Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FA: *TJAX*Davis, Clingan, RJ, McCoy, DJ, RC, McGlynn, EJ, Moore, Jordan, BMeri, Rogers, Hatcher, Geathers, Sharpton, Porter, Hayward, Lauvao, Roberts

DC9

Only problem with google translate is that sometimes it takes things quite literally and doesn't fix the order of operations. 

What?!  You mean a word for word translation doesn't always give the correct meaning?   :o 

Preposterous!  :P

I am kind of a details nerd, so that kind of thing sounds awesome.

I on the other hand HATE x's and o's talk. It quite literally bores the living piss out of me. I know what I'm watching and what I'm looking for concept wise, but I hate hate HATE getting technical and high brow over it. 

So it might be a few days as I started and stopped quickly earlier.  :lol:

Hail. 

We carried 5 SAF last year to start out ... Rambo/Merriweather/Thomas/Doughty/Gumbs

I think we are due one more SS and one more FS, whether that's through the draft or what.

I think signing Clark doesn't preclude us to avoiding the position in the draft. If Jimmie Ward or Deone Buchannon is there at 66, and especially if we trade back and get an extra 3rd and 4th, I could see us going with them there.

Yes and both Merriweather and Doughty are currently Free Agents.  That's why i said I think we potentially need two, one of which should be close to starter caliber the other could just be depth.  

I like our chances at signing Penn.

Told you guys earlier Merriweather was the back up plan for Clark.

Which is just one more reason I was really hoping Clark would still sign. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to stomach Meriweather in a Skins uniform again. So if Meriweather signs does that mean we'll rescind our offer to Clark? Or would they still keep the offer out there to Clark and if he signed Meriweather would have to earn his way on to the team?

As one of those "possibly-overdoing-it-but-****-you-Sean-was-my-favorite-player-ever" fans, a HUGE **** you to the fake ones who would invoke his name to get a ****ing football player signed.

Pathetic.

It's disgusting really. I can't understand what would go through someone's head and pass the test that typing something like that to a football player or person they don't even know would be anywhere close to appropriate.

Walter Football actually has a run on SAF in the 2nd ... Buchannon, Ward ... then guys like Ed Reynolds, Terrance Brooks and Craig Loston ... all tabbed by Drafttek as 4th/5th rounders going in the early 3rd. So I guess it's 100% dependent on how the draft unfolds ... but I'm inclined to think it could go like last year when you had a lot of the top SAF falling down the board ... to a point where the Skins got Phil Thomas in the 4th and Bacarri Rambo in the 2nd ... both guys people were penciling in as 2nd and 3rd rounders leading up to the draft. And 2 months out, who really knows. 

walter is an idiot, that other guy that does mocks on that site is way better.

Can't help but think that, if Ryan Clark doesn't sign, our safeties to start the year will be B Meriweather and T Jackson (no reason to think he won't be reinstated in time for OTAs, given they brought Browner and others back.... how long are they going to make this guy fry?)

As long as we get D Penn and O Daniels (probably have to cut Chester to do it), I'm fine with this plan.

Meriweather is a good player when he doesn't go squirly, and Jackson is worth a shot to try to get a player on the cheap.

Only so much money to go around.

Would rather have a strong OL and pass rush vs. a safety at a high price. Not a huge priority at this point - plus we need to know what P Thomas and B Rambo can do. Also don't want to sink resources into the position if D Hall is moving there in a year.

Bandaid it now, improve the foundation, see what you have and then make decisions on safety next year.

As long as we get D Penn and O Daniels (probably have to cut Chester to do it), I'm fine with this plan.

Doubt it ... they've got enough space right now to sign 3-4 more guys. At some point they may need to cut down ... but at that point Chester/Golston/Polumbus would be the likely candidates and they will save you about $6m combined. Then you save on a restructure from Bowen ... I just can't see him coming to camp with a $7m salary this year and an $8m salary next year as a backup.

Wow.  Would Montgomery have botched that snap in the Superbowl?

He has had some rainbows and some short stuff, but I don't recall any over the head snaps that weren't a team effort.

No telling what he'd do on the world's biggest stage, though.

For me his biggest problem with snaps are they have/had no speed.

walter is an idiot, that other guy that does mocks on that site is way better.

Well Campbell has Jimmie Ward at 82 and Deone Buchannon at 86 ... so mid-to-late 3rd. 

Honestly you really can't count on the draft to pan out as you expect it to. There are always surprises. But the good news is we pick 2nd overall on the 2nd day ... so we will know pretty well where we stand when we pick at 34. Of course, 8 guys we all peg to be "great options" for us could all be there and we could take some one no one has heard of ... but at least we control our destiny at that point. I have to imagine Bruce will be on the phone all night working a trade. Might even be to move back 1 spot with Oakland for them to move up for a QB if they're afraid someone will leapfrog them to get who they want. I'd drop from 34 to 35 and take a 4th from Oakland any day!

Oh, Cleveland, you want to trade up for Derek Carr? Well Oakland has offered us their 4th ... so it's going to take at least a 4th and a 5th to move down 2 instead of 1 ;)

Given that he's never played FS in his life, it's out of position. I respect Mike Mayock as well, but just because he says it's a good idea, doesn't make it so. We've not heard anything out of Redskins Park that indicated they agreed with Mayock's assessment. 

Amerson was recruited out of Dudley High School as a safety. When he came to NC State we already had a starting free safety (Earl Wolff, starter for the Eggles) established, so he was put at Corner. 

I think we actually need to resign two safeties... at least one for depth if I'm not mistaken.

well, we have Thomas, Rambo, Gumbs and Richardson signed, so much as I like Doughty that might be all we need for depth

Yep resigning Brandon Meriweather really has very little to do with Ryan Clark since they play different Safety positions.

Tk indicated bm was a sort of backup plan to Clark.

How that pertains to their positions and our plans for them, I don't know. But that's the word.

well, we have Thomas, Rambo, Gumbs and Richardson signed, so much as I like Doughty that might be all we need for depth

Depth for training camp, fine ... but Richardson can't be on the final 53. There's a case to be made that Gumbs shouldn't either. But irregardless, you need at least 2 safeties on the final roster that are not on the roster right now. Sign Clark/Meriweather/Doughty then fine ... but until then I'm moving forward under the assumption that we'll likely sign one of them and draft a guy

Tk indicated bm was a sort of backup plan to Clark.

How that pertains to their positions and our plans for them, I don't know. But that's the word.

The only way that can be true is if we are to assume Merriweather is moving to FS, which i highly doubt. 

Archived