Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MTV: 'Justice League' Rumors: Wonder Woman, The Flash To Join 'Batman vs. Superman' Plus Green Arrow, Batgirl, and Nightwing, are all rumored for "Man

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Didn't know whether to put this in this thread, or start another one.

Forbes: Why Iron Man Vs. Captain America Trumps 'Batman v Superman'

Lots more at the link, including links to other articles which the author claims will contain lots of details.  (And lots of possible spoilers.) 

Nice! I knew it. I knew Marvel was building towards that story line. Capt. 2 was heavily focused on Caps' freedom, anti-strong gov. POV and they've always had a strong focus on Stark's opposing POV and they've touched on both themes in Avengers. Really looking forward to that. 

As far as DC, I like some of what they have lined up but I'm just not that excited for it all yet. Was more of a Marvel fan growing up and not too impressed with casting for DC thus far, but I'm holding out hope.

I am pretty geeked up for this batch of movies. Always been a JLA fan but never much of a comics reader so I don't know suicide squad or cyborg real well.

It seems strange to launch a TV show version of Flash and then have a completely different movie come out in a few years. Though I guess they did it with Smallville and Superman Returns. So far the Flash TV show has been fun but the kid is not much of an actor.

I really like how they are going about it giving characters guest roles in BvsS and then all out in Justice League and then each getting their own film. I assume there will be guest appearances by other superheroes in those as well.

Marvel are good movies (Capt AM2 was the best of the lot IMO) but DC characters are much cooler. Marvel always seemed like the Bush leagues to me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/16/will-smith-ryan-gosling-rumored-for-suicide-squad

It looks like since Suicide Squad is a popular comic book DC is trying to bring in some heavy hitters for the cast. Rumors of WIll Smith, Ryan Gosling, and Tom Hardy all to play major characters in the movie.

Here is the schedule for DC movies over the next 5 years:

• “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
  • Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
  • Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
  • “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, and Amy Adams (2017)
  • The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
  • “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
  • “Shazam” (2019)
  • “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
  • “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
  • “Green Lantern” (2020)

I don't know how you cast Ray Fisher as Cyborg in a movie planned eight years from now.  Cyborg is a Teen Titan... aka a teenager.  Methinks whoever you cast will be pretty old by the first movie.  Then again, Michael Keaton was in his thirties during the Back to the Future movies so Hollywood likes casting old teens.

I don't know how you cast Ray Fisher as Cyborg in a movie planned eight years from now.  Cyborg is a Teen Titan... aka a teenager.  Methinks whoever you cast will be pretty old by the first movie.  Then again, Michael Keaton was in his thirties during the Back to the Future movies so Hollywood likes casting old teens.

I think the plan is he will make an appearance in the Batman vs. Superman movie as a teen, and appearances in the Justice League movies. Once you get to the solo Cyborg movie you will get a older, battle tested superhero. I would assuming the thinking behind this is Cyborg isn't an overall established character like others and how much of an audience is going to run out for teenage superhero movie in the beginning. The other risk is Ray Fisher doesn't win over the audience and no one shows up for his solo movie.

Marvel are good movies (Capt AM2 was the best of the lot IMO) but DC characters are much cooler. Marvel always seemed like the Bush leagues to me.

It's funny.  I've always felt the exact opposite.  Other than Batman (who is epic and awesome), all of DC's heroes seem overpowered, generic and hokey.    

I am pretty geeked up for this batch of movies. Always been a JLA fan but never much of a comics reader so I don't know suicide squad or cyborg real well.

It seems strange to launch a TV show version of Flash and then have a completely different movie come out in a few years. Though I guess they did it with Smallville and Superman Returns. So far the Flash TV show has been fun but the kid is not much of an actor.

I really like how they are going about it giving characters guest roles in BvsS and then all out in Justice League and then each getting their own film. I assume there will be guest appearances by other superheroes in those as well.

It's funny.  I've always felt the exact opposite.  Other than Batman (who is epic and awesome), all of DC's heroes seem overpowered, generic and hokey.    

I have always been a Marvel fan although Batman ranks as high as any Marvel character for me. I never appreciated Superman because he's simply way too powerful to be interesting. (At least that's been my view. Definitely open to someone educating me more about this issue.)

However, I have noticed in recent years that DC easily blows Marvel away in the animated features department. They definitely work harder to bring depth to the characters and complexity to the stories. Now I'm ordering a lot of comics from DC's "New 52" series in order to better know what's coming in the DC cinematic universe.

I spent too many years with Marvel to ever "defect" but I'm excited to start digging into some DC comics. Batman's New 52 has been good and I'm going with Aquaman next.

Nice! I knew it. I knew Marvel was building towards that story line. Capt. 2 was heavily focused on Caps' freedom, anti-strong gov. POV and they've always had a strong focus on Stark's opposing POV and they've touched on both themes in Avengers. Really looking forward to that.

Civil War just seems like a terrible idea for the MCU to me. There's a only handful of established heroes and superpowered beings to this point and they can't access a good deal of their roster. They're really going to have to flesh out a roster or this will be a huge stretch.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-201409111900reedbusivarietyn1201303968-20140911-story.html

TNT Eyes 'Titans' Superhero Series

TNT is getting into the superhero game, as the cable channel and Warner Bros. are nearing a deal on a pilot production order for "Titans," a one-hour live-action drama based on younger characters in the WB-owned DC Comics universe.

Focusing on known names (at least to comicbook fans), the show would center on Dick Grayson, the former Robin who emerges from Batman's shadow to become Nightwing and the leader of a fearless band of heroes who include Starfire and Raven. Scribes Akiva Goldsman ("Batman Forever") and Marc Haimes ("The Last Word") will serve as exec producer and co-exec producer, respectively, with Warner Horizon Television producing.

Honestly, I thought Batman Forever was decent. I think it was Batman and Robin that was the straw that broke the camel's back

Was that the one with Jim Carey as the Riddler and Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face? If so, it was definitely the beginning of the end. 

BTW- Has anyone noticed that the actor playing the character in Gotham that will become the Riddler is a total Jim Carey knock-off?

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Suicide-Squad-Eyeing-Oscar-Winner-Play-Joker-68118.html

Suicide Squad Is Eyeing This Oscar Winner To Play The Joker

Fans have spent years wondering whether or not we would ever see another big screen version of Batman's arch-nemesis, The Joker, back on the big screen. Heath Ledger's portrayal of the character in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight not only earned the actor a posthumous Academy Award, but also became the definitive adaptation of the villain. That being said, the birth of the DC Cinematic Universe made Joker's feature film return rather inevitable, and now reports are saying that Warner Bros. and DC Comics may have found their man. 

According to The Wrap, Jared Leto is now being eyed for a role in David Ayer's upcoming Suicide Squad, and it's believed that the character he would play should he sign on would be The Joker. While the legendary villain was not featured in the original draft of the project, the director is reportedly rewriting the script and will include Joker as a player. Insiders say that the studio was originally looking at Ryan Gosling for the part, but the Drive star apparently balked at the idea of locking himself into a multi-picture contract. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. Will Smith?

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/suicide-squad-cast-will-smith-tom-hardy-jared-leto-signed-for-dc-film/

Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney and Jared Leto are set to star in “Suicide Squad” for writer-director David Ayer.

Warner Bros. confirmed the casting of the upcoming film, one of a number of upcoming projects adapted from the pages of DC Comics, on Tuesday afternoon.

“Suicide Squad” features an all-star roster of villains who act as mercenaries, and the movie will see Smith play Deadshot; Robbie, Harley Quinn; Leto, the Joker; Courtney, Boomerang; while Cara Delevingne will play Enchantress.

Tom Hardy, who previously brought to the screen the Batman villain Bane in “The Dark Knight Rises,” will star as Rick Flagg.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/12/03/oprah-winfrey-reportedly-wb-s-first-choice-to-play-amanda-waller-in-suicide-squad-2478293?lt_source=external,manual

Oprah Winfrey Reportedly WB's First Choice to Play Amanda Waller in Suicide Squad.

Warners still has the role of Amanda Waller, the character who oversees the team (similar to Nick Fury in the Marvel universe), to cast before the film goes into production. The studio’s shortlist of actresses being eyed for the role includes Viola Davis, Octavia Spencer and Oprah Winfrey, whom sources say would be WB’s first choice for the part.

If this is true, Oprah Winfrey could be on the edge of landing her biggest role yet. Oprah has recently returned from her prolonged live-action movie hiatus with a bang. She played a critically acclaimed role in Lee Daniels' The Butler (earning praise from President Barack Obama as well), and will be playing civil rights activist Annie Lee Cooper in the upcoming Selma.

Of course, this will be a huge commitment on Oprah's part. If Amanda Waller ends up being as important as Nick Fury, she could be signed on to appear in many more DC films after Suicide Squad.

Viola Davis would be awesome (Oprah seems to old and Davis is 11 years younger).

CCH Pounder would kick ass too (just throwing a name out there) that will never be considered - especially if they are going after an older version of Waller.

What about Will's wife? Jada is killing it as Fish Mooney on Gotham. Probably too confusing.

Archived