Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MTV: 'Justice League' Rumors: Wonder Woman, The Flash To Join 'Batman vs. Superman' Plus Green Arrow, Batgirl, and Nightwing, are all rumored for "Man

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I saw last night someone did a frame by frame of the trailer and there is 100% a glimpse of Harley Quinn on a table with Joker about to torture her. Here is a good article breaking everything down if you are so interested: http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/07/14/joker-torturing-harley-quinn-suicide-squad-official-trailer-breakdown-3381689?lt_source=external,manual

Must be the backstory they are going with instead of the falling in love with Joker backstory.

Batman is the only thing I have ever liked about DC comics.   

Perhaps this is the flick that will change all that.

As a kid and teen Batman was the only DC comic I really bought into. Doomsday piqued my interest with Superman very briefly, but that quickly waned. 

But, the past several years what has really gotten me more into DC universe, since I don't read comics anymore, are the animated movies they put out. They are typically very good. They had one not too long ago about the Suicide Squad and it was awesome. 

Arrow and Flash have been big reasons for me liking the DC universe more as well, and for many folks too, which is why I think it is incredibly stupid and inconsiderate that Justice League won't feature either of those TV actors. I am still not sold on Justice League at all, and for them to really find DC success that rivals Marvel, Justice League movie has to rival that first Avengers movie and I don't see that happening. Superman is a decent casting, and though I'm not crazy about Affleck in the role I can at least tolerate him. But the previews for Batman vs. Superman, there are parts that look too-CGI driven, which was a flaw of Snyder's Man of Steel. Wonder Woman doesn't look the part at all, nor does Luthor. 

In the end, I think DC's success with TV and animated movies will extend to smaller movies like Suicide Squad, but I think Justice League is going to end up like Man of Steel where it is ok, but it will split people on whether it is good or not, which means that ultimately it won't be good, not by the high standards set, and that's really going to hurt it when Infinity Guantlet starts up. But, they'll still get money from movie-goers so they'll make their movies, just highly doubtful they'll be as good as Marvel, plus the market may be getting over-saturated given the universe Marvel has been building and DC may have jumped on the train 2 years too late. 

Archived