Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Damn I need to go full on Survival with HZD (now HZD1?)

I'm playing on Iltra Hard, and I'm burning through a lot of my inventory taking down all these goddamn Metal Gear decepticons. Should probably run, hide and only engage the smaller raptor/cattle like ones,  or else I'm not gonna have **** for when it's time to fight the story driven ones

Goddamn these things turn into friggin fighter jets too?

Man playing HZD for the first time was amazing. They made hunting with a bow and arrow feel so damn good. 

Put me down as loving the gameplay of TLOU 1. I just finished replaying the game and had a great time. Playing as Ellie was the best part, just rushing cannibals, throwing bottles into their faces, and stabbing them over and over again. Then ducking and running into the cover of snow, and circling back around to pick them off, one by one. 

Its good tension and I’m looking forward to more of it this coming Friday. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Damn I need to go full on Survival with HZD (now HZD1?)

Its actually Horizon: Zero Dawn and the next one will be Horizon 2: Forbidden West. So Horizon is the actual name. Which will make sense once you get thru this one. HZD and HFW I guess?

I'm playing on Iltra Hard, and I'm burning through a lot of my inventory taking down all these goddamn Metal Gear decepticons. Should probably run, hide and only engage the smaller raptor/cattle like ones,  or else I'm not gonna have **** for when it's time to fight the story driven ones

Goddamn these things turn into friggin fighter jets too?

Starting on UH is a flex man. That’s brutal. But once you upgrade your weapons it’ll get easier. My favorite part of the game is probably just stalking the robots and learning the best strategies to beat each one. I have 1-2 go to strategies for each and depending on how the fight goes I’ll fall back to an option 3 where I either spam sling bombs or option 4, run tf away. 

big tip for UH is to take advantage of the corruption arrows as well as the dual and triple notch arrow skills. The corruption arrows let you sneak up on groups and pit them against each other. Then you just clean up the scraps and rack up resources without using a ton to take them down. Some places are damn near impossible without doing this. 

Yeah things got a little bit easier now that I had enough dough to get the Nora shadow bow and rope caster to take down all that crap immediately outside the gates toward Merdian. Problem is I blew my wad getting there after fighting thru all the damn Sawtooths.

I'm down to nothing, craft wise. Currently on the mission where you have to locate the Sun People (forgot their actual name already) squad lost on the trail ("In Foreign Lands")

I generally always go for the hardest or second t ok hardest level if the combat doesn't feel foreign to me. I'm at Lvl 20.

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Its actually Horizon: Zero Dawn and the next one will be Horizon 2: Forbidden West. So Horizon is the actual name. Which will make sense once you get thru this one. HZD and HFW I guess?

This is literally the only title on  the PS5 that I'm genuinely excited about. That's why I'm going to hold off on the PS5 for a little while (probably until the new Elder Scrolls game comes out). 

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah things got a little bit easier now that I had enough dough to get the Nora shadow bow and rope caster to take down all that crap immediately outside the gates toward Merdian. Problem is I blew my wad getting there after fighting thru all the damn Sawtooths.

I'm down to nothing, craft wise. Currently on the mission where you have to locate the Sun People (forgot their actual name already) squad lost on the trail ("In Foreign Lands")

I generally always go for the hardest or second t ok hardest level if the combat doesn't feel foreign to me. I'm at Lvl 20.

have you done the hunters lodge? That’s the ticket to some excellent gear

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man, this felt like a endgame boss, and not a you just kinda started the story boss.

Wait until you get to the point where you can damn near one shot those things. Fully upgraded and learning the exact weakness and combo to capitalize on. Such a great feeling 

Do you use tear arrows? They are invaluable to knocking off protective gear and weapons off enemies too, some of which you can pick up and use against them. 

Nope haven't gotten any of that stuff yet. Probably why everything has been such a pain in the ass.

you can get some of the best weapons free from the hunters lodge in meridian if you can bring in full suns from the hunting grounds throughout the world. It

They do more damage and have the most mod slots (outside of the frozen wilds dlc) 

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Ah, good look. It does seem like a lot of the merchant items are kinda crappy, save for the Nora Heavy outfit and the shadow weapons 

I keep the heavy stealth outfit as my main with stealth mods applied. Really helps you Go throughout the world silently and let’s you sneak up on enemies and override them or corrupt them so they can fight for you. Then I’ll switch to protector or survival if I’m going to need to be in the fight depending on what damage the enemy does. 

shadow/purple weapons are the best aside from what you get at the hunting lodge. Just make sure the mods match what you need to do. Freezing enemies is great way to multiply damage especially if they are frozen and You’re aiming at their weak spots. I go full damage on the bow with the hard point arrows as my main weapon and same for the trip caster and blast sling. You can make the tripcaster blast wire really powerful With damage mods. 

I usually keep the bow with hardpoint arrows, the bow with tear (sharpshot i think), the ropecaster and the tripcaster as my main 4. Tripcaster is great at thinning the crowd of watchers and other smaller robots while you focus on the bigger ones. Ropecaster is clutch for holding enemies down letting you gather yourself or have a second to tear off some of their weapons, vital components, or weak point protections off. 

and in UH I kept the bow with the freeze, electric and corruption arrows up a lot mostly just to use corruption arrows constantly. 

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You're going to be holding out for a long time. 4 years, at minimum. We are talking probably the last couple years of the incoming gen

Which is a great strategy. Devs will take a while to take advantage of the PS5's full potential, just as was the case with the PS4. Do you ever play

Knack on the PS4? How about Dragon Age: Inquisiton? Or Killzone: Shadow Fall? Of course not. Those were all first gen PS4 launch games and they

were rendered obsolete in a couple of years time. Same thing will happen with the PS5. Best move is just to sit back and wait.

I tried playing Inquisition. Those mountainous work orders sent me running for the hills

I don't think it's a good idea to wait well over a decade for the next installment in a gaming franchise, for a company that is taking it on the chin as of late, after teasing it what feels like 10 years ago now.

Bethesda will never maximize anything, graphically. And I dont think that's why they are waiting. Starfield is supposedly a big deal, and for how long it's taken them for both projects, it sure as hell better be.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I tried playing Inquisition. Those mountainous work orders sent me running for the hills

I don't think it's a good idea to wait well over a decade for the next installment in a gaming franchise, for a company that is taking it on the chin as of late, after teasing it what feels like 10 years ago now.

Bethesda will never maximize anything, graphically. And I dont think that's why they are waiting. Starfield is supposedly a big deal, and for how long it's taken them for both projects, it sure as hell better be.

Bethesda is out of ideas, they will be dead in five years. Its no different than EA and Anthem, they're too busy trying to copy everyone else to make anything worthwhile anymore. Anthem was supposed to be the "Destiny Killer", too bad Anthem sucked and came out 5 years after Destiny. Bethesda isn't even lazy enough to steal other developer's good ideas, they just take everything out and make a vanilla, ass game.

12 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Bethesda is out of ideas, they will be dead in five years. Its no different than EA and Anthem, they're too busy trying to copy everyone else to make anything worthwhile anymore. Anthem was supposed to be the "Destiny Killer", too bad Anthem sucked and came out 5 years after Destiny. Bethesda isn't even lazy enough to steal other developer's good ideas, they just take everything out and make a vanilla, ass game.

bethesda will be fine because as long as they churn out 1 elder scrolls And 1 fallout game every console generation, they’ll have something for their fans. They don’t have to revolutionary. We all know what to expect. Then each of those games will be ported onto 152 other consoles and keep money coming in until the next game 

its weird because Oblivion is one of my favorite games ever but I couldn’t get into FO4 or Skyrim at all. 

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

bethesda will be fine because as long as they churn out 1 elder scrolls And 1 fallout game every console generation, they’ll have something for their fans. They don’t have to revolutionary. We all know what to expect. Then each of those games will be ported onto 152 other consoles and keep money coming in until the next game 

its weird because Oblivion is one of my favorite games ever but I couldn’t get into FO4 or Skyrim at all. 

The last brand new game that i paid full price for was "Gun" on the GameCube...that was a long time ago. I don't want to pay $60 for a new game for many reasons, even if the game is worth it, I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a game.

I say this because Fallout 4 was given to me for free, I put about 20 hours into it before I got bored and never picked it up again. I loved F3 and New Vegas is probably in my top 10, but F4 was a shadow of those previous games. Stripped of any meaningful choice, replaced with bare bone RPG elements and stuffed full of never ending  fetch quests. Let me just get to the point, The Outer Worlds destroys Fallout 4 in everyway imaginable. I got it on sale for $35 (I still don't spend that much on games...normally) and I've never regretted a dime or a minute with this game. People already call it the "Fallout Killer", if Bethesda releases anything less than The Outer Worlds, I don't see people flocking to Fallout anymore.

On a different note, I still have Morrowind installed on my computer. The game has aged horribly, but it can't be denied that it is an amazing game. Almost 20 years later and people still speak fondly of it's ambition and accomplishments. I made it to level 60 in Skyrim before my computer crashed and erased my save files, I was stuck with the choice of playing again or leaving it...I left it. Skyrim is just as boring and soulless as F4. Once a "Skyrim Killer" comes around, those old tricks that Bethesda uses won't be viable anymore.

Oblivion is superior to Skyrim in every way, except for the just ****ing horrendous graphics.

Skyrim also cheapens a bit when you finally admit to yourself that the Nords/Stormcloaks are basically white nationalists, forcing you to want to crush them, in favor of the dull and boring Imperials.

The dragon fights made that game. And the archery. ****ing sexual archery 

In saying all that, I still probably warrant restraining from giving that game another 100 hours of my life.

#VampiressElectromancer 🤟

Co-sign on all that, Sin. I just replayed Skyrim, and as a dark elf (I mean, natural fire resistance in a dragon-rich game, come on) the Nords are just racist af.

But my appetite wasn't completely sated, so now I'm replaying Far Cry 5. I could swear that they put some more people of color in the cult than the first time I played. Kinda gets in the way of my "smash the alt right" vibe.

Oblivion is superior to Skyrim in every way, except for the just ****ing horrendous graphics.

Skyrim also cheapens a bit when you finally admit to yourself that the Nords/Stormcloaks are basically white nationalists, forcing you to want to crush them, in favor of the dull and boring Imperials.

The dragon fights made that game. And the archery. ****ing sexual archery 

In saying all that, I still probably warrant restraining from giving that game another 100 hours of my life.

#VampiressElectromancer 🤟

I enjoyed Oblivion a lot, its the only ES game where I've had all of the expansions and actually played them. I remember making a point of playing Oblivion before Skyrim, I thought if I played Skyrim I would never go back to the older titles. I was so, so very wrong. If Bethesda had kept all of the spells from Morrowind...Oblivion would probably take the number one spot. I didn't like the grass in Oblivion though...it looked fine, but made looking for the enemies you just killed a bit tougher than it should be.

22 minutes ago, JCB said:

Co-sign on all that, Sin. I just replayed Skyrim, and as a dark elf (I mean, natural fire resistance in a dragon-rich game, come on) the Nords are just racist af.

But my appetite wasn't completely sated, so now I'm replaying Far Cry 5. I could swear that they put some more people of color in the cult than the first time I played. Kinda gets in the way of my "smash the alt right" vibe.

No need to pretend, Wolfenstein has got you covered.

Archived