Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What lessons (if any) has Snyder learned?

rosmith51

As an Eagles fan I have thoroughly enjoyed a good portion of Snyders ownership because of his day-to-day involvement in running the franchise. I used to say to my Redskins fans friends "I hope Snyder owns the Redskins forever"... much the same way everyone knows Jerrah will muck up the Cowboys by having to have his input, it certainly looked like Snyder was heading down the same path... shiny toys over building blocks, who's the coach this year, etc...

I have been genuinely worried over the last few years because it seemed like with Shanahan Snyder had actually hired a football person and was letting that person run the show (and even worse, it looked like maybe they were in fact starting to build something).

Now... Shanahan has proven to ultimately not be the best person for the job, but that doesn't invalidate what Snyder seemed to have learned, i.e. as an owner stay out of running the show.

So what's the take now?

Does Snyder come to the conclusion "Look, I tried it their way and that didn't work either, so I am going back to having input"?

Or does he do it right and let a football guy run the show for him in the next go 'round even though it didn't work out in this case?

We're about to find out, aren't we?

Best thing Dan can do, after he's made his settlement with Shanny (buyout or firing) and the last game ends, is to steal a bottle of Crown Royal from the minibar in whatever suite he's in at MetLife stadium for the season finale, and tap Bruce Allen on the shoulder and tell him "Tanya and I are taking a flight to Bora Bora from JFK tonight.  I'll be back in time for the Super Bowl......find me a coach."

And stay the hell out of the way.

That is exactl

We're about to find out, aren't we?

Best thing Dan can do, after he's made his settlement with Shanny (buyout or firing) and the last game ends, is to steal a bottle of Crown Royal from the minibar in whatever suite he's in at MetLife stadium for the season finale, and tap Bruce Allen on the shoulder and tell him "Tanya and I are taking a flight to Bora Bora from JFK tonight.  I'll be back in time for the Super Bowl......find me a coach."

And stay the hell out of the way.

You are 100% correct. 

This is an excellent question. The last several days I've wondered why nothing, from a football perspective, seems to work under Snyder. The track record is awful. I'm not sure where it went wrong with Shanny but this was the hire where things were supposed to change. I don't have much confidence it will be corrected going forward. So for all those that zealously defend Snyder, why is this thing still such a mess?

So far I can't vouch for him having learned anything. It's the same pattern since he bought the team. He hires an unproven offensive coach, undercuts him when things go badly, people lambast him for meddling so he hires an established coach and gives him full control of everything including personnel. Then when those results disappoint, he goes back to hiring an unknown offensive coach. Thus far the only thing he's learned (hopefully) is that Cerrato sucked.

Robiskie flops as interim, Snydey hire Schotferbrains and gives him complete control of personnel. Everyone says he's learned from his mistake. Schothead screws up roster and ends season 3-3 over last six games.

Snyderman goes out and gets Spurrier, offensive wiz with no NFL experience, then allows Cerrato to destroy what's left of roster. El Dano gets mocked for hiring lip-flapper extraordinaire. So...

He hires Gibbs and gives him complete control over everything. People say he's finally learned (again) to let football people run things. Gibbs blows multiple high picks on bust JC and re-retires.

Snyderatto go out and hire unproven Zorn, strip him of all power and openly mock him. Fans revolt, so...

He hire Mike Shanahan and gives him complete control of everything. People say he's finally learned to let football people run things. Shanny blows 3 1st rounders on RG3 who suffers a major injury, hires the usual incompetent sycophantic assistants, and is almost certainly out the door.

Here's predicting Snyder will hire some offensive coordinator from Denver or Detroit or elsewhere who will be in over his head and fail. Then Snyder will offer 12m/year to Cowher or Gruden or Dungy, offer him complete control over personnel....and everyone will say "at last, he's learned."

While Allen may be able to find a coach, if Dan has learned he will hire (or promote, Moroco Brown) as the GM before hiring anyone.  

I'm sure he's also learned that hiring an OC before the head coach doesn't work out so well.

Who is Morocco Brown, and what makes him worthwhile?

Who is Morocco Brown, and what makes him worthwhile?

http://www.redskins.com/team/staff/morocco-brown/aff6c80b-9305-49c4-912a-e0f87ba8779e

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2013/jan/8/redskins-director-pro-personnel-morocco-brown-not-/

He's director of player peronnell and is on his way to being a GM. I figure since he already knows the Redskins front office it would be wise to promote him before someone else does.

New member here. Well...I was here sometime ago, but was mysteriously given the boot.

I have one question before I get started on here talking Redskins with my fellow fans:

Is extremeskins still as pathetic as it was a few years ago? Or can I actually criticize Snyder now without getting kicked off the board?

New member here. Well...I was here sometime ago, but was mysteriously given the boot.

I have one question before I get started on here talking Redskins with my fellow fans:

Is extremeskins still as pathetic as it was a few years ago? Or can I actually criticize Snyder now without getting kicked off the board?

I can already tell you're going to do just as good here as the last time

He's obviously learned that firing a coach in the middle of the season doesn't ever really solve anything. He's also learned to stay out of the day to day operations of the football team, otherwise where is he on the local ESPN radio station ala Jurrah spouting off about his team now? I think one of these days he gets it right and this team finds continued success with him as owner. It will happen as long as he has the courage to continue mixing the ingredients up searching for that working solution and doesn't give up

There I said it, Hi.

The rules have not changed. If you got booted previously and intend to make similar posts, expect to get booted again.

I can already tell you're going to do just as good here as the last time

We'll see. I lasted 5 posts last time. I'm already on post #3 right now.

I'd love to hold hands with everyone here, and talk about how great this team is. But, that would be lying.

Instead I have to suffer with a mentally weak owner, who transfers that weakness to his players by enabling them.

Nothing will change until Snyder sells. He has absolutely no clue what he is doing. What gets me about Snyder is how much he loves this team. I mean....if you love it so damn much, why dont you sell it? You're doing more harm than good, and keeping this team near the bottom of the league every year. Doesn't he want this team to be successful? If so....sell the damn team so we can have another chance to do something good here! There is no chance as long as he's the owner.

Just based on your username, it seems like your ex-wife gave you the boot as well. Wonder if it was for similar reasons.

Archived