Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I've never been a big shooter game fan (unless you want to go way back and play Wolfenstein 3D or Doom), so I'll have to contemplate that one.

As for NCAA- I wouldn't even mind getting an older game, but based on my limited research, the last edition came out in 2013 for XBox 360, and it doesn't run one XBox One 😕

6 minutes ago, wrilbo67 said:

I've never been a big shooter game fan (unless you want to go way back and play Wolfenstein 3D or Doom)

😁

A friendly suggestion to get your feet wet. There are recent sequels to both, but you should be able to nab these on the cheap. Top notch, both of them.

IIRC XBone became backwards compatible with 360, so you should be able to play every NCAA game on that platform, and just plug it into the One ( I think ).

@wrilbo67My bad, I think the One X is the version that's backwards compatible.  So you're right. Tough sledding. 2K Bball and MLB The Show are pretty solid, and their more arcade-ish counterparts NBA Playgrounds and SuperMega Baseball are fun as well.

Tekken, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter have been the preeminent fighting games of the last generation. Soul Calibur Injustice are cool too. Forza was the best racing game, but I really can't comment on that one since I haven't done racing in awhile.

There's all kinds of cool heavy narrative/interactive games, headed by 3 companies that I know of (Telltale Games, Qyantic Dream, and Supermassive) . TT went under , but the games should still be out there. Think of your own virtual world, where you guide a character through the game, making all sorts of actions and dialog choices that affect the overall outcome. Pretty fun.

Theres so much stuff that's come out the last generation, it's really hard to even quantify in a few paragraphs even. Just let us know exactly what you're looking for, and we can try to hook you up.

9 hours ago, wrilbo67 said:

As for NCAA- I wouldn't even mind getting an older game, but based on my limited research, the last edition came out in 2013 for XBox 360, and it doesn't run one XBox One 😕

NCAA14 is the last football game and it still has updated rosters you can port in. 

It's not backwards compatible at all (I believe).

It will also cost you upwards of $50 + to get a used copy these days (unless you luck out and find it at Goodwill).

I'm enjoying getting my feet wet.  A few of the games I ordered are still on the way to me, but my nephew is absolutely ecstatic that we can play NBA 2k19 together.  Today we played as Kobe and Shaq on the 2000-01 Lakers and lost to the all-time Wizards team.  I got dunked on by Wed Unseld too- it was amazing.

Also loving some random old tales- original Doom and Wolfenstein 3D were available for $5 apiece so those were no brainers.  They've also adapted the old King's Quest series to XBox.  I used to LOVE those games on the PC. Still setting up my NHL team :D  And my niece and nephew love some silly racing game- Joy Ride Turbo

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

NCAA14 is the last football game and it still has updated rosters you can port in. 

It's not backwards compatible at all (I believe).

It will also cost you upwards of $50 + to get a used copy these days (unless you luck out and find it at Goodwill).

Seriously- I looked on eBay and the prices were absurd.  The last NCAA game I had was ~07 on my PS2

Holy **** Ghost of Tshumia looks incredible.  I am glad they have Japanese dialog with subtitles.  That is 100% going to be the way I play it for that authentic feel.  Nothing I hate more than dubbing or when movies/games take place in other countries and they speak english.  Not sure if anyone watched Tyrant on FX before it got canned after 3 seasons, but it was so lame how they were over in the middle east speaking english with fake accents.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dub is the Devil (except for DBZ).

Just wanna take this time to let you know that in the My Hero dub All Might has the same voice actor as Piccolo and it’s ****ing epic. I fee like Gohan all over again (the young talented one not the adult let down version) 

18 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Ghost of Tsushima looks pretty incredible but the stealth gameplay looked bad in the demo. Like dude's 1 feet away from you can't detect you? Hopefully they're just showing off the game at the easiest setting.

As we get closer to release, I expect we'll get an explanation.  The system is probably reliant on stuff like armor, darkness/moonlight, line of sight, etc.

I think if you are doing everything right, no one should be able to see or hear you (past a certain point) with that playstyle (and the necessary skills acquired), unless they are a boss level character.

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

What'd I miss?

Microsoft bragged about showing off gameplay footage of the new system. It was all cutscenes, no actual gameplay. Sony comes out, shows their gameplay footage and blows everyone away.

23 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Microsoft bragged about showing off gameplay footage of the new system. It was all cutscenes, no actual gameplay. Sony comes out, shows their gameplay footage and blows everyone away.

I'd be shocked if X didnt still have the graphics edge, but at any rate, I'm more for single player type games. Sony is where I'm throwing my money.

Just put down $$ for a 1tb Slim after my standard PS4 started having overheating issues. Then it red lighted this morning. That is a wrap.

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Puck Man made his debut in Japan 40 years ago today.

He'd be renamed (Pac-Man) and come to the US a few months later. Can't tell you how many quarters a 6 year old me put in this game at the table top video game console one at the Pizza Hut in Ronceverte, WV. 

Wonder how much one of those bad boys would go for today. Probably would start it at what... $50k?

16 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Sony hasn't shown anything, yet. Epic Games showed a tech demo, not an actual game...running on a PS5 dev kit. At the very least, Microsoft showed games that would be available on the Xbox Series X. 

8 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Sony hasn't shown anything, yet. Epic Games showed a tech demo, not an actual game...running on a PS5 dev kit. At the very least, Microsoft showed games that would be available on the Xbox Series X. 

So why is everyone freaking out? This is why I tend to wait until the console is actually out to form an opinion.

10 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So why is everyone freaking out? This is why I tend to wait until the console is actually out to form an opinion.

People are freaking out because Microsoft gave the impression you'd be seeing a full hour long show of Xbox Series X gameplay. Instead, what people got was a series of trailers that had snippets of gameplay edited into them, and no true indication the gameplay was running on an actual Xbox Series X. The outrage was justified in my opinion. But at least they did show actual games that will be out on that console later this year/next year. 

I was mostly replying to the Sony part. They had nothing to do with that tech demo. It was all Epic, trying to market their new game engine that they claim can do photorealistic visuals with lower resolutions and less development time and manpower needed. Considering how the majority of the games industry uses Unreal Engine 4 to create their games, Unreal Engine 5 looking that good and being forwards compatible is a big deal. 

Anyway, Sony is rumored to have a June 4th even where they will show PS5 gameplay. There is also a rumors that Microsoft will have a hardware and services event on June 9th, and a confirmed event in July where Microsoft will show games from their 15 studios. So we're going to get the chance to see a lot from both real soon. 

So apparently 2k Sports has partnered with the NFL to release some football titles.

Could it really be happening? Could I really be buying a football game for the first time since 2007?!

EA's time about to be over.

Edit, nevermind, it'll be non simulation

https://awfulannouncing.com/gaming/2k-games-regains-nfl-license-video-games-no-madden-competitor.html

:hitfan:

Archived