Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Press Conference: "I haven't made a decision on the starting QB **UPDATE** per John Keim: Cousins will start

Boss_Hogg

The point is, even if you think it, you don't SAY it. 

Now, you've opened Snyder up to ridicule (his aim), and potentially pissed off the egos (and lets not pretend football locker rooms aren't full of them) of everyone in your locker room that's not a QB.

Hail. 

Jesus. A 30 minute press conference, and one line in the middle of an answer. I presume you watched it, so you saw how it was a throwaway line - he was asked about why he went to Snyder when he's given full football autonomy and he said that he goes to the owner in a special instance like this one because this is the quarterback. This is the franchise.. He understands what the quarterback means to a franchise, we all do. Relative to an offensive lineman, no, Snyder wouldn't need or want Shanahan to come to him if he's considering benching him.

No, they're just trying to interpret anything Shanny says as him being an arrogant POS.  Pay no attention to what he actually meant, lets torch him for what part of the sentence sounded like..

Sounds like you're the one interpreting what he said to not mean what he actually said.  They're not interpreting anything, they're taking the words for face value.  

Chris Cooley was just on Mike and Mike basically saying this is a good idea. Watching film he says RG3 is regressing every week and they are running the most basic offense that he is struggling with. Cooley went on to say it is destroying Griff's confidence, just get him out. 

I for one will be watching this week where I haven't had a desire to watch this train wreck over the last few weeks. Let's see what Kirk can do.

Chris Cooley I would venture to guess knows alot more about football than anyone on this forum. As one who respects his opinion this should go a long way in helping others understand that this is a good thing, regardless of the Shamaham douchebag circus.

Mike had no problem risking him in game 1 with no preseason work, and obviously still slowed. 

If he is all concerned about injuries, I think it was more dangerous having him out there when he was unable to outrun DL for the first month of the year, versus at (near) full speed to close out the year against pancake opponents.

I have a feeling this whole Shanahan/Snyder thing has been totally blown out of proportion mostly by the DC dream drama queen media and of course the drama queens here. People have taken reading between the lines of an anonymously sourced couple articles and a couple days later Shanahan is a rat faced finkmanipulating lying POS.

This is utter ridiculousness. The man has one more year on his contract. I fully expect him to be here for it.

All I saw this year from people was- "RG3 needs to play to get better."  I've seen a few people flip flop on that stance.  

I was one of those people... he wasn't getting better. The play calling has been the same, Griffin is making the same mistakes that come with not practicing football for 9 months while rehabbing at an elite sport, he is getting killed behind our offensive line because of play calling, poor offensive line, bad habits, lack of working on football during the offseason etc etc. It's time to sit him down and look forward to next year. It's lame the way it has come about, but it's the right move under the circumstances on the field. If he doesn't travel with the team by his decision, that's just poor form and makes me see him a little differently. He should be there trying to help Cousins like any other professional would do. Griffin shouldn't be exempt from this so I really hope those reports are false.

Mike had no problem risking him in game 1 with no preseason work, and obviously still slowed. 

If he is all concerned about injuries, I think it was more dangerous having him out there when he was unable to outrun DL for the first month of the year, versus at (near) full speed to close out the year against pancake opponents.

Indeed.  Yet another obvious question nobody thought to ask in the press conference. 

Sounds like you're the one interpreting what he said to not mean what he actually said.  They're not interpreting anything, they're taking the words for face value.  

Did you listen to what he said?  It doesn't take much insight to see what he was talking about.  He's saying Snyder shouldn't care about the other positions as much as the QB which will be scrutinized the most.  Anyone that ever watched football understands that.  He also went on to say that Snyder shouldn't care about the other positions, he pays the coaches to worry about that. 

Don't let any obvious common sense apply here though, lets continue with the witch hunt..

Archived