Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MTV: 'Justice League' Rumors: Wonder Woman, The Flash To Join 'Batman vs. Superman' Plus Green Arrow, Batgirl, and Nightwing, are all rumored for "Man

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Makes me think he'll be Cyborg. If so, that's actually a good role for him.

Unless he's talking just about movies, Cyborg was in Smallville. Honestly, I'd rather see The Rock play Captain Marvel. I think he's too old and muscular for Cyborg.

Hmmm...Rock posted this today on Twitter.

Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Black Adam are my fav superheroes, but GL's already been made and stamped. #RockTalk

and now...

Myself & DC have agreed on a character.. extremely complex, well known (but never played) and a pure BAD ASS MF;) #RockTalk .

My guess would be the Martin Manhunter.

It could be Cyborg; that would be interesting, but to have someone with more of a physical stature than Superman just wouldn't look quite right.  Guess I would have to see the costume; it might work.

It could still be the Green Lantern, John Stewart instead of Hal Jordan.

The way I envision Martian Manhunter's character playing out on screen doesn't jive with Rock's acting range imo. 

The martian Manhunter is the strong silent type...not too much acting chops required.  Rock would be fine in that role. 

Give it a mercy killing. They lost me awhile ago. I honestly still haven't bothered to watch Man Of Steel yet.

Quick synopsis.

Alien lives on earth for 30 or so years. (Superman)

Other alien (General Zod) claiming to be authority shows up and demands earth give up the alien they don't know is hiding on their planet.

Humanity, faced with amazing alien technology and serious threat thereof..    doesn't know what to do. After all, this stranger who has brought Armageddon to their planetary shores has been such a nice guy...

Superman decides to turn himself in.

Zod decides he likes Earth and will keep it for the new Kryptonian race he intends to start from encrypted info in Superman's DNA.

Massive fight ensues.

Entire cities are destroyed, skyscrapers toppling left and right, towns being wiped out, thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people die.

Superman breaks Zod's neck after all of this destruction, something he no doubt could have done before all those people died and all those cities were ruined.

In the end, earth cheers Superman for hiding out on their planet and bringing all this destruction down on their heads.

Suspension of disbelief level required to justify it all- astronomical.

However, the fight scenes are AWESOME.

to the topic, every name added to the list muddies it up more and more.

The problem with much of DC mythos is it's hopelessly rooted in the 30s 40s and 50s. 

the things that were amazing then ain't so amazing now, and not very many of their characters can make the jump into the modern era for more than a brief length of time. (Batman being the exception. Green Arrow.)

~Bang

Give it a mercy killing. They lost me awhile ago. I honestly still haven't bothered to watch Man Of Steel yet.

Then shame on you. The more I watch Man of Steel, the more I appreciate it. I thought it was well done and is grossly underrated.

The problem with much of DC mythos is it's hopelessly rooted in the 30s 40s and 50s. 

the things that were amazing then ain't so amazing now, and not very many of their characters can make the jump into the modern era for more than a brief length of time. (Batman being the exception. Green Arrow.)

~Bang

But Darkseid is from the Bronze Age of comics - 1970's and 1980's, so if Rock was being primed for that role - it would be a nice addition, right?

I know Singer wanted Darkseid in his Superman movie..not that it would have saved it.

As for Man of Steel, other than making Pa Kent a despicable human being and Clark Kent the worst person at hiding his true identity, it was alright. I know a lot of Superman die hards hated the movie though.

:)

But Darkseid is from the Bronze Age of comics - 1970's and 1980's, so if Rock was being primed for that role - it would be a nice addition, right?

I know Singer wanted Darkseid in his Superman movie..not that it would have saved it.

As for Man of Steel, other than making Pa Kent a despicable human being and Clark Kent the worst person at hiding his true identity, it was alright. I know a lot of Superman die hards hated the movie though.

:)

Darkseid is OK, but overall the rest of his planet is pretty friggin' stupid.

Jack Kirby had lost in by the time he got to DC in the 70s.

I'll see a JLA / Darkseid movie, but if it's like the comics it won't work. JLA was always overpopulated with characters. way too many.

and frankly, Batman would never want anything to do with them, would never join them.

~Bang

Then shame on you. The more I watch Man of Steel, the more I appreciate it. I thought it was well done and is grossly underrated.

I liked the movie. I get why some people don't. But for these types of films, you need the right mindset going in. Its not going to be Saving Private Ryan. Its not supposed to be. Especially when you have comic characters that are 80 years old. There is so much contradiction to dig through, some people will always be upset.

Note....this doesn't give a pass to that Asshat Michael Bay who ruined Transformers and looks to do the same to TMNT. Those are only 30 years old. Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Avengers, Hulk, Thor, etc....much older.

• 5 weeks later...

It has been announced and confirmed by the WB and the Wall Street Journal that Justice League will follow Batman vs Superman.

Zack Snyder stays on to direct with same Cavil as Supes, Batflex, Wonder Got, Stage Actor Cyborg, Dwayne The Rock Johnson as someone....likely John Stewart's Green Lantern  and Jason Mamoa reportedly as Aquaman.     Still need to find a Flash.  Hope is not dead for a CW "Arrow" crossover with these films.

It has been announced and confirmed by the WB and the Wall Street Journal that Justice League will follow Batman vs Superman.

Zack Snyder stays on to direct with same Cavil as Supes, Batflex, Wonder Got, Stage Actor Cyborg, Dwayne The Rock Johnson as someone....likely John Stewart's Green Lantern  and Jason Mamoa reportedly as Aquaman.     Still need to find a Flash.  Hope is not dead for a CW "Arrow" crossover with these films.

I can see them using the CW's actor for it to keep continuity. Especially if the Flash show that debuts this fall is successful. 

If Green Arrow is in the film and they use anyone other than Stephen Amell to play him, that would be a shame. He's become the Arrow in my mind. 

As for the Flash, there are several Flashes to choose from. I'm guessing they will either go with the Barry Allen or the Wally West versions..so they may not be tied to the TV actor right now.

If Green Arrow is in the film and they use anyone other than Stephen Amell to play him, that would be a shame. He's become the Arrow in my mind. 

As for the Flash, there are several Flashes to choose from. I'm guessing they will either go with the Barry Allen or the Wally West versions..so they may not be tied to the TV actor right now.

If they use CW Arrow, they'd have to use CWs Flash because of the series being tied together (one woudl think but I see your point).   Also what of "Gotham"?

And it's confirmed that Justice League will in fact film back to back with Batman vs Superman (still not officially titled).

Finally. This cant suck... been waiting for this for decades, since I first watched Super Friends on Saturday mornings.

I loved Man of Steel but it did have its choppy parts and the ending was overkill... Its on HBO now over and over and I like it more with each viewing.

It will be really interesting to see the Batman - Superman dynamic set up in B vs S and continue on into JL.

Just wish we didn't have to wait so long.

Finally. This cant suck... been waiting for this for decades, since I first watched Super Friends on Saturday mornings.

I loved Man of Steel but it did have its choppy parts and the ending was overkill... Its on HBO now over and over and I like it more with each viewing.

It will be really interesting to see the Batman - Superman dynamic set up in B vs S and continue on into JL.

Just wish we didn't have to wait so long.

Well it won't come out until 2017 but will film right after they are done shooting BvS so you should have a good 2.5 years of hype to hold you over.    It's already been 30 years, what's another 3?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived