Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Schedule Rumors, Predictions, Info

kleese

The Redskins will likely finish 8-8. They have an easy start...for the first 2 games...before having to play the defending NFC East champions and the Giants, a team that vastly improved this offseason. I see the team hovering around .500, maybe a few games under, until finally, at the end, cementing a .500 record. There just isn't much to indicate that this team is playoff caliber, even with the acquisition of DeSean Jackson. 

Just for fun, I've got 11-5 right now. We sweep the division except for one loss vs Eagles @Philly and hit a rough patch with a 3 game losing streak with the Bucs, Niners and Colts. Also having us losing to Seattle. This is probably our ceiling.

To be more realistic I'd probably expect another division loss and one of those Rams/Cardinals/Vikings games to be a loss (#soredskins), so 9-7. It really looks like a pretty easy schedule imo. 8-8 is about as low as I'd go with another divisional loss (Giants probably) to add on to what I just said.

CBS has TNF for first 8 weeks of the season and also, the NFL will schedule the best games regardless of what network. You could see a key AFC game on Fox and vice versa with CBS.

I knew about that TNF on CBS, didn't know about the key games thing. It's that what they announced today? I caught the end of something on the ticker...

The Redskins will likely finish 8-8. They have an easy start...for the first 2 games...before having to play the defending NFC East champions and the Giants, a team that vastly improved this offseason. I see the team hovering around .500, maybe a few games under, until finally, at the end, cementing a .500 record. There just isn't much to indicate that this team is playoff caliber, even with the acquisition of DeSean Jackson. 

I would think Clark upgrades the safety position, Hatcher upgrades the DLine, Jackson and Roberts are far better than the WRs they're replacing, and Griffin is a year healthier and will actually have an entire offseason to learn and improve. Those should be reasons for at least some optimism.

Surprised no SNF games

Sunday night games don't mean anything after week 5 now, because starting week 6 they can flex a game. So in other words if the teams doing good and they have a good matchup they'll have a Sunday night game.

I would think Clark upgrades the safety position, Hatcher upgrades the DLine, Jackson and Roberts are far better than the WRs they're replacing, and Griffin is a year healthier and will actually have an entire offseason to learn and improve. Those should be reasons for at least some optimism.

The optimism is them somehow beating the Giants the second time and actually finishing at 8-8 after a disastrous campaign. Believe I predicted them to beat the Cowboys in Week 17 too. 

There are too many questions about the defense, and why Haslett is even there. I don't know how Gruden will do, but it looks on paper that he'll be fine. We don't know how RG3 will bounce back, I want to believe that he'll be better with a full offseason healthy, but we'll see. 

I'm loving this schedule!!! I think the first few games will help us get our team gelling before hitting some really tough teams. I also love the late bye this year it comes at the right time to get people some rest and get healthy before the playoffs start. I think we win 10 or 11 games this year and see us getting in the playoffs.

Oh god I didn't even notice I'm so happy

Just watching those games @STL you get a bad vibe as soon they do the kickoff.

It's because it's louder in my living room.  Players hate playing there and Detroit.

Archived