Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

All the corny ass fighting games we had to live through in the '90s.... Youngins are always like "But you had MK! Street Fighter! Tekken! Killer Instinct!" But for every one of them, there were like 10 "Southside Rumble!" games, featuring everyones favorite racial stereotype of choice.

The world truly missed its chance for an OP pastor, wacking you with Communion baskets, holy water DOT combos, etc.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

All the corny ass fighting games we had to live through in the '90s.... Youngins are always like "But you had MK! Street Fighter! Tekken! Killer Instinct!" But for every one of them, there were like 10 "Southside Rumble!" games, featuring everyones favorite racial stereotype of choice.

The world truly missed its chance for an OP pastor, wacking you with Communion baskets, holy water DOT combos, etc.

You take that **** back right now!

Aren't you around my age? All y'all 30-40 dudes know that 90's **** was real.

Fast weekend at the mom and pop video store. You eye the "Gaming" section. All the good **** (NBA Shootout, Madden, Streets of Rage) gone. What's there? "Temple Fighter!" Featuring some random Asian dude.

"How bad could it be?"

The answer is hilariously bad. We just didn't know any better because we were kids/teenagers.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Aren't you around my age? All y'all 30-40 dudes know that 90's **** was real.

Fast weekend at the mom and pop video store. You eye the "Gaming" section. All the good **** (NBA Shootout, Madden, Streets of Rage) gone. What's there? "Temple Fighter!" Featuring some random Asian dude.

"How bad could it be?"

The answer is hilariously bad. We just didn't know any better because we were kids/teenagers.

I think I misread your post.  I thought you were calling those hallmark fighting games you listed corny, where you were really calling the ripoffs corny.

But I mean let's be real, TMNT Tournament Fighters and Clay Fighters were awesome.  Eternal Champions was also pretty awesome on Genesis!

I'll also plug whatever that fighting game was where you fighting dinosaurs and king Kong and ****. That was an underrated one.

I will confess, during the '94 holidays, I remember playing this Power Ranger game on Sega Genesis. **** was dope. It was just hard ad hell past a certain point. I remember not being able to beat super gigantic Goldar.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'll also plug whatever that fighting game was where you fighting dinosaurs and king Kong and ****. That was an underrated one.

I will confess, during the '94 holidays, I remember playing this Power Ranger game on Sega Genesis. **** was dope. It was just hard ad hell past a certain point. I remember not being able to beat super gigantic Goldar.

I'm guessing you mean King of the Monsters.  Or possibly Primal Rage which was primarily dinosaurs.

19 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Has Fallout 76 improved at all? I'm thinking about getting this but if it sucks forget it

Well there was the Wastelander's patch, that added npc', quests, and factions, and eliminated a lot of bugs, but the feedback is hit or miss so far

https://www.ign.com/articles/fallout-76-wastelanders-review

https://www.mmorpg.com/fallout-76/editorials/fallout-76-five-things-to-know-if-you-return-for-wastelanders-2000117992

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Well there was the Wastelander's patch, that added npc', quests, and factions, and eliminated a lot of bugs, but the feedback is hit or miss so far

https://www.ign.com/articles/fallout-76-wastelanders-review

https://www.mmorpg.com/fallout-76/editorials/fallout-76-five-things-to-know-if-you-return-for-wastelanders-2000117992

Thanks...looks like it hasn't improved much...pity..I loved Fallout4. This had alot of potential

8 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I used to love Bushido Blade! Also spent a lot of time having gun fights with friends. I know, it defeats the point of the game.

Man weapon choice mattered in that game alot. Length vs. Maneuverability vs. Power vs. Speed

I was always pretty bad at fighting games, but beating them gun toting ****s had me feeling good about myself as a kid

Man, RDR Arthur is a slow burn. I've enjoyed killing and robbing people and hunting to the point where only now am I just advancing the storyline (the encounter with the Pinkertons while fishing with Jack).

Sooo much customization.  I've all but given up trying to get the dude fat though. So I've just replaced it with rampant drinking and yelling at everyone.

10 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Man weapon choice mattered in that game alot. Length vs. Maneuverability vs. Power vs. Speed

I was always pretty bad at fighting games, but beating them gun toting ****s had me feeling good about myself as a kid

I was bad at fighting games too. Always a lamb to the slaughter when it came to sleepovers and other stuff. Got my 10 year old nephew beating my ass in MK/Injustice on the regular 

Tekken and Fight Night were the only combat games I was ever really good at (damn near supernatural in the case of Fight Night). Everything else just didnt feel right in my hands. Combinations just never computed

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I was bad at fighting games too. Always a lamb to the s ln slaughter when it came to sleepovers and other stuff. Got my 10 year old nephew beating my ass in MK/Injustice on the regular 

Tekken and Fight Night were the only combat games I ever really good at (damn near supernatural in the case of Fight Night). Everything else just didnt feel right in my hands. Combinations just never computed

as soon as you get past 4 commands for a certain move, I start to get real, real disinterested

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

as soon as you get past 4 commands for a certain move, I start to get real, real disinterested

Tekken had some characters like Lee/King where you had an almost infinity kick or slam combo, but the buttons always made logical sense, and when you're in the middle of it, it all flows naturally.

MK always felt the exact opposite to me. Only character I've ever been good with is Scorpion. Those characters and their moves are so unique and intricate that it just takes forever to learn it, unless you're one of those annoying ****s that just automatically master instantly in life :ols:

Archived