we can be as good as we think they can be.

We are not the 3-13 team from last year. Everyone is 0-0. I'm not overly optimistic either and I'll wait until the draft is completed, but what happened last year doesn't mean it will happen this year.

I think we have a chance chance to go 8-8 if we play our division tough.  I doubt we make the playoffs  Overall, I think the schedule is a little easier than last year.

Sunday, Sept. 7 at Houston Texans (FOX)  LOSS (0-1) Sunday, Sept. 14 vs. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (CBS) WIN (1-1) Sunday, Sept. 21 at Philadelphia Eagles (FOX) WIN (2-1) Thursday, Sept. 25 vs. NEW YORK GIANTS (CBS) # LOSS (2-2) Monday, Oct. 6 vs. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (ESPN) # LOSS (2-3) Sunday, Oct. 12 at Arizona Cardinals (FOX) WIN (3-3) Sunday, Oct. 19 vs. TENNESSEE TITANS (CBS) WIN (4-3) Monday, Oct. 27 at Dallas Cowboys (ESPN) # LOSS (4-4) Sunday, Nov. 2 at Minnesota Vikings (FOX) WIN (5-4) Sunday, Nov. 9 BYE   Sunday, Nov. 16 vs. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (FOX) WIN (6-4) Sunday, Nov. 23 at San Francisco 49ers (FOX) ! LOSS (6-5) Sunday, Nov. 30 at Indianapolis Colts (FOX) LOSS (6-6) Sunday, Dec. 7 vs. ST. LOUIS RAMS (FOX) LOSS (6-7) Sunday, Dec. 14 at New York Giants (FOX) LOSS (6-8) Saturday, Dec. 20 vs. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (TBD) ^ WIN (7-8) Sunday, Dec. 28 vs. DALLAS COWBOYS (FOX) WIN (8-8)

I love these segments. Spencer played 1/2 a game. Hatcher was solid. Ware was a shell of his former self and George Selvie (a street free agent I may add) had more sacks than Ware. We were the worst defense in the NFL ... BUT Losing these guys is a big deal. Only when they want to win their argument.

I love them too... Dallas has been just as irrelevant as us the last 15 years yet they get 400% more air time.

And you still don't think it's a self-inflicted wound :lol:

As I said in an earlier post, it's a whole new Ballgame with TV and the networks. That is not a typo. NFL has loosened/changed all their normal rules.

Yep. Even saw that espn will get to host a wild card game this season during my lunch lift yesterday.  That has potential to suck in the next ten years.  Could lead to actual pay-per-view events (on the extreme side).

Prediction:

Week 1 at Houston: W

Week 2 Jacksonville: W

Week 3 at Philly: W

Week 4 Giants: W

Week 5 Seahawks: L

Week 6 at Arizona: W

Week 7 Tennessee: W

Week 8 at Dallas: L

Week 9 at Minnesota: W

Bye (7-2)

Week 11 Tampa Bay: W

Week 12 at San Fran: L

Week 13 at Indy: L

Week 14 Rams: W

Week 15 at Giants: W

Week 16 Eagles: L

Week 17 Dallas: W

Overall 11-5.  Yes, I am a homer.  

Week 3 at Philly: L

Week 6 at Arizona: L

Week 8 at Dallas: W

Bye (6-3)

Week 16 Eagles: W

Overall 11-5. Yes, I too am a homer.

Prediction:

Week 3 at Philly: W

Week 6 at Arizona: W

Week 8 at Dallas: L

Bye (7-2)

Week 16 Eagles: L

Overall 11-5. Yes, I am a homer.

What I love: the first 5 weeks, the last 4 weeks and hosting TB after our bye.

What I hate: traveling to AZ on a short week, traveling to DAL and then MIN, traveling to SF and then IND.

Overall a pretty good schedule - good tests against good teams and some 'easier' games mixed in - but the traveling is going to be tough.

If we are lucky, we will come out of next season 9-7.

Split our division games with the 'boys, ain't and the birds 3-3.

Lose to all of last years playoff  teams, ie hawks, colts and the niners.

Game with the cards and rams will be a toss-up. Make split between the two.

We should be able to handle fellow "rebuilding" teams IMO.

Wild Card a possibility.

5-11, we end the season with a 6 game losing streak. I won't believe anything else until this team proves it. I have been down this road way too many times to expect anything more.

In fairness, you are playing Dallas the last week of the season.  History has shown that you will win that game, knock Dallas out of the playoffs, and win the division.  Congrats on being the just-about-to-be NFCE champions!

Wait, why would a Sunday game between the Redskins & 49ers be on CBS?  They are both NFC, Fox is the NFC network, right?

It's called CROSSFLEXING.

The NFL now has the right to switch up to 7 Fox games and 7 CBS games and put them on the other network.

Peter King explained it in the latest MMQB:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/24/making-of-2014-nfl-schedule/

Archived