Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Some of y'all may be interested to know that Nintendo announced an SNES classic mini thingie.  Got some decent games on there and all, but what really stood out to me is that they included Starfox 2, a previously unreleased game on the SNES that they killed back at the end of the SNES's life cycle because they didn't want it to compete with Starfox 64 that was supposed to release in a similar time frame (before it got delayed).  A ROM of the a beta version of the game did eventually leak out to the public, but this will be its first official release, over two decades later.

Are you serious? That's pretty awesome they are including Star Fox 2.

edit: here is the full list:

• Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • EarthBound
  • Final Fantasy III
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Mega Man X
  • Secret of Mana
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out
  • Yoshi's Island

would have liked to see the entire DKC trilogy make it but otherwise that list is solid. Really happy super Mario RPG made the cut 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Are you serious? That's pretty awesome they are including Star Fox 2.

would have liked to see the entire DKC trilogy make it but otherwise that list is solid. Really happy super Mario RPG made the cut 

Nintendo isn't playing around this year (well, figuratively; I assume they always are in a literal sense).  Keep dropping bomb after bomb on us.

As for the game list, it's pretty solid overall; managed to get most of the iconic series covered.  Chrono Trigger would have been nice, but I'm sure a lot of people are happy about Earthbound and Mario RPG (and of course I always have to brag about having two copies of it).

24 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Some of y'all may be interested to know that Nintendo announced an SNES classic mini thingie.  Got some decent games on there and all, but what really stood out to me is that they included Starfox 2, a previously unreleased game on the SNES that they killed back at the end of the SNES's life cycle because they didn't want it to compete with Starfox 64 that was supposed to release in a similar time frame (before it got delayed).  A ROM of the a beta version of the game did eventually leak out to the public, but this will be its first official release, over two decades later.

If they market it like the NES Classic, then **** them.  And by that I mean knowingly not creating enough supply for the demand in the beginning and then deciding to just quit making anymore.  Driving the price up on it, if you want to buy on a secondary market.

8 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Nintendo isn't playing around this year (well, figuratively; I assume they always are in a literal sense).  Keep dropping bomb after bomb on us.

As for the game list, it's pretty solid overall; managed to get most of the iconic series covered.  Chrono Trigger would have been nice, but I'm sure a lot of people are happy about Earthbound and Mario RPG (and of course I always have to brag about having two copies of it).

They claimed that they never anticipated that the NES Classic would be so popular and **** on everyone and discontinued it.  I predict the same outcome with this as well.  Which will be another bull**** excuse like the lame ass one last year.  Yes, I'm pissed off I couldn't find one to buy.  

13 hours ago, Springfield said:

I want that.  Never wanted the NES.

I wanted both.  I really wanted the NES one for Tazette more than myself, so she could experience the same games.  I know I can get emulators/roms/etc.  But just wanted the old school console with controllers approach.

Just finished prey for the ps4.

The good, the environments are awesome. Graphics are great. If you enjoy games that include multiple side missions in addition to main goals, this is your game.

The bad, characters are unrealistic. There are several glitches throughout the game. Creatures aren't very imaginative.

Overall, not a bad game. Wouldn't pay over $30 for it though. Going to take awhile to finish and has the replayability you want. 

2 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Just finished prey for the ps4.

The good, the environments are awesome. Graphics are great. If you enjoy games that include multiple side missions in addition to main goals, this is your game.

The bad, characters are unrealistic. There are several glitches throughout the game. Creatures aren't very imaginative.

Overall, not a bad game. Wouldn't pay over $30 for it though. Going to take awhile to finish and has the replayability you want. 

What do you mean the characters aren't realistic? Do you mean graphically or the way they are written? 

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What do you mean the characters aren't realistic? Do you mean graphically or the way they are written? 

Graphically. Feels like characters badly drawn. As far as written, the story is a bit out there, but not so much that it takes away from the game experience.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:50 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Until Dawn is free on PS Plus this month. 

The telltale Game of Thrones is also free this month (all episodes) 

Both of those are really good, and a great deal free. I got a couple of my friends to finally give Untik Dawn a shot. They're kicking themselves for not listening to me sooner. 

7 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Both of those are really good, and a great deal free. I got a couple of my friends to finally give Untik Dawn a shot. They're kicking themselves for not listening to me sooner. 

I agree on Until Dawn. I have only played episode 1 of GoT tho, so I am really looking forward to finishing that up. Seems like a series that lends itself well to the TT model 

My PS4 ID is still GACOLB.

I have all the games but I've never really gotten into multiplayer anything. Would really like to change that but no idea where to start. If someone is willing to help me on that front, hey just throw me a line. I'd really appreciate it. 

On 7/6/2017 at 1:08 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I agree on Until Dawn. I have only played episode 1 of GoT tho, so I am really looking forward to finishing that up. Seems like a series that lends itself well to the TT model 

Is there a bad Tell Tales game? I mean some are better than others but all the ones I've checked out have been quality games. 

42 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Is there a bad Tell Tales game? I mean some are better than others but all the ones I've checked out have been quality games. 

I haven't played a bad one yet. Still need to play the Batman one actually. But I think GoT with his dialogue heavy, political scheming etc is a perfect fit for TT where there isn't a ton do do gameplay wise 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I haven't played a bad one yet. Still need to play the Batman one actually. But I think GoT with his dialogue heavy, political scheming etc is a perfect fit for TT where there isn't a ton do do gameplay wise 

Yeah Batman and GoT are the two I haven't played yet, though I've started both and dicked around with them a little. Def looking forward to it. 

I think the a Borderlands game is still my favorite TT game. I really got into that one. And I haven't played any of the Borderlands series and know nothing about the universe (the TT game most definitely got them on my list though.) 

5 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

My PS4 ID is still GACOLB.

I have all the games but I've never really gotten into multiplayer anything. Would really like to change that but no idea where to start. If someone is willing to help me on that front, hey just throw me a line. I'd really appreciate it. 

I will add you.  Anyone else?

17 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I liked the Batman one. Picked it up for $5 when Telltale had a sale earlier this year. 

I just recently finished TWD: A New Frontier. I really enjoyed that one, despite having a restart from episode one due to an error that occurred installing Episode 5. The only TT game I thought was meh, was TWD Season 2. Everything else has been from good to excellent. 

Archived