Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MTV: 'Justice League' Rumors: Wonder Woman, The Flash To Join 'Batman vs. Superman' Plus Green Arrow, Batgirl, and Nightwing, are all rumored for "Man

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I didn't want to encourage going OT in the "Arrow" thread, so I'll post this in here:

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=854772&ocid=rr-tv-news

Don't blink: The first image from The CW's superhero project "The Flash" has been released, featuring Grant Gustinin costume as the titular speedy hero.

The costume was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, whose credits include "Alice in Wonderland," "Memoirs of a Geisha

" and "Chicago."

Also from TheWrap: 'The Game's' Candice Patton joins CW's 'The Flash' pilot

Based on DC Comics characters, "The Flash" -- which is being produced by Warner Bros. Television -- tells the story of scientist Barry Allen, who's transformed into the fastest man alive by a freak accident. "Arrow" team Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter are executive producing the pilot, with Berlanti and Kreisberg writing along with DC Entertainment chief creative officer Geoff Johns. Nutter is directing.

The pilot cast also includes Jesse L. Martin, Candice Patton, Carlos Valdes and Tom Cavanagh.

Production on the pilot begins this week.

I admit one of my many should-be-embarrassing "likes" includes being a fan of most of Smallville's run and cast. I think CW continues to show itself as a viable platform for decent to very good superhero series----with the inevitably added "teen/young 20's love/complicated relationships" stuffs now in most supernatural/superhero shows.

I've been watching Arrow since it's debut, and while there are expected hits and misses, overall I think they're doing pretty good work with it. Hopefully they can keep it up and expand.

Jesse Eisenberg.

I actuallly REALLY enjoyed Man of Steel and I won't deny I misted up at the end of the Dark Knight Rises. I don't like this direction so far for upcoming films. Jesse Eisenberg? The kid from ZOmbieland? Seriously? What about his acting indicates he has the range or the gravitas to play Luthor?

I was thinking Mark Strong for Luthor. He's almost exactly like the Luthor from Justice League cartoons, big, masculine, darker complected, etc.

Jesse Eisenberg?

lol

Amazing how, with the path to success clearly shown by Marvel, that DC can still find a way to screw up their own version of super heroes coming together. 

Affleck as Btman, Eisenberg as Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred, potentially The Rock as Green Lantern (assuming the black Green Lantern but Rock doesn't fit that personality type, even Wonder Woman casting is meh. 

This like when an NFL team gets a bunch of big stars in free agency and you can just tell it isn't going to work out. It's just names, no substance.

Marvel got Downey when he was a value-signing, not a huge name, same with Hemsworth and used their movies as feelers. Evans was a risk as Captain America but pulled it off well-enough, Rufalo was good for Hulk, Johansen for Black Widow, and Renner as Hawkeye. Loki was a good casting too. All of these people have good acting ability without being huge names. 

DC is just going for star power and that almost always fails in big-budget movies like these, especially when the director makes movies that fit the big-flash, no substance genre that the cast seems to support. Man of Steel was good, I liked it though it did get mixed reviews. I wouldn't say it was good enough to where I'd trust Snyder with the Batman v. Superman movie that will be the lead-in to Justice League.

If they were smart, all the money they are spending on this money and on the cast, they should have just thrown it at Nolan and convinced him to make this and Justice League movie and leave it all up to him, casting and everything. No matter what it will be compared to Dark Knight because that is the standard, and also compared to Avengers, Marvel's standard. So far I just don't see how they can measure up with the moves they're making. 

h300: Rise of an Empire hits theaters this Thursday and writer and producer Zack Snyder is doing the publicity rounds. Earlier today, we brought you his response to Joel Silver's recent comments about Snyder's big screen take on Alan Moore and David Gibbons' Watchmen. Now, Snyder has spoken with The LA Times, where he dropped a few details about the status of the much anticipated Batman vs. Superman.

"We’re getting ready to start shooting in a month or so," Snyder says. "It’s going great. I’m very excited... We were just testing the suits, right? The new Batsuit and the Superman suit. It wasn’t even with the actors, right? It was just to see ‘em. I was standing there, they were standing next to each other and I was like, 'Guys, someone take a picture! This has never happened before!'"

Snyder goes on to discuss the shared continuity of the 2016 release, hinting that the big screen release won't necessarily adhere to any specific comic book storylines. 

In 'Man of Steel,' we had to create an origin story," he continues, "a mythology. There’s a lot of energy into that, which we love doing. Don’t get me wrong. But when you think about how fun it is too — now that you’ve got these characters — to now let ‘em loose. That’s fun! ...[it] literally takes the 'Man of Steel' and 'Batman' universes and explodes them."

Set to feature the return of Man of Steel's Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne, Batman vs. Superman features Ben Affleck debuting as Batman/Bruce Wayne, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Although more names are expected to be confirmed in the near future, Snyder says that online comments are, to him, a mixed bag.

"We know the material," he promises. "Unfortunately, the fans don’t know the material. So, we’re casting according to what’s happening in the script. And we’re hoping that leads to enough originality, enough perspective on what we’re doing that you get something fresh and exciting. I understand the canon. I’m not crazy. I know what these characters need from a mythological standpoint."

Read more: Zack Snyder Talks Batman vs. Superman's Costumes, Casting and Continuity - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=115531#ixzz2v05tmXup 

I did like reading that Kevin Smith, noted comic book aficionado, hugged Snyder after seeing the Batsuit for the first time. Said it had never been done before.

That makes me think we're going to get a gray suit with the black gloves, boots and cape/cowl look which would be cool.

It's essentially been confirmed it's a gray suit.  But there will be no blue or purple in it.  Gray and black.   Short ears.   

Amazing how, with the path to success clearly shown by Marvel, that DC can still find a way to screw up their own version of super heroes coming together. 

Marvel got Downey when he was a value-signing, not a huge name, same with Hemsworth and used their movies as feelers. Evans was a risk as Captain America but pulled it off well-enough, Rufalo was good for Hulk, Johansen for Black Widow, and Renner as Hawkeye. Loki was a good casting too. All of these people have good acting ability without being huge names. 

I may be the only person on the planet that simply did not "feel" Mark Ruffalo as Banner. He doesn't come across as tortured or smart, which are the 2 characteristics that absolutely act as foundations of the character.

I find it a great shame that Edward Norton could not be talked into continuing that role. He was perfect. Eric Bana was ridiculous and Ruffalo just didn't seal it for me.

I just want to see Gal Godot in the smallest, tightest Wonder Woman suit that modern technology can create.  

She's been training with Snyder's "300" trainers.   She still looks skinny as hell.   She's got a little Portman in her in the right light.  I can see why you'd like her.

I think Alexandra Daddario fits the classic Wonder Woman look more than Gadot. And has proven more as an actress.

Predicto, the irony of our talks back in the day about women? My gf (probably wife eventually) is 5-0, 105 lbs and was a gymnast back in the day. I made sure that all the men in her family are tall (and her mom is tall too) before I thought about mating with her, though. Can't have shorties for sons.

But while she is definitely thin, she isn't bony and has a little shapely booty. I was getting accustomed to 5-11/6-1 women of varying sizes and shapes but I have confidence my girl is going to keep it together (and tight), in spite of her diminutive stature.

I think Alexandra Daddario fits the classic Wonder Woman look more than Gadot. And has proven more as an actress.

Predicto, the irony of our talks back in the day about women? My gf (probably wife eventually) is 5-0, 105 lbs and was a gymnast back in the day. I made sure that all the men in her family are tall (and her mom is tall too) before I thought about mating with her, though. Can't have shorties for sons.

But while she is definitely thin, she isn't bony and has a little shapely booty. I was getting accustomed to 5-11/6-1 women of varying sizes and shapes but I have confidence my girl is going to keep it together (and tight), in spite of her diminutive stature.

You are a wise man.   Being lean and being unhealthily skinny are not the same thing.   Lean is good, and it ages well.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm...Rock posted this today on Twitter.

Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Black Adam are my fav superheroes, but GL's already been made and stamped. #RockTalk

and now...

Myself & DC have agreed on a character.. extremely complex, well known (but never played) and a pure BAD ASS MF;) #RockTalk .

I actually came into this thread to post the exact same thing. Daddario is way hotter than Gadot and a better actress. I've been thinking about it ever since I saw her in True Detective, so much so that I'm sure to be disappointed in whatever performance Gadot provides.

Sorry, they should do better casting. 

I actually came into this thread to post the exact same thing. Daddario is way hotter than Gadot and a better actress. I've been thinking about it ever since I saw her in True Detective, so much so that I'm sure to be disappointed in whatever performance Gadot provides.

Yeah, that last sentence stands out. Sometimes you are so disappointed in the obvious choice NOT being selected that you can't help but be negative. I'm also highly skeptical that Gadot can deliver anything resembling range. The other aspect about Daddario is that her look is somewhat otherworldy, Gadot is beautiful but looks very typical of a "Mediterranean" type. Or to put it another way, if Lynda Carter is your thing, Daddario is much closer to that sort of unique set of phenotypic characteristics.

But I could wax poetical about Daddario for awhile. She even has an awesome name with two Ds for a double dose of...well....

One of the finest women overall I've ever seen (few are as pretty that can also pair that physique.)

Yeah, that last sentence stands out. Sometimes you are so disappointed in the obvious choice NOT being selected that you can't help but be negative. I'm also highly skeptical that Gadot can deliver anything resembling range. The other aspect about Daddario is that her look is somewhat otherworldy, Gadot is beautiful but looks very typical of a "Mediterranean" type. Or to put it another way, if Lynda Carter is your thing, Daddario is much closer to that sort of unique set of phenotypic characteristics.

Technically, Wonder Woman is "Mediterranean".

Technically, Wonder Woman is "Mediterranean".

I know. My names and my grandfather's people are Greek. I'm saying that I find Gadot's look, while beautiful, to be somewhat more standard or stereotypical for the region but not the only look. There are plenty of Greek myths that describe blondes or blue-eyed people and I think that Daddario (part-Mediterranean herself) exemplifies that a bit more.

Hmmm...Rock posted this today on Twitter.

Green Lantern (John Stewart) and Black Adam are my fav superheroes, but GL's already been made and stamped. #RockTalk

and now...

Myself & DC have agreed on a character.. extremely complex, well known (but never played) and a pure BAD ASS MF;) #RockTalk .

Makes me think he'll be Cyborg. If so, that's actually a good role for him.

Actually, what I liked about Marvel's approach was that they gave each hero their moment to shine and their own movie before bringing them together.  Thor and Iron Man are even arguably tier two heroes that were never the most popular, especially Iron Man, and yet because of the movies, Iron Man became a huge character.  I guess they tried this to a degree having already put out a Superman, Batman, and Green Lantern, but there probably should have been a Wonder Woman, a Flash, maybe even a Dr. Fate or the Atom.

DC's Justice League will bring together characters that we either met using different actors or characters that we never met which means that they will require an introduction or be lost in the soup.  Heck, I think they may have even been better off doing just Batman and Superman if they wanted a team-up and hinted at the others.

Archived