Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Press Conference: "I haven't made a decision on the starting QB **UPDATE** per John Keim: Cousins will start

Boss_Hogg

Dude. The team has quit on him and the season regardless. Players aren't stupid. they know how to get a Coach out. And that's on the field of play. Witness the last few games. 

The season's done. He's done. 

Hail. 

Sounds like you've quit on the team too then.  See you next year.

Sounds like you've quit on the team too then.  See you next year.

What am I missing here?

You want me to back a complete self serving, POS rat that has insulted you, me, and everyone else that cares about this team over the last 72 and hours and more that is now doing everything in his own interests over the teams? A team that still employs him and who he SHOULD be putting before his own interests. 

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 37m

What a gem just now. Shanahan says he talked to Snyder b/c it's about the QB but "Dan could care less about the other positions."

Yeah, if you're in that locker room and you aren't a QB, your just gona' LOVE that one. 

Hail. 

Say what?

Yes Griffin led this team to a 3-6 record last year so he can get some credit there

Then he led this team to 3 straight wins over all the teams in the NFC East. Credit there

Then he led this team to an 8 point defecate to the Ravens and was injured. No credit there since it was Cousins who led that come from behind win against Baltimore in a game that looked to be lost and it was Cousins who won that game in Cleveland. No credit to Griffin for either of those

Then Griffin won the last two games. Credit there

Score card from that 7 game win streak in reality is that it's

Griffin - 5

Cousins - 2

RG3 was doing a very good job against the ravens defense. The only way RG3 was slowed down was when he got hurt. Last year RG3 was making every throw needed to be made. That last drive Kirk cousin got was made because RG3 got them down into the ravens territory. Don't try to down play RG3 effect vs the ravens game. That game was ultimately won by Kirk finishing the remaining plays, but Rg3 deserved 89% of the credit not this bull **** of non given to him. I think you need to rewatch the entire game not some bull **** highlights you may have seen espn.

Did I hear Shanny say that the off-season doesn't matter for every position except QB?    I wonder how many show up for OTA's if he's still the coach; which he won't be...just saying

I know some are trying to interpret that as "Snyder doesn't care about players at other positions".  I think he was just saying that QB is the most crucial position that needs and benefits the most when participating in the offseason and when a QB misses an offseason, it's much more difficult to overcome than other positions.

So Shanny kept stressing the Chiefs only had 2 sacks in their last 5 games. Guess he forgot coming into that game that KC was top 10 in sacks and the only reason they had so few was because 2 of those games were against Peyton Manning? Where does Atlanta rank in sacks coming into this one you ask, 27th. They have 27 sacks all season. 8 sacks over the last 5 games and 5 of those came last week against GB. But right, he's worried he could get hurt playing in a dome, on field turf, against the 27th ranked team in terms of sacks. Makes perfect sense to me!

2 sacks in 5 games is 2 sacks in 5 games.

Regardless, Shanahan DID want to bench RGIII for the KC game. He talked to Snyder last week about it. Before this latest round of media reports.

Given how much vitriol Shanahan has taken by making the decision this week, can you imagine how much more he would've received if he benched Griffin with four weeks left in the season?

... And seriously, regardless of whether you think Shanahan deserves to lose his job (he does.) -- IF Griffin were to tear an ACL, can't we all agree it would set this franchise back to a ridiculous degree? And Shanahan would be crucified for keeping him in there, just to try to win a few more meaningless games and salvage his reputation, career win-loss record and HOF chances, etc.

Shanahan's in a no-win situation here. Much of that is his doing, but that's not the point.

Personally, I agree that at 3-10 and no one playing well, QB included, ensuring RGIII enters the offseason completely healthy is of paramount importance. We're not making the playoffs. Given all that happened last year, it's frankly pretty surprising that there are so many who still want to see/demand to see RGIII start on Sunday.

I know some are trying to interpret that as "Snyder doesn't care about players at other positions".  I think he was just saying that QB is the most crucial position that needs and benefits the most when participating in the offseason and when a QB misses an offseason, it's much more difficult to overcome than other positions.

No, they're just trying to interpret anything Shanny says as him being an arrogant POS.  Pay no attention to what he actually meant, lets torch him for what part of the sentence sounded like..

The point is, even if you think it, you don't SAY it. 

Now, you've opened Snyder up to ridicule (his aim), and potentially pissed off the egos (and lets not pretend football locker rooms aren't full of them) of everyone in your locker room that's not a QB.

Hail. 

What am I missing here?

You want me to back a complete self serving, POS rat that has insulted you, me, and everyone else that cares about this team over the last 72 and hours and more that is now doing everything in his own interests over the teams? A team that still employs him and who he SHOULD be putting before his own interests. 

I don't remember Shanahan ever insulting me.  He doesn't know I exist and frankly I still sleep at night despite that.

What I said was that screaming at someone who is trying to help your team win a football game is counterproductive.  I never said you have to back him.  I still don't see how any of what he is doing cannot be interpreted as helping the team out, even if you disagree with it which you obviously do.  As for his employment, if everything the media is throwing out there is true and the owner feels that it is time to make a change then he'll make a change.  I'm still not seeing anything from Dan Snyder disputing anything Shahanan has said up to this point.

Again, he's failing as a coach because he's not winning.  What I still have yet to see any verifiable proof of is these crazy "Shanahan is the devil" ideas.  I see a losing team with a lot of people to blame, not the anti-Christ.

Archived