Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

1 hour ago, ShredSkins said:

And what happened to Skull & Bones. That looked promising 

Slated for 2021 (after what feels like 5 years ago when it was first teased).

A few points though:

There's a heavy multiplayer theme with this one. There's a story. But with multiplayer lurking in any title that tries to pander to two different audiences,  expect multiplayer to be the dominant feature.

You can't leave your ship. So if you were expecting some grandiose Black Sails kind of land and seafaring pirate narrative, you will be let down. It seems to be purely naval warfare.

This is an Unisoft title. So expect similar playstyle to the Assassin's Creed naval mechanics, designs, physics, etc. Dont expect anything groundbreaking... Expect. Black Flag, just minus the Assassin's,  and again, any kind of noteworthy land interaction. Period.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You can't leave your ship. So if you were expecting some grandiose Black Sails kind of land and seafaring pirate narrative, you will be let down. It seems to be purely naval warfare.

This is an Unisoft title. So expect similar playstyle to the Assassin's Creed naval mechanics, designs, physics, etc. Dont expect anything groundbreaking... Expect. Black Flag, just minus the Assassin's,  and again, any kind of noteworthy land interaction. Period.

This pretty much kills any enthusiasm i had for that game. I was hoping for essentially everything black flag gave me (minus the assassin stuff) just taken up another notch. Pirate coves, hideouts, treasure islands, and adventures on land with high seas naval battles. 

again, WTF ubisoft. 

Hey how is someone supposed to climb towers and unlock their map if they can't leave the boat. We know they can't make a game without that mechanic. 

(actually don't mind that mechanic. Spider-man and Horizon: Zero Dawn use it and i'm fine with it. Especially the way HZD uses it)

I ordered Divinity Original Sin 2 (DOS2) thinking it would take a couple weeks to get here, they said Saturday...it came today. Luckily, I have time to play this game and really sit down with it.

On a different note, I was disappointed with the lack of an instruction manual. I know that not having an instruction manual is more common than uncommon these days, but I miss that inclusion. I miss excitedly reading the manual on the toilet before playing and I miss shoving that booklet into my face and smelling it. I still have Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, have you seen that manual? Its almost 200 pages and it comes with a reference card. I don't expect to have a novel of an instruction manual...I just miss the old days. 

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This pretty much kills any enthusiasm i had for that game. I was hoping for essentially everything black flag gave me (minus the assassin stuff) just taken up another notch. Pirate coves, hideouts, treasure islands, and adventures on land with high seas naval battles. 

again, WTF ubisoft. 

Hey how is someone supposed to climb towers and unlock their map if they can't leave the boat. We know they can't make a game without that mechanic. 

(actually don't mind that mechanic. Spider-man and Horizon: Zero Dawn use it and i'm fine with it. Especially the way HZD uses it)

I went flaccid as soon as I found out Ubi was behind it.

I mean, its been nearly a decade since ACIII's first naval missions, and pretty much every major release has had some form of naval warfare since, save for Unity and Syndicate. It's old, its played out, and the latest iterations that replace cannons and chain shots with arrows and spears is simply a cash grab. It stopped being fun awhile ago. 

9 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I ordered Divinity Original Sin 2 (DOS2) thinking it would take a couple weeks to get here, they said Saturday...it came today. Luckily, I have time to play this game and really sit down with it.

On a different note, I was disappointed with the lack of an instruction manual. I know that not having an instruction manual is more common than uncommon these days, but I miss that inclusion. I miss excitedly reading the manual on the toilet before playing and I miss shoving that booklet into my face and smelling it. I still have Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn, have you seen that manual? Its almost 200 pages and it comes with a reference card. I don't expect to have a novel of an instruction manual...I just miss the old days. 

Opening the box on the car ride home from the game store and smelling the manual then reading it... ah, memories of youth.

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sounds like Sea of Thieves.

Disclaimer..never played it but it had a very loyal fanbase.

none of the gameplay videos I’ve watched make that seem like something I’m interested in. It’s too cartoony and silly plus I think it’s multiplayer only. Want a serious, graphic single player pirate game

Damnit Ubisoft. I am actually kind of excited for AC: Valhalla. Do I want to play as a Viking warrior in large-scale epic raids while blasting the sweet tunes of Viking themed metal band Amon Amarth? You bet.

Please put some interesting mechanics in the game, I know you can do it.

8 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Damnit Ubisoft. I am actually kind of excited for AC: Valhalla. Do I want to play as a Viking warrior in large-scale epic raids while blasting the sweet tunes of Viking themed metal band Amon Amarth? You bet.

Dammit, they got you too? 😔

10 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Don't leave out the original Viking, who's name actually means "Little Viking"?

Gotta rock the Yngwie Malmsteen while sacking villages in your long-boats ensuring your place in Valhalla.

I'm moving at the end of May, I'm technically breaking my lease, so I need to find someone to move in and take my place or I'm on the hook the month I won't be living here. I was supposed to go back to work on the 11th, I think I'll push that back until the 18th. This town house is pretty filthy, two guys, two dogs and no one cleaning. I've put up ads, but I've basically ignored them and haven't even come close to showing this place off to anyone. So much at stake, so little work done...what is my problem?

Divinity: Original Sin II is just too good! I had to knock the difficulty down a notch below normal (apparently "easy" is actually "normal"), but I love this game! Once I get the hang of it a little better (its a lot to take in), I'll put the difficulty back to normal. I hate messing with the difficulty, especially putting it on easy, but I wouldn't have any fun dying non stop.

Just started it last night (and only played about an hour) but Ori and the Will of the Wisps might be one of the better pieces of art (visually) in video game history.

Its free on Gamepass and I'd definitely recommend checking it out if you like metroid like platformers.

12 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

here is another one, Scorn. Kinda looks like Prometheus 

404 - gameplay not found.

The only game that looked "next gen" in that whole presentation was Bright Memory Infinite.

And I don't believe that is running in real time on X1XSX hardware at all.  It's either running on some super duper powerful PC or it's completely pre-rendered.  Either way it's 100% a bullshot.

It looks WWWAAAYYYY too much better than anything else they showed.  Like it's not even in the same ballpark.  On top of that, the game is already available, right now, on PC in early access, and it looks nowhere near as good graphically.

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Just started it last night (and only played about an hour) but Ori and the Will of the Wisps might be one of the better pieces of art (visually) in video game history.

Its free on Gamepass and I'd definitely recommend checking it out if you like metroid like platformers.

This is what I have been trying to spread to everybody.  It's definitely one of my favorite games of this generation.  Not only is it fantastic visually, but the music and sound in the game is unreal as well.

Just about to finish up Spiderman.  It is a very solid game that checks all of the boxes for an open world beat'em up.  Not super memorable or flashy, but gets the job done a a pretty high level, with an occasional spectacular moment .   It is the Anthony Rendon of video games. 

Archived