Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

I feel like it may have been said already, but I'll say it again, andromeda really needs to add a button to the control to change your pathfinder profile without having to go to the menu. Going to the menu really removes you from the flow of the combat. 

This morning I fired the game up and realized I'd put way too much into biotics. So I respec'd my Ryder in the Tempest and spread the points around to make sure I had at least 2-3 points in 3 skills for combat, biotics and tech. Now when I switch my profiles, I'm getting the most out the skills being used. 

On 3/26/2017 at 10:53 AM, Xameil said:

Has any PS4 players noticed any online lag since the 4.5 update?

Also, was curious if anyone who has an Xbox and a PS4 could do a quick ping test. Goto cloudping.info and let me know what you get. If possible.can you do a screenshot of it and post it here. 

I just tested both my Xbox One and PS4 for you, sorry no screen shots.  My current internet connection is through TWC and my plan is 300 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.  I just went to speedtest.net and ran a test on my PC and got 347.74 Mbps down, 23.7 Mbps up and a ping of 30 ms.   I did a ping test with cloudping.info on my PC and got 39 ms.  

I use a powerline adapter to get internet to my bonus room where both my PS4 and XB1 are located.  I only have one ethernet cable attached to the adapter, so I use the same connection and switch back and forth from each console.  With that said, my XB1 gets the better download and upload speeds, and the difference is baffling to me.  Here are the results.

XB1 - wired, connection test within network settings was 84.3 Mbps down/22.96 Mbps up and through their browser using cloudping.com I got a ping of 61 ms to US East.

PS4 - wired, connection test within network settings was 37.7 Mbps down/1.4 Mbps up and through their browser using cloudping.com I got a ping of 152 ms to US East.

My PS4 was purchased at launch in 2013 and the Xbox One in 2014, so both the original models.  

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I feel like it may have been said already, but I'll say it again, andromeda really needs to add a button to the control to change your pathfinder profile without having to go to the menu. Going to the menu really removes you from the flow of the combat. 

This morning I fired the game up and realized I'd put way too much into biotics. So I respec'd my Ryder in the Tempest and spread the points around to make sure I had at least 2-3 points in 3 skills for combat, biotics and tech. Now when I switch my profiles, I'm getting the most out the skills being used. 

Yeah I respecced out of pure biotics too. Biotics are fun, but are negated completely by armor and shields(well some of the abilities as you level them up get better vs. shields) Tech is actually really good this time, as Energy Drain and Incinerate wreck shields and armor, respectively. My current loadout is Energy Drain to deal with shields(I also specced it so it acts as both a primer AND detonator), Incinerate to deal with Armor, and Lance as my primary detonator/nuker. I have no points put into Combat so my gun damage isn't great, but I really only use it to pick off stragglers.

I do kinda miss Pull/Throw, but again since it doesn't work on shielded or armored foes its not that great. Regular HP enemies die so easily its not that big of a deal. I'm often killing them with just one Lance. I crafted this one armor set(its from Remnants, it looks purple, I can't remember the name)that has massive power damage bonsues.

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I respecced out of pure biotics too. Biotics are fun, but are negated completely by armor and shields(well some of the abilities as you level them up get better vs. shields) Tech is actually really good this time, as Energy Drain and Incinerate wreck shields and armor, respectively. My current loadout is Energy Drain to deal with shields(I also specced it so it acts as both a primer AND detonator), Incinerate to deal with Armor, and Lance as my primary detonator/nuker. I have no points put into Combat so my gun damage isn't great, but I really only use it to pick off stragglers.

I do kinda miss Pull/Throw, but again since it doesn't work on shielded or armored foes its not that great. Regular HP enemies die so easily its not that big of a deal. I'm often killing them with just one Lance. I crafted this one armor set(its from Remnants, it looks purple, I can't remember the name)that has massive power damage bonsues.

I almost had Throw maxed out. Had regular enemies, flying everywhere. Even increased the range to make sure I could knock out a group. But going pure biotics is only situational in this game. I added the Disrupt tech skill to remove the shield from enemies, but armored kett and big monsters would wreck me. Understanding which skills counter what took some time, but I respecced to be more balanced. I feel like the idea of allowing you switch loadouts is awesome, they just need to allow you to do it on the fly. 

4 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I almost had Throw maxed out. Had regular enemies, flying everywhere. Even increased the range to make sure I could knock out a group. But going pure biotics is only situational in this game. I added the Disrupt tech skill to remove the shield from enemies, but armored kett and big monsters would wreck me. Understanding which skills counter what took some time, but I respecced to be more balanced. I feel like the idea of allowing you switch loadouts is awesome, they just need to allow you to do it on the fly. 

Agreed but I think allowing you to switch on the fly would be a little too overpowered.

I do wish we could control our squddies ability use though. Peebee spams Pull too often but doesn't use it when I actually want her to. :(

Destiny's last live update today.... Age of Triumph.  Destiny 2 announced for September, Beta in June... !!

14 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

The more i play Andromeda, the less i understand the criticisms

It has flaws, but they are doing a lot and getting it mostly right. 

Video games are like movies.  You can't really trust critics. I have movies in my collection that are rated terribly by critics and some are highly rated.  Ultimately, how they are rated doesn't matter because I'm an individual and like things that others like and others hate.  

26 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I'm currently there now. Last night I finished disabling the Kett base. Now I'm gonna start working on the remnant stations. 

The final story mission is really good and has an awesome ending. You will love it.

I got my viabiilty on that planet to 40 already so I already got the outpost, but I'm too lazy to do more. Want to go to a new planet. I'm at around 25% completion with over 20 hours played, that's an 80 hour pace. This always happens to me though, I do everything in RPGs early on then get burned out around the 40 hour mark and end up just gunning to the finish. I really want to take my time and do EVERYTHING in Andromeda though.

Tried a Sniper build yesterday. Its not bad but I do miss my biotics and Barrier. I need a better Sniper Rifle too, don't like the one shot and reload ones.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

How strange. We're all pretty close to the same part of the game lol.  Im on the same planet.

Its pretty funny too riding around in the Nomad with Peebee and Cora constantly arguing passive aggressively

I don't like Cora. I rarely use her. I do like Peebee though, I plan to romance her(still wish we could romance Dr Lexi :(). The squadmates in general are pretty good and are versatile enough that you can bring almost any combo and not be gimped.

I used Jaal a lot on the Angara planets(just makes sense, and you absolutely want to take him on the final mission although you might be forced to taking him no tsure). I like Drack too, and hes insanely OP since he just runs right up to people and anhilates them "lolol."

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't like Cora. I rarely use her. I do like Peebee though, I plan to romance her(still wish we could romance Dr Lexi :(). The squadmates in general are pretty good and are versatile enough that you can bring almost any combo and not be gimped.

I used Jaal a lot on the Angara planets(just makes sense, and you absolutely want to take him on the final mission although you might be forced to taking him no tsure). I like Drack too, and hes insanely OP since he just runs right up to people and anhilates them "lolol."

I'm the opposite, I like Cora and dislike Peebee. Not really jazzed about romancing either of them, but I'm moving forward with Cora because the pickings are slim. I wish they'd let you romance Suvi, she's the hottest female in this game. 

And it's funny that you've been using Jaal a lot, I like to use characters that are invested in what I'm currently doing. So I've been using Jaal a lot since he joined. And I've also been using Cora, since she and that Asari on EoS want you to investigate a scout ship from the Asari Ark that crashed on the Ice planet. I've also been using Drack when I know it's about to be a boss fight. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I like Cora. Sort of a less annoying, less shamelessly prejudiced Ashley. I always ask her about various past missions while on the Tempest.

There is some of that "Woe is me" biotic stuff that plagued Kaidan, but not nearly as off putting.

I just need her to stop passive aggressively complaining about Ryder being made Pathfinder over her. Just get over it before my Ryder finds a different bunk buddy. 

Holy crap the Architect fights are fun but pretty intense, especially the one on the ice planet. I struggled with the first one because I was in my Vanguard up close build, but in my standard Sentinel build I wrecked it. Energy Drain/Incinerate/Lance for combo goodness.

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

EoS want you to investigate a scout ship from the Asari Ark that crashed on the Ice planet. I've also been using Drack when I know it's about to be a boss fight. 

Might want to use him for the water irrigation mission if you haven't already. That was an eye opener

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Holy crap the Architect fights are fun but pretty intense, especially the one on the ice planet. I struggled with the first one because I was in my Vanguard up close build, but in my standard Sentinel build I wrecked it. Energy Drain/Incinerate/Lance for combo goodness.

I just mentioned it lol. I ran into that **** on Eeos and was like wtffffffff

Reminded me of fighting the suicide RAY's on top of Arsenal Gear in MGS: Sons of Liberty. Just dodging the ever living **** out of everything

23 hours ago, Llevron said:

Yall are so much farther than me. I suppose its because I cant stop playing FFXIV 

What server? I'm FP Santangelo on Ultros. Haven't played in a while but thinking about picking it back up when the expansion is released. 

Archived