Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

bethesda will be fine because as long as they churn out 1 elder scrolls And 1 fallout game every console generation, they’ll have something for their fans. They don’t have to revolutionary. We all know what to expect. Then each of those games will be ported onto 152 other consoles and keep money coming in until the next game 

its weird because Oblivion is one of my favorite games ever but I couldn’t get into FO4 or Skyrim at all. 

Bethesda were obviously a pretty revolutionary company a while back. I still remember their first Elder Scrolls iteration, Arena, and what an impact it made at the time

(IIRC early 1990s). They've probably had a brain drain somewhere down the line -- lost some key talent, either to other companies or to retirement-- and its sent them into downward spiral. 

Will they right the ship? I don't know. But please don't give me this line of reasoning "oh they put out Fallout 76 which sucked so  Bethesda must also suck and therefore they've always sucked." Not true. Up until Fallout 4 they had a very stellar track record.   

After I graduated in 2004 with a comp sci degree I was applying to Bethesda trying to get a job there.  In hindsight I am SSSSSSSOOOOOOO glad that did not happen because my career path would have gone a different direction and I'm 100% confident I'd be making a whole lot less money than I am now with a whole lot less free time.

18 minutes ago, purbeast said:

After I graduated in 2004 with a comp sci degree I was applying to Bethesda trying to get a job there.  In hindsight I am SSSSSSSOOOOOOO glad that did not happen because my career path would have gone a different direction and I'm 100% confident I'd be making a whole lot less money than I am now with a whole lot less free time.

yeah but we might have better games. You selfish jerk 

I was dropping a friend off at work last summer in at this big office park in Rockville, across from a big neon sign that said "Zenimax Media." 

I was floored, and wondered if I  threw rocks at the windows, would they come out with some hi tec security guards, or would life imitate art, and I find myself getting rushed by some weird dude in a constable outfit with a wooden stick and a whistle

Oblivion is far superior to Skyrim, but I have to give Skyrim the edge in combat and the leveling system.

Trying to max stats in Oblivion by meticulously paying attention to how much you leveled majors and minors was excruciating.

However, the storyline and world was just breathtaking. Cyrodil was just more vibrant and colorful, as opposed grey and gloomy in Skyrim. Not to mention the transporting into literally the gates of hell.

The dark brotherhood in Oblivion was one of the best storylines I’ve ever played and the missions were a blast. The Skyrim counterpart was dull and uninspiring.

if we had Oblivion with Skyrim’s combat and leveling we are talking a perfect Elder scrolls.

Not sure how true this is but I heard this story from a good source who works with with Montgomery County Council.  A while ago Bethesda studios was on the verge of relocating from the county and the council started panicking since they are a big employer and attraction to live and work here. So the council asked them what they can offer to incentivize them to stay. 

Bethesda’s request was a pedestrian walkway across from their office building. That’s what the nerds wanted.

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Oblivion is far superior to Skyrim,

Yes thank you for this proclamation. I played both and enjoyed Skyim vastly more, but after reading your spectacular post

I have recovered my senses and recant my previous position. How could I have been so blind? Your posts intrigue me and 

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. 

10 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Well, I'm hoping for a Skyrim port on my PS5 for opening day. Maybe we could also get River Raid port as well. If that happens, the future is bright!!!

How many generations of consoles do you need to play Skyrim on?  Maybe the older Elder Scrolls games should be getting remasters/remakes.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

****in Redmaw. Uncle, man.... Uncle 😂😂😭

Jeebus. Finally got that mf'er. Had to revert to an older save so I could get more wire to use Ropecaster and corral it while I blew the armor off. Wasn't so suicidal once J didn't have to worry about using all the ropecaster ammo.

****. I have a headache 

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Jeebus. Finally got that mf'er. Had to revert to an older save so I could get more wire to use Ropecaster and corral it while I blew the armor off. Wasn't so suicidal once J didn't have to worry about using all the ropecaster ammo.

****. I have a headache 

“he’s holding his own out there” (Immediately gets tail swiped into a rock wall DBZ style)

strategy spoiler 

Spoiler

For thunder jaws, Are you tearing off the two disk launchers on their back? You can pick them up and use it against them. If you hit their square side panel on either side of the body at the end of their necks it’ll expose their heart. Rope cast and then disc launch the heart. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

“he’s holding his own out there” (Immediately gets tail swiped into a rock wall DBZ style)

strategy spoiler 

Hide contents

For thunder jaws, Are you tearing off the two disk launchers on their back? You can pick them up and use it against them. If you hit their square side panel on either side of the body at the end of their necks it’ll expose their heart. Rope cast and then disc launch the heart. 

My favorite was "He's half done!" (after 10 freaking minutes) I exhale for a millisecond,  then bam, instant  death by bull rush. And it doesn't have a tell, it just charges forward like it's on a ground elevator (usually while im in the quick inventory reloading). Half the time I would die almost immediately after the cutscene

Yeah I blow off the laser cannon, didn't know about the sweet spot though.

My plan after the cutscene where dude gets Krillin'd into the big boulder was usually 1) Ropecast it so it topples over, 2) equip the Tearblaster and rip off the cannon, head turrets, and any extra armor plating it shows me while writhing around, then 3) repeat ropecast, equip the cannon, blast it with it, then try to avoid the tail swipe, autokill quadruple laser, and insta-bullrush.

By then it's so aggressive that I cant even ropecast anywhere near it because its attacks become more erratic and it closes even faster, seemingly. Forget the times when you miss taking off one of the turrets and wittle it down, pissing it off to where it won't stop firing for like a minute straight, and you can't risk getting hit more than once during that torrential downpour. 

Took me like 2 hours to beat it.

Never really needed a concrete gameplan for any of the other thunderthighs (other than "Don't get hit"). Redmaw is so damn aggressive though.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

You talking about Battlefront? At any rate, the Starfighter SW games on PS2 were incredibly addictive

Star Wars Squadrons, just announced yesterday. It's a single player and multiplayer game were you just fly X wings and Tie fighers(among other ships). 

Suppose to be more info and game play demos coming out today. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Took me like 2 hours to beat it.

Never really needed a concrete gameplan for any of the other thunderthighs (other than "Don't get hit"). Redmaw is so damn aggressive though.

If you actually enjoyed this fight, I highly recommend running through The Frozen Wilds DLC. It's one of the better DLCs i've ever played and takes place in a truly gorgeous snowy part of the world with some absolute units for bosses. I went through it on UH for NG+ so i had all my weapons and resources carry over but just going through the regular fights i still had to go back to the claim to farm resources because i was running out of so much ****. It was a hell of a challenge but so rewarding. Really nice story too and they improved the facial animations. The gear/weapons are straight nasty too. 

Archived