Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Press Conference: "I haven't made a decision on the starting QB **UPDATE** per John Keim: Cousins will start

Boss_Hogg

Does anyone seriously believe he was on the brink of walking away before the Seattle game?

Seriously?

Hail. 

I don't, and if I had to guess, when Shanahan was referring to 'partial truths",  I think that's the part of the story that's untrue.  The actual cleaning out of the office part and getting ready to quit.  The true part of the story was probably not being happy with the relationship, and he might've contemplated quitting as in it was equal on the list of choices, no higher, no lower.  

But then once RG3 blows out his knee on Shanny's questionable decision making, quitting was completely off the table.  A) he probably felt a little guilty and/or responsible about leaving him in, and B) it would've looked HORRIBLE if he'd said "the QB's got a torn ACL?  I'm outta here" and bounced. 

Washington Redskins Nation,

This is the most BS I've seen in my life.  I'm currently stationed in Okinawa Japan and I have to get up Monday mornings at 0200 and 0300 to watch my Redskins play and what I saw was disappointing.  This benching is all about Mike and Kyle and nothing to do with RG3.  They are trying one last ditch effort to put all this on RG3.  Week in and week out I saw a vanilla offense (read option, wr screen, stretch running plays).  They never stretch teams out with 3 or 4 wrs sets to give RG3 other options in the pass route.  I will be the first to say that Kyle opens up the playbook to try and make Kirk successful.  RG3 was on point when he said teams knew what was coming.  My 6 year old son could predict our offense plays. Kyle never adjusted to what teams were doing just ran the same plays over and over again.  Lets see how many 3 to 4 wrs sets Kirk gets this week at Atlanta.  Lets see how the play calling changes these last 3 games to save Kyle and Mikes reputations. 

HTTR, true fan for life..............

This is the most BS I've seen in my life.  I'm currently stationed in Okinawa Japan and I have to get up Monday mornings at 0200 and 0300 to watch my Redskins play and what I saw was disappointing.  This benching is all about Mike and Kyle and nothing to do with RG3.  They are trying one last ditch effort to put all this on RG3.  Week in and week out I saw a vanilla offense (read option, wr screen, stretch running plays).  They never stretch teams out with 3 or 4 wrs sets to give RG3 other options in the pass route.  I will be the first to say that Kyle opens up the playbook to try and make Kirk successful.  RG3 was on point when he said teams knew what was coming.  My 6 year old son could predict our offense plays. Kyle never adjusted to what teams were doing just ran the same plays over and over again.  Lets see how many 3 to 4 wrs sets Kirk gets this week at Atlanta.  Lets see how the play calling changes these last 3 games to save Kyle and Mikes reputations. 

Thank you for your service and dedication to us all. 

100 % spot on post. 

Hail. 

I've seen quite a few in the media who are critical of Shanahan in this situation. On ESPN yesterday, they were outright saying that Shanahan is doing this because he wants to be fired and keep the contract money. Then today, I'm seeing more speaking out including John Madden calling "baloney" on what Shanahan is saying. The PR strategy may not be working as well as he'd hoped if there was one.

John Madden "And if it’s a problem of taking too many sacks and too many hits then BLOCK BETTER for him. Get some better blockers, get a better scheme, go an extra lineman sometimes, go an extra tight end, chip a good pass rusher, do SOMETHING to help him other than to shut him down."

John Madden "And if it’s a problem of taking too many sacks and too many hits then BLOCK BETTER for him. Get some better blockers, get a better scheme, go an extra lineman sometimes, go an extra tight end, chip a good pass rusher, do SOMETHING to help him other than to shut him down."

Watch for different protection packages this Sunday. Kyle's gonna dust off the 2009 Texans playbook with multiple WR sets, stretch plays, and bootlegs.

Book it.

Again, out of likes so I'ma quote instead.

Watch for different protection packages this Sunday. Kyle's gonna dust off the 2009 Texans playbook with multiple WR sets, stretch plays, and bootlegs.

Book it.

Meh, players have already quit on the rat. Won't make any difference if his son does save for making Kyle look even more of a dick than he has to date. 

Hail. 

This is the most BS I've seen in my life. I'm currently stationed in Okinawa Japan and I have to get up Monday mornings at 0200 and 0300 to watch my Redskins play and what I saw was disappointing. This benching is all about Mike and Kyle and nothing to do with RG3. They are trying one last ditch effort to put all this on RG3. Week in and week out I saw a vanilla offense (read option, wr screen, stretch running plays). They never stretch teams out with 3 or 4 wrs sets to give RG3 other options in the pass route. I will be the first to say that Kyle opens up the playbook to try and make Kirk successful. RG3 was on point when he said teams knew what was coming. My 6 year old son could predict our offense plays. Kyle never adjusted to what teams were doing just ran the same plays over and over again. Lets see how many 3 to 4 wrs sets Kirk gets this week at Atlanta. Lets see how the play calling changes these last 3 games to save Kyle and Mikes reputations.

Thank you for your post and your service. My brother is stationed at Kadena, saw hi to him for me.

:lol: Thanks for this IrepDC. This quote from Madden made my day. Madden coaching up Shanny. That's priceless. :D

Some of you really crack me up. What owner in the league isn't gonna inquire when the starting QB gets benched? Name one. If Cam would have been benched last year you don't think the owner of the Panthers would have talked to the HC? The same goes for any other team.

In other words, the QB position>>>>all other positions.

That comment won't mean one iota of anything to anyone in the locker room.  The only people who will care are the media divas and writers, just like the whole rest of this soup sandwich.

I'm just ready for it to be over.

Shanny will be gone in three weeks.  Prepare for your parade. :)

I think he ilready gone.

Just check out TK's new avatar.

photo-115359.png?_r=1386786643

Some of you really crack me up. What owner in the league isn't gonna inquire when the starting QB gets benched? Name one. If Cam would have been benched last year you don't think the owner of the Panthers would have talked to the HC? The same goes for any other team.

In other words, the QB position>>>>all other positions.

Absolutely! That was a slight against, Snyder, and anyone that doubts that is blind. You could look at any owner in this league and realize that should the same happen with their franchise QB, they would want/demand to be in the know about it. Kraft, Irsay, Jones come to mind immediately. Again, that was an underhanded slight by Shanny to disparage Snyder when in reality this happens across the board in any organization.

:lol: Brilliant irony man. 

Hail. 

Would ****ing love for Snyder to hold a PC suggesting that due to the failing health of other coaches around the league, he has decided to shut down Shanny for his protection. :lol:  I'd throw a damn party and invite you all (regardless of some fans' views :ph34r: ).

Would ****ing love for Snyder to hold a PC suggesting that due to the failing health of other coaches around the league, he has decided to shut down Shanny for his protection. :lol:  I'd throw a damn party and invite you all (regardless of some fans' views :ph34r: ).

I'll bring the champagne, I already have it on ice.  :D

Hail. 

I don't buy that. I don't think any significant number of season ticket holders will cancel if Shanahan is brought back for the final year of his contract. Especially not after the fireworks we're probably going to set off in the free agent market this off-season.

Why does Shanahan deserve that free agency shopping spree? What has he shown that suggests he can choose player personnel properly?

Start the new regime off right with a real GM and let them spend the money the way they want to. That's something worth getting excited about.

Shanahan is a horrible, horrible coach for benching a struggling player in order to properly evaluate the rest of the offense.

Kyle would be a horrible, horrible coach for adjusting his gameplan to his players' strengths rather than rigidly maintaining the exact same style of offense for each QB.

If Cousins does well, it won't mean anything because the defenses he plays are all bad compared to the ones Griffin played.

If Cousins takes fewer sacks it will be because Kyle adjusted the playcalling for more quick passes, which we've all been dying for him to do for Robert, instead of Cousins getting rid of the ball quicker.

...feel free to add as you feel necessary.  Let's get all the plea cops out there now so that we don't need to make any up after the fact.

Shanahan is a horrible, horrible coach for benching a struggling player in order to properly evaluate the rest of the offense.

Kyle would be a horrible, horrible coach for adjusting his gameplan to his players' strengths rather than rigidly maintaining the exact same style of offense for each QB.

If Cousins does well, it won't mean anything because the defenses he plays are all bad compared to the ones Griffin played.

If Cousins takes fewer sacks it will be because Kyle adjusted the playcalling for more quick passes, which we've all been dying for him to do for Robert, instead of Cousins getting rid of the ball quicker.

...feel free to add as you feel necessary.  Let's get all the plea cops out there now so that we don't need to make any up after the fact.

Seriously, is that you Kyle? Cause if so, we got some pertinent (if not incriminating) questions for you.

If Cousins plays like the fourth Q of the cheifs game and is just average and unable to sustain drives, don't go anywhere, Just own it.

Archived