Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MTV: 'Justice League' Rumors: Wonder Woman, The Flash To Join 'Batman vs. Superman' Plus Green Arrow, Batgirl, and Nightwing, are all rumored for "Man

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm seriously afraid I am going to not like this character(scares me more than Ben Affleck!) because from everything I'm seeing this girl is built like a underwear model.  Which is easy on the eyes but I am wishing for something closer to Linda Hamilton's Sarah Connor from T2. 

I will once again state how completely inferior a casting Gadot is to Alexandria Daddario. If they offered her the role and she said no I would understand, but until I read that somewhere I will remain disappointed.

Personally, I don't see a big difference between the two.

Neither one has the the typical Wonder Woman build 

Personally, I don't see a big difference between the two.

Neither one has the the typical Wonder Woman build

I see a big difference. Not sure how you could miss it. :)

All joking aside Gal Gadot works for just fine IMO. The real mistake was made in allowing Jesse Eisenburg play Lex Luther. Horrible decision.

The real mistake was made in allowing Jesse Eisenburg play Lex Luther. Horrible decision.

To be fair, casting complaints this early in the process, while fun, are just a mixed bag. I like Eisenberg the actor, not sure how he will do as Lex but until I see the vision, I won't make a big deal about it or say it's a mistake just yet

Bale, Ledger, Downey Jr, and tons of other casting choices were panned and turned out ok.

Marvel is more flawed... More human. DC really are a bunch of Gods and perfectly noble individuals. It makes it easier to identify with the Marvel character.

ESP when we compare the main characters. DC is a 1940's Golden Age bunch. Marvel is 1960's Silver aged crew.

I'm just excited Warners seems to be taking the "Harry Potter" approach to DC Comics Universe by having 6 or so movies all tied in together.   I think it's fantastic.   Does that mean we won't get another stand alone Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman solo projects?  Likely yes.   Did we need more of those?  Likely no.   

I like a 6 movie Justice League story, as long as it's awesome, of course.

There's something about DC that just never hooked me like Marvel. The only character I really enjoy is Batman. I'm not sure why, to be honest.

The DC heros are overpowered.  You need to rely on contrived gimmicks to create any drama for a hero like Superman, the Flash or Green Lantern.

That's why the best DC character is the Batman.

After watching Man of Steel, I don't know how anyone could be excited about a Zack Snyder film.  What a sprawling mess.  I don't expect Batman V Superman to be any different.  I hope I'm wrong.

And the original Superman film is one of my favorite films.  No matter how dated it might be, when Lois dies...it still hits the mark.  Ned Beatty kicks ass as well.

Richard Donner (director of the original Superman), is possibly one of the more underrated directors in history.  He did Superman, Lethal Weapon, The Goonies, and...The Toy.  That resume is damn impressive.

I also think the writing has really suffered in the reboots (Batman being the exception).  The original Superman was penned by Mario Puzo, who wrote The Godfather.

There's something about DC that just never hooked me like Marvel. The only character I really enjoy is Batman. I'm not sure why, to be honest.

Probably an age thing since you and I are pretty close in terms of age. I'm the same way. Even though Marvel goes back a ways, I've always viewed DC as more dated, with Batman being the exception. I do agree that the DC characters are more powerful.

I think part of it also goes back to the eras. You have a more rigid, serious, socially conservative 40's, vs the hip and revolutionary 60's and beyond. I think that comes out in the characters, as they have more depth/personality/humor, and flawed (like someone else said) characteristics that make them more intriguing.

Even Batman, I would think, was always meant to be a more guarded "Dark and brooding" character with a pole up his ass.

The DC heros are overpowered. You need to rely on contrived gimmicks to create any drama for a hero like Superman, the Flash or Green Lantern.

Apparently Arrow is pretty good for the same reasons. I watched the show for a few season and part of the fun is that he's not a step short of being a God like Superman or the horribly named Martian Manhunter. Overpowered is exactly right when it comes to those two, and others.

To be fair, casting complaints this early in the process, while fun, are just a mixed bag. I like Eisenberg the actor, not sure how he will do as Lex but until I see the vision, I won't make a big deal about it or say it's a mistake just yet

How can I phrase this....

Eisenberg doesn't seem capable of playing a threatening egomaniacal super villain. He's as threatening as a kitten.

The DC heros are overpowered.  You need to rely on contrived gimmicks to create any drama for a hero like Superman, the Flash or Green Lantern.

That wasn't a problem until now. We just live in a different era. Back in the 70's and 80's, Superman was THE man.

That wasn't a problem until now. We just live in a different era. Back in the 70's and 80's, Superman was THE man.

As I remember it, he was a cultural icon, but his comics were boring (although they were better than the contrived tripe of the 1960s, with Superman racing the Flash for charity and so on).   Superman in the 70s was really about the other characters, with Lois Lane going into the ghetto, or Jimmy Olsen undercover.  And then Superman showed up at the end.   Because nothing could threaten Superman. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://batman-news.com/2014/06/12/justice-league-is-coming-may-2017-warner-bros-dc-roadmap-revealed/

‘Justice League’ is coming May 2017, Warner Bros.’ DC movie roadmap revealed

According to a new report from Nikki Finke, Justice League will hit theaters just one year after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in May 2017. When theJustice League movie was officially announced, a May 2017 date was rumored and now it appears to be confirmed.

Finke also claims to have info on Warner Bros.’ DC Comics movie roadmap, which they plan to reveal next month at Comic-Con. In addition to a Justice League movie in 2017, Wonder Woman will be getting her own movie that summer as well. Superman will get his own solo movie again in May 2018. Here’s the alleged roadmap:

• May 2016 – Batman v Superman
  • July 2016 – Shazam
  • Xmas 2016 – Sandman
  • May 2017 – Justice League
  • July 2017 – Wonder Woman
  • Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
  • May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2

•  

That's a rough schedule for Wonder Woman. 2 movies 3 months?

Unconfirmed, but rumors are that they are shooting JL back to back with BvS so there would still be time to tackle WW next year. Promotion will be dizzying for her in those 6 months before WW comes out.

Any chance Neil Gaiman is involved in the Sandman movie?

Very very little is known about Sandman.  This news was all supposed to be revealed at the San Diego Comic-Con.  So perhaps they will release more info such as direction, which sandman, etc...

Most people seem to have jumped on the Rock as Shazam bandwagon though.

Unconfirmed, but rumors are that they are shooting JL back to back with BvS so there would still be time to tackle WW next year. Promotion will be dizzying for her in those 6 months before WW comes out.

I'm all in.  Lots of Gal Godot posters everywhere for me to perv on.

Archived