Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MTV: 'Justice League' Rumors: Wonder Woman, The Flash To Join 'Batman vs. Superman' Plus Green Arrow, Batgirl, and Nightwing, are all rumored for "Man

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Luthor looks like such a puss

The Bat exosuit looks awesome though. Good to see that we'll be exploring an older, bit past his prime Batman.

Well, I'm of two minds on this one.  For one, I am still unconvinced by this Luthor, because I still see him as a captain of industry who commands respect, someone who looks like Mark Strong or something like that.  But as Mr. Glass/Elijah Price says to David Dunn, "in a comic you know how you know who the archvillain's going to be? he's the exact opposite of the hero!"

Maybe in a movie with two commanding masculine leads, they're going the Grima Wormtongue route and having the character physically exemplify the frailty and weakness of human beings (esp in relation to a demi-god like Kal El.)  I still feel like another actor could have done that but maybe I'm wrong.

I am looking forward to the movie for the first time in awhile, I had been dreading it.

In the trailer, you can finally see how silly all the "too much collateral damage!" complaints by (mostly) Marvel fanboys is, since the destruction is part of the story and how Superman is perceived by normal humans and other potential heroes and villains.

One line in the Suicide Squad trailer that intrigued me was the one talking about how Superman was a beacon for these beings to show up.

I'd like to see that concept fleshed out more.  They probably won't and I don't really have a big problem with it since it could raise a number of continuity concerns, but the idea that super villains only exist because of super heroes has been toyed around with a bit in comics over the years.  Like, what if Superman wasn't just the beacon, but the cause?  I mean, the man is basically a walking nuclear fusion reactor, the laws of physics just don't make any darn sense with respect to him.  What if that's because he causes anomalies in the universe around him that in turn alter certain individuals into metahumans (and the Zod+Kryptoterraformer made it worse), and that's what's creating all these random metahumans popping up?

But I'm cool with whatever at this point.  Both BvS and Suicide Squad look good so far.

ooooooooooooooooooo lookin good

right after the announcement of affleck I defended the choice---i still bet i'm gonna be right 

as i've admitted here before, i thought he was good in DD and that it wasn't even as bad a comic book movie as most make it out to be

obviously i know i'm next to alone on that last

I think Afleck is going to be good too. And did I see a glimpse of Zod's dead body in a bag there?

Agreed on all counts there. This movie looks good. I'm DD fan as well. :) It's quite the balance beam the writers,directors,and actors have to walk with these movies. Taking bits and pieces of the most popular versions of the comic book characters,(while staying a bit closer to the original characters in a few ways),combining them with their own versions of the characters and storylines,and then putting them into a modern setting and hoping a lot of people will like what they come up with.  2 very tough characters to do that with in Batman and Superman. 

I like the fact they are doing a young, new Superman with a veteran Batman. We also get a glimpse of the Jason Todd (assuming) Robin suit. I also know from rumors that will tie into the Suicide Squad movie and the separation of Joker and Harley Quinn. I am pretty excited to see them tie it all together. I think I am more interested in DC tying their universe together then what Marvel is doing I think.

The Zod body scene will probably be a Bruce Wayne "We don't kill" type thing.

Just want to add this as well one of my favorite college humor skits on Batman. https://youtu.be/1byycwl8qgc

The Zod body scene will probably be a Bruce Wayne "We don't kill" type thing.

Interesting note with this in mind. As originally written,Batman,(and to a certain degree Superman),was one brutal SOB when dealing with criminals. It wasn't always "We don't kill" with him. Though for the most part with the character,it has been. 

The Zod body is probably Luthor or Bruce researching it to learn more about Superman.

Batman doesn't kill but he will break every bone in your body to give you plenty of time to think about what you've done while you lay in a full body cast.

I've heard the scene shown of the Joker in SS could be

his torturing/killing Robin/Jason

but that seems like an important scene to show in the credits.

Would be devastating to see that on film.

The Zod body is probably Luthor or Bruce researching it to learn more about Superman.

Batman doesn't kill but he will break every bone in your body to give you plenty of time to think about what you've done while you lay in a full body cast.

Could be setting the stage for 

his return as Red Hood

his return as Red Hood

I think also from the vibe I got from the Dawn of Justice trailer, Bruce Wayne has hung up the cowl. If they do it right it will be because of flashback scenes in SS. Superman will then be Batman's reason to return.

his return as Red Hood

Which if they are going to set all that up, it makes sense that it would fall in line well with the Batman standalone movie being

Leto's Joker, Todd/Red Hood and Batman

which would be a nice take for live action film

It's a popular storyline and character so it would make sense to adapt

I am wondering how they're going to handle the universe now that Batman is a little older.  If he matches Affleck, and they're both 42 ("20 years in Gotham" which would actually place Superman in his mid-to-late-40s since I think in the comics he started at 27, but they might be using an altered timeline).  Superman is probably early 30s (matching actor).

The MCU has been going almost 8 years now, and will continue at least another 3-4.

Not that Affleck will age badly, but if the DCU is as expansive as the MCU, might push him into his early-to-mid 50s.  It will be interesting to see a more upper middle age Batman with what will likely be much younger heroes around him (Cavill 32, Gadot 30, Mamoa 35, etc. so they'll likely be in low 40s when the DCU is wrapping up, compared to low 50s for Affleck).

Of course, older Batman is still the dang Batman, they could honestly just handwave it if they wanted.

Also, on the Batman standalone film/SS Joker torture scene,

while a Red Hood movie would be cool, I feel like it might be a saturated storyline.  I'd still watch and it, and if well done it'd be awesome, but we have the 2005 comic, the 2010 animated movie, the recent (double spoiler tagging this)

new Arkham game

so the whole "who is this masked man!?" thing has kind of run its course.  Maybe.  They'd really have to do something different with it to make it fresh.

I'm really surprised "The red capes are coming!" line hasn't become an oversaturated meme already. There's something about the delivery of it that really bothered me.

I couldn't really tell what he said the first, oh, 8 times I heard it.

Heard:

- the red came suckling

- the red cape circling

- the red came circling

that last word does not sound like "coming" to me.

his torturing/killing Robin/Jason

I've been wondering if it's a flashback and that's Dr. Harleen Quinzel on the table.

Archived