Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MTV: 'Justice League' Rumors: Wonder Woman, The Flash To Join 'Batman vs. Superman' Plus Green Arrow, Batgirl, and Nightwing, are all rumored for "Man

BRAVEONAWARPATH

People just love to complain. Aquaman has been the butt of jokes for years and now they decide to give the character a much needed makeover and people still complain. Were you expecting the same old Aquaman with an Orange shirt and green tights?

People just love to complain. Aquaman has been the butt of jokes for years and now they decide to give the character a much needed makeover and people still complain. Were you expecting the same old Aquaman with an Orange shirt and green tights?

For the sake of comedy...yes.

I'm not complaining, mostly just curious to see how this character fits into the world. They obviously had to change him up, otherwise he's a complete joke.

For the sake of comedy...yes.

I'm not complaining, mostly just curious to see how this character fits into the world. They obviously had to change him up, otherwise he's a complete joke.

Honestly, they didn't change him up that much.

Aquaman has been the **** for years now.

I don't know if you read comics but your perception of him might be based on some of those old cartoons.

I heard they want him to be a rip off of the vintage late 60's early 70's subby from marvel, playing up the whole super-strong king (you can figure a bit of the conan-type style too for cred) thing and Atlantis being a world power with an advanced army etc...we'll see...

You can probably find a quote of mine from years ago where I said the moment they decide to go with Aquaman, they were going to swing for the fences, and try to make him as menacing as possible to compensate for how utterly ridiculous his character is

But he is menacing.

Or HAS been menacing for years.

The present day Aquaman is a real surly guy.

Perhaps. But you know their plans all along were to make this dude all King Leonidas like. Meanwhile he's finding Nemo, swimming with a school of tunafish

You can't get over the fish thing, can you? lol

Think about it.... we're dealing with a world where you have immortal amazons, aliens etc etc.

To me the King of Atlantis fits right in.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ooooooooooooooooooo lookin good

right after the announcement of affleck I defended the choice---i still bet i'm gonna be right 

as i've admitted here before, i thought he was good in DD and that it wasn't even as bad a comic book movie as most make it out to be

obviously i know i'm next to alone on that last

Superman would whoop Batman's ass.

You're using future tense. This has been played out numerous times in the DC Comics universe, and its basically a draw iirc.

Bruce Wayne is a smart, skilled detective/martial artist gazillionaire with exceptional knack for ingenuity. Even Superman is not gonna kick his ass.

You're using future tense. This has been played out numerous times in the DC Comics universe, and its basically a draw iirc.

Bruce Wayne is a smart, skilled detective/martial artist gazillionaire with exceptional knack for ingenuity. Even Superman is not gonna kick his ass.

It depends which Superman. The Superman who can fly fast enough to break the time barrier and bench lift entire solar systems would anhilate Batman. Heck, he could just fly into space, pick out a meteor the size of Gotham and hurl it at Wayne Manor (Supes knows Bruce's identity because of that pesky x-ray vision)

Now, if we go to the 1930's Superman who's merely stronger than a locomotive and faster than a speeding bullet, Bruce has a good chance to win.

Archived