Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

@Warhead36 @Mr. Sinister what decision did you guys make regarding either saving the Krogan scouts or saving the Salarian Pathfinder? I chose to save the Salarian Pathfinder, and now it seems like I've ruined the alliance the Krogan colony had with the Initiative.I also did the Jaal loyalty mission and made a decision he didn't like in regards to the Roekkar, looks like I actually made them even more determined to fight any races that aren't Angaran. On my second playthrough I'll make sure to choose the opposite choices and see how they turn out. 

41 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

@Warhead36 @Mr. Sinister what decision did you guys make regarding either saving the Krogan scouts or saving the Salarian Pathfinder? I chose to save the Salarian Pathfinder, and now it seems like I've ruined the alliance the Krogan colony had with the Initiative.I also did the Jaal loyalty mission and made a decision he didn't like in regards to the Roekkar, looks like I actually made them even more determined to fight any races that aren't Angaran. On my second playthrough I'll make sure to choose the opposite choices and see how they turn out. 

I chose to befriend the Krogan overlord and sacrifice the Salarian pathfinder.

I also did the opposite of you in regards to Jaal's loyalty mission. Tried to unite everybody as best i could, sweeping stuff under the rug that could divide us

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You check out that game Steep? Posted a video of it awhile ago but it's release kind of went under the radar 

Dang, forgot all about that. Thanks. Damn, he got crushed :ols:

You check out that game Steep? Posted a video of it awhile ago but it's release kind of went under the radar 

Looks pretty cool but the reviews I just read were saying that it's not like the old SSX games cause it's open world.  Which open world on top of mountains does sound pretty cool, but not sure about this one, I need to do more research.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Late 90's-Early 00's, those games were everywhere. Everything is so much more simulation-y now.

I miss the NBA Street franchise for the next same reasons

NBA Street was so great.  I miss NBA Jams too, me and my best friend mastered that game with the Hornets, our goal against the CPU was to break 100, we got to where we could do that almost every time.  The Zo and LJ combo was lethal.  

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

I really am starting to despise the open world era of gaming. It started with MGSV, which had no business being open world. Neither does a sports game.

Same here man, leave sports out of the open world genre of games.  Saw another one called Mark McMorris Infinite Air, doing some research on it now.  Looks like it came out right before Steep.

Im still gonna get Steep anyway, but it will probably feel a little weird

Tony Hawk Proving Ground was the same way. Big open skate world. Just felt disjointed, and i traded it in.

In other news, looks like Shenmue 3 is currently in production

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/shenmue-3-release-date-trailer-news-gameplay-preorder-remaster

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I also did the opposite of you in regards to Jaal's loyalty mission. Tried to unite everybody as best i could, sweeping stuff under the rug that could divide us

How did that turn out with the Salarians? And did that stop the roekkar? 

42 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

How did that turn out with the Salarians? And did that stop the roekkar? 

We'll see about the Salarians. It sort of pissed off Kallo, but the new pathfinder seemed to understand. I imagine the ramifications from this will be felt in Andromeda 2, along with my decision to aid the Kett General in his overthrow of the Archon. 

The RoeKarr abandon Akksul after his insanity is put on full display

Some sports just make better arcade style video games than simulations. As amazing as The Show series is, it can get kinda boring but the Griffey Jr N64 baseball games were always fun. Same with Mario baseball on the GameCube. That's an all timer for me, gameplay was fun and solid with more depth than you'd think. Completely silly tho and was missing things like a season or stat tracking etc

Thats one thing i hate about the NBA Live franchise being in the toilet. It was a perfect mix between sim and arcade. 

Regarding Steep, I think the open world is really just more of a Hub where you can snowboard or glide around to each different location for the different events and races etc but I could be wrong. I don't really see any open world type of elements other than goiNg from one event to the next. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Late 90's-Early 00's, those games were everywhere. Everything is so much more simulation-y now.

I miss the NBA Street franchise for the next same reasons

I think the thing is, and what happened, where do you go with them? There are only so many different skateboard tricks and dunks. So what do you do? You hit perfection early and then what? **** comes and **** goes. You reach the pinnacle and move on to the next thing. 

Anyway, so happy Horizon: Zero Dawn was my first PS4 game. Had no idea what I was buying so I got lucky. Man what a great game. Great story. Relevant. And fun. 

And of course Persona 5 is amazing. Continues to be my favorite series ever. Somehow manages to get better and better. 

47 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

I think the thing is, and what happened, where do you go with them? There are only so many different skateboard tricks and dunks. So what do you do? You hit perfection early and then what? **** comes and **** goes. You reach the pinnacle and move on to the next thing.

Most of the games im talking about were arcade like in nature. Im sure they all had their simulation counterparts, but nothing about those games (aside from licensed players,  and several trademark tricks) was based in realism. Thats what made them so fun.  There's no limit to what they can do, and even if there was, it still wouldn't stop me from buying it, just yo experience it this gen.

A ton of these simulation games have gone decades, and many have the nasty habit of changing very little, but still releasing the same game year after year, and people still pay $60 for it despite that

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Most of the games im talking about were arcade like in nature. Im sure they all had their simulation counterparts, but nothing about those games (aside from licensed players,  and several trademark tricks) was based in realism. Thats what made them so fun.  There's no limit to what they can do, and even if there was, it still wouldn't stop me from buying it, just yo experience it this gen.

A ton of these simulation games have gone decades, and many have the nasty habit of changing very little, but still releasing the same game year after year, and people still pay $60 for it despite that

I love Madden, but you are spot on about releasing basically the same game each year with some tweaks and additional perks.  This years version is really good and better (I will give them that).  But with them having the exclusive rights to the NFL, they don't have to shake things up too much because they don't have any competition.  Same with NHL, MLB The Show, NBA2K, etc.  they shake up very little.

The fact that they have gone so long without a game like or remake of NBA Street or NBA Jams, Tony Hawk, etc., you would think that it would be a huge success, especially among the older gamers (ages 27+).  I mean if Rocket League can be so popular, surely another extreme game or crazy arcade NBA game would enjoy similar success.

Rocket league is the best sports game in decades 

does anyone on here play it lol

I got it when it was free on PSN, played it twice. It was ok.  I do have several people that I play games with regularly that love it but for me it was one of those games that was fun for a few minutes but after that, not so much.

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I love Madden, but you are spot on about releasing basically the same game each year with some tweaks and additional perks.  This years version is really good and better (I will give them that).  But with them having the exclusive rights to the NFL, they don't have to shake things up too much because they don't have any competition.  Same with NHL, MLB The Show, NBA2K, etc.  they shake up very little.

I downloaded the latest Madden once I saw it show up on EA Access. One of the main things I used to enjoy doing is choosing a bad franchise and building it up over multiple seasons into a top tier superbowl contender. I'd rarely play any games, just simulate them all and dealt with signing FA, scouting, drafting and trades. That was a while ago, and I don't know if franchise mode works like that anymore but I'd like to do that again. 

Rocket league is the best sports game in decades 

does anyone on here play it lol

Rocket League is great. Gets even better the moment you have drunk brilliance and do something you thought was impossible lol

Archived