Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

On PC?  And what mods do you use?

PS4. On Special Edition you can get mods directly from the game. I'm using a bunch. Ordinator adds a ton of new perks and overhauls the perk trees. Its like, 400 new perks or something crazy. There's one that adds more spells and makes magic combat better, and another that makes combat in general more fluid and brutal. Then there are simple ones like increased horse speed, automatic fast travel gained to all cities, clearer map, etc. And then of course your usual bug fix ones.

Taze - I am headed out of town for the week but will pick it up when i get back if you are still playing it lol

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its amazing how much better Skyrim is with mods.

Is there a mod to remove spiders? I know on PC there is one that removes them and a different one that replaces them with wolves and bears and ****. 

I haven't been able to confirm if those mods have made their way to console yet. 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

PS4. On Special Edition you can get mods directly from the game. I'm using a bunch. Ordinator adds a ton of new perks and overhauls the perk trees. Its like, 400 new perks or something crazy. There's one that adds more spells and makes magic combat better, and another that makes combat in general more fluid and brutal. Then there are simple ones like increased horse speed, automatic fast travel gained to all cities, clearer map, etc. And then of course your usual bug fix ones.

Now I want the game 

Ok...i know i am probably the only PSVR owner, but just wanted to say Farpoint is AWESOME. It's a great start for a first person shooter using a VR gun. Only major downfall is needs more then just a single player and a co-op. Would love if they did a multiplayer.

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Anthem looks cool and all but I remember how awesome The Division looked when it first debuted at E3 and what a letdown it turned into. And its XBox only anyway, so meh.

Different developers and publishers. Ubisoft has a history of changing a lot of stuff between E3 and launch. Bioware Edmonton is a solid studio that has turned out hits like KOTOR and the Mass Effect trilogy, I think their resume speaks towards how that game will turn out. I liked The Division, but I will admit it was not everything Ubisoft showed at E3. The big difference was Massive Entertainment was an extremely inexperienced studio and Bioware Edmonton is not. That kind of comparison is like looking at every game Sony will show at their conference and saying "Well I remember No Mans sky...." 

Also, Anthem is probably a timed exclusive for Xbox the way Destiny is a timed exclusive for PlayStation. So you can still play it on PS4. 

43 minutes ago, codeorama said:

Xbox X, too little too late.  I have the xbox one but I'm much more invested in PS.  99.9% of my friends are on playstation and that's the end of that.

Yeah, on the inverse, that's how I felt about the PS4 Pro. Most of the people I play with play on Xbox, and my PS4 is fine. Except the XOX looks to be a much bigger jump from Xbox one to XOX, than PS4 to Pro. 

19 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Yeah, on the inverse, that's how I felt about the PS4 Pro. Most of the people I play with play on Xbox, and my PS4 is fine. Except the XOX looks to be a much bigger jump from Xbox one to XOX, than PS4 to Pro. 

I have the PS4 Pro only because my day 1 ps4 finally died.  Its a jump, but not so much that I would have upgraded if I didn't need to.

IF I was invested in the Xbox, in terms of friends, I would probably consider the new upgrade because it clearly is more powerful, but the problem is, how many game makers are actually going to significantly take advantage of the new system?  I know Destiny 2 isn't, at least that's what they said.  

Regardless, its a moot point for me, i have people that I play with on a regular basis and I'm not about to change for a modest performance boost.

5 minutes ago, codeorama said:

I have the PS4 Pro only because my day 1 ps4 finally died.  Its a jump, but not so much that I would have upgraded if I didn't need to.

IF I was invested in the Xbox, in terms of friends, I would probably consider the new upgrade because it clearly is more powerful, but the problem is, how many game makers are actually going to significantly take advantage of the new system?  I know Destiny 2 isn't, at least that's what they said.  

So far, it looks like Destiny 2 is the only game that has stated to not take advantage of the XOX extra resources. Phil Spencer stated in their conference yesterday that some older games would get upgrades to 4K and 60fps. I guess we'll see which future multi-plat games follow suit with Bungie. Although IMO, that has more to do with their deal with Sony than any technical reason or time spent to make that version 4K/60fps. 

Edit: Now that I think more about it. I think the only thing confirmed was the Pro wouldn't run any different than the PS4. I thought there wasn't a clear answer or not answered at all about the then Scorpio, now XOX. 

31 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

So far, it looks like Destiny 2 is the only game that has stated to not take advantage of the XOX extra resources. Phil Spencer stated in their conference yesterday that some older games would get upgrades to 4K and 60fps. I guess we'll see which future multi-plat games follow suit with Bungie. Although IMO, that has more to do with their deal with Sony than any technical reason or time spent to make that version 4K/60fps. 

Edit: Now that I think more about it. I think the only thing confirmed was the Pro wouldn't run any different than the PS4. I thought there wasn't a clear answer or not answered at all about the then Scorpio, now XOX. 

PS4 pro has obviously better graphics compared to regular PS4.  Beyond that, I don't notice.  The graphic upgrades are nice but not necessary.  Sometimes, IMO, better graphics doesn't always equate to better.  For consoles, I think the number one factor is which system your friends play on IF you are a multiplayer gamer.  Destiny ruined me from single player campaign games. Hard to go back.  I don't really enjoy them anymore.  Also, the Show is a PS exclusive. Xbox has no sports game remotely as good as the Show (IMO of course)

Also, Bungie is anti Microsoft it seems.  If they don't upgrade for the new xbox, its because of their PS exclusives.  As of now, there are still weapons, strikes and other content that never made its way to xbox on Destiny.

8 minutes ago, codeorama said:

PS4 pro has obviously better graphics compared to regular PS4.  Beyond that, I don't notice.  The graphic upgrades are nice but not necessary.  Sometimes, IMO, better graphics doesn't always equate to better.  For consoles, I think the number one factor is which system your friends play on IF you are a multiplayer gamer.  Destiny ruined me from single player campaign games. Hard to go back.  I don't really enjoy them anymore.  Also, the Show is a PS exclusive. Xbox has no sports game remotely as good as the Show (IMO of course)

Also, Bungie is anti Microsoft it seems.  If they don't upgrade for the new xbox, its because of their PS exclusives.  As of now, there are still weapons, strikes and other content that never made its way to xbox on Destiny.

The PS4 exclusivity deal is for content, I don't see how that would extend to intentionally not making the game perform to the best of their capabilities. But hey, you may be right and they may have an axe to grind due to a messy breakup with Microsoft as their publisher. I hope it's just Activision, being unprofessional and forcing the issue, than Bungie really being that petty. 

I think frame rate is a better deal than the visuals. I like a smooth experience, and I think being locked in 60fps is a bigger impact on a game than 4K. Especially when less than 10% of console gamers are playing on a 4K tv at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

The PS4 exclusivity deal is for content, I don't see how that would extend to intentionally not making the game perform to the best of their capabilities. But hey, you may be right and they may have an axe to grind due to a messy breakup with Microsoft as their publisher. I hope it's just Activision, being unprofessional and forcing the issue, than Bungie really being that petty. 

I think frame rate is a better deal than the visuals. I like a smooth experience, and I think being locked in 60fps is a bigger impact on a game than 4K. Especially when less than 10% of console gamers are playing on a 4K tv at the moment. 

Oh god, you hit a nerve with me... I think framerate is extremely overrated.  I don't think a lot of people can legitimately perceive the difference between 30 and 60 fps and in addition, many games claiming to run at 60 fps DO NOT in fact run at 60 fps most of the time.  What gets people is that when framerate drops it is noticeable and Bungie made the decision to limit Destiny 2 at 30 fps. When it was revealed and many of the streamers that play games for a living went to the reveal and played the console version themselves, the vast majority could NOT determine if it was 30 or 60.  There was a lot of tweets saying it was obviously 60 fps based on the game play only to be refuted by Bungie.  They locked it at 30 because they didn't want drops in frame rate.  I honestly can barely tell the difference and TBH, in a lot of cases, I think Destiny's 30 looks better than lets say Infinite Warfare's 60.  

IMO, way overblown.

If FPS is a big deal, you shouldn't be playing on console IMO.

12 minutes ago, codeorama said:

Oh god, you hit a nerve with me... I think framerate is extremely overrated.  I don't think a lot of people can legitimately perceive the difference between 30 and 60 fps and in addition, many games claiming to run at 60 fps DO NOT in fact run at 60 fps most of the time.  What gets people is that when framerate drops it is noticeable and Bungie made the decision to limit Destiny 2 at 30 fps. When it was revealed and many of the streamers that play games for a living went to the reveal and played the console version themselves, the vast majority could NOT determine if it was 30 or 60.  There was a lot of tweets saying it was obviously 60 fps based on the game play only to be refuted by Bungie.  They locked it at 30 because they didn't want drops in frame rate.  I honestly can barely tell the difference and TBH, in a lot of cases, I think Destiny's 30 looks better than lets say Infinite Warfare's 60.  

IMO, way overblown.

If FPS is a big deal, you shouldn't be playing on console IMO.

I disagree completely. I can tell the difference between 30 and 60. I know a lot of people can't, I'm not one of them. I also don't think it's too much to ask for a console to hit benchmarks that aren't exactly groundbreaking. Bungie has always touted the 30fps line, since back when they were making Halo. So I'm not surprised they feel that way. I on the other hand, know that hardware limitations are the only reason why a 30fps Destiny would have better resolution and overall a more realistic environment than a 60fps Infinite Warfare. As a developer in an interview once said, with consoles and for a long time with PCs you had to choose which one you valued more, the frame rate or the visuals. You couldn't have both. But now, we are entering a time where the hardware provided can do both. High end PCs and the XOX can do both, forgive me if I don't concede to their excuses why it shouldn't. 

8 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I disagree completely. I can tell the difference between 30 and 60. I know a lot of people can't, I'm not one of them. I also don't think it's too much to ask for a console to hit benchmarks that aren't exactly groundbreaking. Bungie has always touted the 30fps line, since back when they were making Halo. So I'm not surprised they feel that way. I on the other hand, know that hardware limitations are the only reason why a 30fps Destiny would have better resolution and overall a more realistic environment than a 60fps Infinite Warfare. As a developer in an interview once said, with consoles and for a long time with PCs you had to choose which one you valued more, the frame rate or the visuals. You couldn't have both. But now, we are entering a time where the hardware provided can do both. High end PCs and the XOX can do both, forgive me if I don't concede to their excuses why it shouldn't. 

One of my friends is like you, it bothers him greatly. The other people I play with could care less. They are only concerned about how the game looks and plays, not the numbers. 
Like I said, when you have streamers that play competitive PVP Destiny and make tons of money and they thought D2 was 60fps after playing it hands on,  and tweeted as such, that says everything I need to know.

Personally I'm not a fan of new consoles that are just upgrades over previous ones. I'm still rocking my original PS4.

That co op game where you play with someone else to break out of jail looks really cool. That's the game I can't wait to play the most.

6 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I'm definitely more in camp framerate. 60FPS games will always have much better controller response, and the fluidity of those extra frames really is quite nice. There's always going to be input lag from 30FPS games, since a TV's natural refresh rate doesn't sync with it. I'd rather have a 1080p/1440p game at 60 FPS than 4k @ 30. I really hope developers utilize the extra power for smoother gameplay, than just trying to achieve max resolution, though I suppose there are benefits to both approaches.

Archived