Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

On 7/22/2017 at 6:05 PM, Warhead36 said:

Finished Until Dawn. Lot of fun. It sucks though, I was doing so well had everyone alive until just about the very end when people started dropping like flies. Ended up with just three people alive(well four if you count you know who but he kind of ends up you know what at the end, trying to avoid spoilers).

Yeah, the ending is tough. I don't want to get into details. But I only had one person dead up until that point and ended it up with three left alive too. I did go back and play through it again and was able to get everyone to survive though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Having a tough time deciding whether I should get Nier Automata or not. I generally hate Japanese RPGs (like Final Fantasy, Ni No Kuni,

and so on). And the game is still expensive six months after its release. That said, it has gotten rave reviews. Wonder if any of you

have played it and would recommend it. 

8 hours ago, Keith Huddleston said:

Having a tough time deciding whether I should get Nier Automata or not. I generally hate Japanese RPGs (like Final Fantasy, Ni No Kuni,

and so on). And the game is still expensive six months after its release. That said, it has gotten rave reviews. Wonder if any of you

have played it and would recommend it. 

It's made by Platinum Games; they're known for making tight action games that never sell as well as they deserve to.  Same people who made Bayonetta, Star Fox Zero, and Wonderful 101.  Before they started their own studio, they used to work for Capcom's Clover Studio where they made Okami (top-notch Zelda-like game) and Viewtiful Joe.

I have not played Nier Automata, but I personally would give Platinum the benefit of the doubt because of their track record.

On 7/24/2017 at 5:12 AM, Gamebreaker said:

Yeah, the ending is tough. I don't want to get into details. But I only had one person dead up until that point and ended it up with three left alive too. I did go back and play through it again and was able to get everyone to survive though. 

I think we talked about this back in the winter, but i literally had to stop breathing to make it through that. The sensitivity is merciless

23 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

It's made by Platinum Games; they're known for making tight action games that never sell as well as they deserve to.  Same people who made Bayonetta, Star Fox Zero, and Wonderful 101.  Before they started their own studio, they used to work for Capcom's Clover Studio where they made Okami (top-notch Zelda-like game) and Viewtiful Joe.

I have not played Nier Automata, but I personally would give Platinum the benefit of the doubt because of their track record.

Thanks. I'll wait for the price to drop . In the meantime I've got Rime, Sniper Elite 4, Injustice 2, and Uncharted: Lost Legacy (yes!)

to tide me over. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Been playing PSNow lately. Its been fun playing stuff like Beyond: Two Souls again. Internet connection is utter **** though, and it kicks me out several times. Funny, cuz my actual internet connection is/was pretty good. Seems fishy

Ive heard PSNow has a lot of frame rate issues. Anyway, I actually bought the compilation remaster of Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain. Unfortunately, they are in my backlog of games I need to play but haven't got to yet. 

I've currently been playing a lot of Warframe. 

47 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Ive heard PSNow has a lot of frame rate issues. Anyway, I actually bought the compilation remaster of Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain. Unfortunately, they are in my backlog of games I need to play but haven't got to yet. 

I've currently been playing a lot of Warframe. 

Lol, talk about backlogged. I've currently got Shadow of Mordor, Tales From The Borderlands, Uncharted 4, Life Is Strange, DOOM, and just finished TellTalles Game of Thrones season one pass. It was good, but it was the classic Telltale "Save that one, and someone else has to die" feel to it

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol, talk about backlogged. I've currently got Shadow of Mordor, Tales From The Borderlands, Uncharted 4, Life Is Strange, DOOM, and just finished TellTalles Game of Thrones season one pass. It was good, but it was the classic Telltale "Save that one, and someone else has to die" feel to it

Yes, they all do that. Which is why I think SuperMassive Games (makers of Until Dawn) is a studio Telltale could learn some lessons from. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:12 AM, Gamebreaker said:

I ended up getting a PS4 Pro too and play Until Dawn with PS plus. Enjoyed the game a lot and only ended up with one dead (Matt) at the end of first playthrough. Liked it enough to platinum the game.

20 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man, I feel you there. Since I pretty much skipped PS3 up until getting the PS4 pro, I currently have boxed copies of Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 just sitting there ready to be played. Already ran through Diablo 3, Resident Evil 5 coop with a buddy I went to college and gamed a lot with but he was never a PC gamer. Diablo 3 just made me crave playing Path of Exile on PC though which just came out with an expansion adding 6 more acts to the game for a total of 10.

Path of Exile is probably the best ARPG out at the moment and arguably one of the best of all time. It's free to play as well with diablo 2 type graphics so it doesn't take a high end PC to play. Highly rec to anyone that likes ARPGs especially since it's free, one of the very few free to play games that isn't riddled with forced micro transactions and BS free to play gated mechanics. The learning curve is steep though, but oh so worth it. I've actually probably dumped around $250-$300 into that game buying extra stash tabs and supporter packs though because they have crafted such a damn fine game. Coming up on 1200 hours played on steam and that doesn't include the 6-9 months I played in beta up until the client was added to steam. If anyone does give it a try, let me know I can explain the mechanics if needed and have a ton of extra gear to help get started in the hardcore and soft core leagues. When your hardcore characters die, they go to the normal league rather than being completely deleted.

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I still have to play UC4 as well. I wanted to go back thru the remastered trilogy first. The first UC hasn't aged well. It's taking me a while to get thru it. Still fun though but it's really clunky. 

UC4 is possibly THE best game on the PS4. Only game I would put in its league is Grand Theft Auto V (PS4 Remastered). 

I've been trying to get through the Uncharted series. I bought my PS4 with the Uncharted bundle almost two years ago. And I have an Uncharted 4 physical copy. I've spent a long time trying to beat Uncharted 1, I keep stopping because that first game is brutally bad. I had played UC2 on PS3, so I know that one is good and I'll likely blow through the series once I finally get past UC1. 

4 minutes ago, Keith Huddleston said:

UC4 is possibly THE best game on the PS4. Only game I would put in its league is Grand Theft Auto V (PS4 Remastered). 

Have you played Tomb Raider or Rise of the Tomb Raider? Is UC4 better than those two? I think both games are better than any UC I've played (I've played most of UC1, completed UC2, and some of UC3). 

3 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I've been trying to get through the Uncharted series. I bought my PS4 with the Uncharted bundle almost two years ago. And I have an Uncharted 4 physical copy. I've spent a long time trying to beat Uncharted 1, I keep stopping because that first game is brutally bad. I had played UC2 on PS3, so I know that one is good and I'll likely blow through the series once I finally get past UC1. 

Have you played Tomb Raider or Rise of the Tomb Raider? Is UC4 better than those two? I think both games are better than any UC I've played (I've played most of UC1, completed UC2, and some of UC3). 

Yeah it is better than both of those, though, let us not kid ourselves, Rise of the Tomb Raider is a GREAT game. UC4 beats it on graphics (graphics will melt your face), story and characters. Give a slight edge to ROTTR on gameplay, which is truly thrilling. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Im leaning towards getting Oculus Rift in about 6 weeks from now. Should i get that or PSVR? I really want that UD: Rush of Blood, but the rift seems pretty cool

Oculus is on sale right now.  $400 for base unit and touch controllers.  $60 more for the extra sensor for room scale.  Not sure how much longer the sale lasts, but I seem to recall it's supposed to be a 6-week sale that started on Prime Day.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Oculus is on sale right now.  $400 for base unit and touch controllers.  $60 more for the extra sensor for room scale.  Not sure how much longer the sale lasts, but I seem to recall it's supposed to be a 6-week sale that started on Prime Day.

Yeah i saw it at Best Buy last Friday for $399 and I did a double take. May just jump on it now since it's a limited time offer

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah i saw it at Best Buy last Friday for $399 and I did a double take. May just jump on it now since it's a limited time offer

It's a better value, I think, than the PSVR.  The PSVR is, what, $350 still, and that's without the needed eyetoy (or whatever it's called) and Move controllers you need to go along with it, and it's inferior tech tied to inferior hardware.  While I don't doubt people who say PSVR does work pretty well, a PC is just a more robust platform, and both the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive provide a superior experience with more room to grow in the future.

The big question I have for you would be your current PC situation.  Whatcha packin'?

Archived