Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Unfortuantely all the babies out there whined too much so they're shutting down the ME franchise

That's what the entire gaming industry has come to (or is trending towards), unfortunately.  It's been that way for a long time on PC with mmorpgs.  You have those that want to only PvE and others (like me) that want to PvP and it be FFA open world where you can kill anyone leveling up, griefing, full loot, etc.  

All the little kids and whinny players would complain about getting killed while leveling on a PvP server with a specific rule set that allowed it.  Instead of going to a PvE/rollplaying server where they would be left alone.  Ruins just about every new PvP game out there.  That and the Free 2 Play with cash shop model that the industry has gone towards.  

40 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Unfortuantely all the babies out there whined too much so they're shutting down the ME franchise

Say what? Where did you get that information?

edit: I saw that this rumor was posted around May 10. Some devs must still be working on the game, though I don't know at what capacity. A new patch was just released.

45 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They got what they wanted. Make a big fuss about nothing long enough and you'll eventually get results. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just checked it out. No DLC, no sequel, no nothing. "Put on ice."

Seriously, **** people.

It's confirmed no DLC?? Now I'm really pissed. 

19 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just checked it out. No DLC, no sequel, no nothing. "Put on ice."

Seriously, **** people.

14 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Say what? Where did you get that information?

edit: I saw that this rumor was posted around May 10. Some devs must still be working on the game, though I don't know at what capacity. A new patch was just released.

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

They got what they wanted. Make a big fuss about nothing long enough and you'll eventually get results. 

It's confirmed no DLC?? Now I'm really pissed. 

I found this article:https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/05/11/mass-effect-andromeda-sequel-issues-may-leave-all-its-cliffhanger-storylines-unresolved/#3c429e8332c8

Just now, Warhead36 said:

That'd be dumb. At least do some DLC to wrap up some of the plotlines left open after the ending. I mean EA is throwing money away because people will buy the DLC.

You would think.  I'm sure it has to do with the amount of complaints they rec'd and projections on how much they might make with DLC vs the cost of developing, releasing, UAT, etc.  It's all about greed with EA anyhow.

One a brighter side, I read today that in Madden 18, they are bringing back the online team play (3 vs 3).  With the exception that it will be featured in MUT and not as a regular game mode.  But, I could care less about that as I loved that old game mode and it's been years since they offered it.

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That does suck. It's a fairly flagship franchise though, so I'm sure it will be back at some point. It seems odd to complete bail because you made 1 game out of 4 that wasn't widely considered a masterpiece. 

Also, maybe that means we get the OT remastered in the meantime?

I think EA is behind it. Bioware didn't buckle under the pressure when the entire world were criticizing them for the ME3 ending. Yet they pull the plug on Andromeda after two months???? EA also canceled and postponed NBA Live(justifiably so) for multiple years until they felt the quality of the game was at an acceptable level. It just seems like an EA thing to do. 

That's a good example though, NBA live is coming back and it was an absolute train wreck critically and sales wise. It was destroyed by it's closest competitor. 

Mass Effect is a beloved and successful series with one, game that some find less than amazing or that didn't hit blockbuster sales. 

It will be back

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

This sucks. I might seriously revisit No Man's Sky. I need a space fix soon. Maybe that new game, Prey.

The Master Chief will always there for you when you are ready to return

6 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I think EA is behind it. Bioware didn't buckle under the pressure when the entire world were criticizing them for the ME3 ending. Yet they pull the plug on Andromeda after two months???? EA also canceled and postponed NBA Live(justifiably so) for multiple years until they felt the quality of the game was at an acceptable level. It just seems like an EA thing to do. 

If people are pissed now, then wait til EA does it's thing, if this is indeed all them. They won't even recognize it anymore.

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That's a good example though, NBA live is coming back and it was an absolute train wreck critically and sales wise. It was destroyed by it's closest competitor. 

Mass Effect is a beloved and successful series with one, game that some find less than amazing or that didn't hit blockbuster sales. 

It will be back

The Master Chief will always there for you when you are ready to return

If Master Chief wants to cross over platforms, I will again indulge. I won't get an XB1 just to play it.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If people are pissed now, then wait til EA does it's thing, if this is indeed all them. They won't even recognize it anymore.

I know. They are talking about ME not coming back until at least 2020. And it likely will be completely different than Andromeda and it's story. 

Worse thing that every happened to my favorite gaming company was EA purchasing them. The co-founders of Bioware both resigned around the time the ME3 ending controversy was happening. People automatically assumed it was the backlash to ME3 that left them disenchanted with continuing on, but behind the scenes, they actually wanted to leave immediately after EA purchased the company and they had no way to stop it. But EA convinced them to sign these 5 year contracts where they'd stay on. Those contracts expired a couple months after ME3 released and those guys couldn't have left any quicker. EA always seems to poison everything they touch. 

BTW, the official Mass Effect twitter account has yet to respond to my tweet. I'm thinking DLC is not happening. 

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That is probably the only thing Chief cannot do

I'll hold out hope that one day we will be reunited. I'll likely have enough money to get both platforms next gen (well technically  I do now, but it would not be a wise investment), so we'll see.

7 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I know. They are talking about ME not coming back until at least 2020. And it likely will be completely different than Andromeda and it's story. 

Worse thing that every happened to my favorite gaming company was EA purchasing them. The co-founders of Bioware both resigned around the time the ME3 ending controversy was happening. People automatically assumed it was the backlash to ME3 that left them disenchanted with continuing on, but behind the scenes, they actually wanted to leave immediately after EA purchased the company and they had no way to stop it. But EA convinced them to sign these 5 year contracts where they'd stay on. Those contracts expired a couple months after ME3 released and those guys couldn't have left any quicker. EA always seems to poison everything they touch. 

BTW, the official Mass Effect twitter account has yet to respond to my tweet. I'm thinking DLC is not happening. 

I saw what they did with Dead Space, on top of their long standing general ****tiness. Mass Effect is done

Don't think there is enough people that are playing or will be playing Friday the 13th, so I'll post it in here.  They finally patched the game on XBox1 today, 3.5GB patch.  Evidently, the devs forgot to apply the day 1 patch and basically gave us a beta version of the game.  Quick play wasn't working and the game was crashing a lot at times, usually at the worst possible times.  

Well, this patch has apparently fixed those issues and quick play now works.  But it would be nice to still run with a group and do private matches.  I read tons of complaints now that in quick play people are running into griefers that are basically killing other counselors since you can damage each other unless the feature is disabled (in private matches by the host). 

I will admit, that I laughed my ass off last night as myself and two others jumped in the car to escape and another counselor ran into the road wanting to jump in, but Jason was after us, so the driver just plowed him over and killed him.  But it slowed us down and Jason teleported in front of the car and smashed it.  Then we all had to jump out and start running again.

@Momma There Goes That Man @Gamebreaker  did you guys pick this up yet?  We need to run some games this weekend.

19 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This sucks. I might seriously revisit No Man's Sky. I need a space fix soon. Maybe that new game, Prey.

Just completed a playthrough of Prey on XB. Damn fine gaming experience. I definitely recommend. You can expect a 25-30 hour experience if you do all the side missions and play on normal. If you really want the prey experience, play on hard.

11 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I bought it and downloaded it last night. I wonder if I got the patch last night too, the download was only like 3.5-4.5 GB. 

The initial download was small like 3-5GB, people were talking that we basically downloaded the entire game again with the patch.  When you try to play, it will prompt the update automatically if you don't have it.  

I know we are friends on XB1, your gamer tag is SloMoBlackSheep right?

7 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The initial download was small like 3-5GB, people were talking that we basically downloaded the entire game again with the patch.  When you try to play, it will prompt the update automatically if you don't have it.  

I know we are friends on XB1, your gamer tag is SloMoBlackSheep right?

Close, lol. SloMoBackSlap. 

I've played Mass Effect: Andromeda for about 10 hours now. I have to agree with you guys, it rocks. You're honestly

going to tell me that some slightly annoying facial animations and a few frame rate surges are going to deter you from

playing this game? I can't understand where all the criticism is coming from. 

Archived