Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

21 hours ago, Llevron said:

This is literally what I need. If you guys are into PC gaming like this maybe we should consider putting an team together on something. Cats are getting paid for this stuff these days. 

Im getting more and more fed up with current gen consoles. Less freedom, creativity and individuality i imagined would be available nowadays. So while i will still game on that front, PC gaming is my future, and what i will invest more of my time/money in.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Im getting more and more fed up with current gen consoles. Less freedom, creativity and individuality i imagined would be available nowadays.

The vast amount of mods/trainers/etc. on PC along with the graphics (if one is a graphic whore) really make PC gaming better than on consoles, specifically for those solo/single player games.  And now days, you can use controllers and map the keys so it's like playing on a console.  

I'll still always get a console because of certain games I like to play online (Madden, NBA 2K, FPS, etc.).  But I have to admit, I miss gaming on my PC.  I just keep telling my wife every week or so that I'm planning on building a new rig this year and explaining that mine is basically becoming obsolete and on the low end side.  She listens......she knows it's inevitable...........time is on my side though since it's been 6 years going on 7 since I got my current PC.  

6 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Thats a boss build.  Any chance you can toss one together on there for me, budget of $1500?  It would need to include the optical drive and OS (OD should be cheap, Windows 10 64 bit home edition I guess).   I've been researching builds, but I've been out of the PC game for 4-5 years, so I don't know all the best parts anymore, or the ones that are just as good as the best but cheaper in price.  

Also, would going 32GB of RAM be an overkill at this point?  I know the motherboard in that build can go up to 64GB, so it can always be added later, but was just curious.

32 GB RAM... yeah, it's overkill for most applications.  But I made a point of putting in two 8-GB sticks of RAM for the 16 GB which leaves two slots open for further expansion down the line without waste.  My current PC has two 4-GB sticks and two 2-GB sticks, and it annoys me that if I buy another 8 GBs of RAM, I'll see half that much as I'll be removing 4 GB worth of RAM to make room for the new stuff.

For your build (which I'll try to get around to tonight after I take a nap), what are you looking for in optical drive?  DVD burner?  Blu Ray?

Just now, PokerPacker said:

32 GB RAM... yeah, it's overkill for most applications.  But I made a point of putting in two 8-GB sticks of RAM for the 16 GB which leaves two slots open for further expansion down the line without waste.  My current PC has two 4-GB sticks and two 2-GB sticks, and it annoys me that if I buy another 8 GBs of RAM, I'll see half that much as I'll be removing 4 GB worth of RAM to make room for the new stuff.

For your build (which I'll try to get around to tonight after I take a nap), what are you looking for in optical drive?  DVD burner?  Blu Ray?

Blu Ray, cheap one if possible.

Okay, @Dont Taze Me Bro, here's an attempt to stay under $1500 with a blu ray drive and Windows 10. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRJGCy

Still got you with a Ryzen 7 1700 with a beast of a cooler.  Saved a couple hundred on the GPU going with the GTX 1080 instead of the 1080 TI.  Still a heck of a card.

@Mr. Sinister, I made a slight modification to yours.  Seems there's a different version of the cooler that's better suited for the socket. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KZfCYr

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Okay, @Dont Taze Me Bro, here's an attempt to stay under $1500 with a blu ray drive and Windows 10. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRJGCy

Still got you with a Ryzen 7 1700 with a beast of a cooler.  Saved a couple hundred on the GPU going with the GTX 1080 instead of the 1080 TI.  Still a heck of a card.

@Mr. Sinister, I made a slight modification to yours.  Seems there's a different version of the cooler that's better suited for the socket. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KZfCYr

Nice dawg!  Thanks for looking into that for me.  I was playing around and was going to go with a 1080 instead too, it's not the TI but second best imo.  Definitely is leaps and bounds ahead of my current set-up.  

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Nice dawg!  Thanks for looking into that for me.  I was playing around and was going to go with a 1080 instead too, it's not the TI but second best imo.  Definitely is leaps and bounds ahead of my current set-up.  

It was either the GTX 1080 or the Vega 64, but seems the coin miners already drove up the price of the Vega from it's MSRP $500 to $700.

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

What's so good about it?

Pretty much everything. 4.5x as powerful as the OG Xbox One. 40% more powerful than the PS4 Pro. Should be capable of native 4k gaming on some titles, and 4k upscaled (still fantastic for visuals) on others. This will allow for higher framerates than are what's possible on the regular XBO as well, if developers decide to go that route. It's much more future proofed. If you have a 4k TV, and want to make the best of it, it's a very good purchase. Even if you just have a 1080p set, supersampling will make current games still look noticeably better on it. I don't know if MS will try to go the VR route with it, but it's a nice piece of tech if you want to take advantage of the extra power and increased visual fidelity.

That being said, the X will play the same games as the regular xbox, so you won't be missing out on games. They'll just look better on the new console.

39 minutes ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

So who pre-ordered the Xbox One X.

I pre-ordered through best buy last night. Nov 7th cant come soon enough. 

I'm trying to see when amazon will get more in stock. Best buy was sold out when I logged on yesterday.

On 8/16/2017 at 0:14 PM, Warhead36 said:

How do people feel about Destiny 2? With summer coming to an end I kinda want another game to dive into. I didn't play the first Destiny too much as it was too grind-y for my tastes.

I have preordered it, and will play through the story but probably do little else. I did not enjoy the PvP in the beta, and if little has changed the game releases I will skip it. 

1 hour ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

So who pre-ordered the Xbox One X.

I pre-ordered through best buy last night. Nov 7th cant come soon enough. 

I haven't preordered, but I will get it Nov 7th. I plan on trading in my current Xbox one, and without knowing if the current trade in values will change or not, I'd rather not do a preorder I may need to cancel. 

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Pretty much everything. 4.5x as powerful as the OG Xbox One. 40% more powerful than the PS4 Pro. Should be capable of native 4k gaming on some titles, and 4k upscaled (still fantastic for visuals) on others. This will allow for higher framerates than are what's possible on the regular XBO as well, if developers decide to go that route. It's much more future proofed. If you have a 4k TV, and want to make the best of it, it's a very good purchase. Even if you just have a 1080p set, supersampling will make current games still look noticeably better on it. I don't know if MS will try to go the VR route with it, but it's a nice piece of tech if you want to take advantage of the extra power and increased visual fidelity.

That being said, the X will play the same games as the regular xbox, so you won't be missing out on games. They'll just look better on the new console.

I'm trying to see when amazon will get more in stock. Best buy was sold out when I logged on yesterday.

Cool.  Thanks for that.

Intel just announced the new cpu's, from what I'm reading there will be a significant performance increase from the 6th and 7th gen to the new 8th gen series, if your looking to buy you may want to wait until they release in October, supposedly they are pricing them around $350 to keep it relative to AMD's new version of the Ryzen cpu.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-14nm-coffee-lake-release-date

qSQrcvB.png

Question about VR via PC.  Our boy @PokerPacker hooked me up with a nice PC build that will handle VR and 4K gaming, but how does the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive hook up to the PC?  I was looking at the Rift and it said that you needed 1 HDMI output , 3 USB 3.0 ports and 1 USB 2.0 ports.  

Does the headset itself have that many required connections at one time?  

@Xameil PsVR for me. I still have not played Fallout 4 or DOOM ( though i actually have it, just have yet to play it). Im just gonna trade it in.

Haven't played Skyrim in awhile, and wanted two more runs as a battlemage/Daedric cultist in Winterhold, and an Imperial that runs with the Companions and the Dark Brotherhood.

Bethesda kicks ass

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@Xameil PsVR for me. I still have not played Fallout 4 or DOOM ( though i actually have it, just have yet to play it). Im just gonna trade it in.

Haven't played Skyrim in awhile, and wanted two more runs as a battlemage/Daedric cultist in Winterhold, and an Imperial that runs with the Companions and the Dark Brotherhood.

Bethesda kicks ass

Let me know when you get the PSVR. I can try and do a game share with some of the ones I already have.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Just a PS4 as far as far as I know

That's cool then.  I couldn't justify buying a new PS4 and dropping $400 on VR too if the new PS was required.  Would have had to decide between the new PC gaming rig or that.  At least now I can wait until after Christmas and look at getting the PSVR.  

Archived