Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

PSVR works very well on PS4. The graphics are better on the Pro, but that's it. It's like going from HD to 4k. It's noticeable depending on the game, but doesn't lessen the wow factor. I still find myself looking around the ****pit of the game I play most in awe of the details. 

Edit: I play on a PS4 Original.

2 hours ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Gamestop is giving $100 for your old Xbox if you trade it towards a Xbox X. 

Amazon is currently giving $125. But I'm not sure those trade-in values are going to remain fixed until November. I don't really want to go 3 months without my xbox. 

For the VR interested...

I've discussed with one of my PSVR friends who just went to PC VR.

He bought a top of the line rig and top video card. He said that the VR was a big improvement since he is getting 1080p in both eyes now instead of 1080p combined.

So, it will definitely depend on your rig for which route to take.

Me personally, I'm holding out to see if the rumors are true regarding PS5 and PSVR 2.0 since I really don't have the gaming time to justify dropping 2k on a gaming rig

21 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

@PokerPacker  Tested the wife tonight and said that I thought I'd get the best vid card out there and spend around $1700 on a new rig......she just gave me a look and said I sucked, so its a green light.  I modified the build you originally provided.  Should this work pretty good?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HBgTyf

Yeah, that should work.  Guess you wound up "finding" enough money for the '1080 ti' after all.

Destiny 2 in less than 2 weeks.  So excited.

Played the WW2 beta yesterday... YUK.

Headglitching, laying down, campfest.  Graphics are not even all that great.  I hate to say this because I was very much a hater of the advanced movement games, but as I've gotten used to them, the advanced movement helped to minimize the headglitching and laying down etc because you can travel on different vision planes.  WW2 rewards crouching in corners and hiding. IMO, that is boring as hell.

On 8/24/2017 at 1:20 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

@PokerPacker  Tested the wife tonight and said that I thought I'd get the best vid card out there and spend around $1700 on a new rig......she just gave me a look and said I sucked, so its a green light.  I modified the build you originally provided.  Should this work pretty good?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HBgTyf

Wow that's a kick ass setup and pretty much exactly what I'm doing come the holidays. Except I'm an intel CPU guy because I cannot stand AMD anything. I'm biased though as I had a **** AMD graphics card once that just soured me towards their entire brand. Plus their GPU driver support is a pile of horse**** as well. I know we are talking CPU here, but I've always just figured if they are pathetic in one area I don't see why they wouldn't be in the other. Again, biased opinion and have fun with that beast.

So I'm going to get Destiny 2 on PS4 pro and am new to the series. Any tips? If I like it I'll also be picking it up on PC at the end of October because the devs have pretty much said that's the superior version being 4K 60fps. Wanted to use this as a head start to get used to the game since I didn't play the first one. Is the PVE fun? I'm more of a PVE fan than PVP.

31 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Wow that's a kick ass setup and pretty much exactly what I'm doing come the holidays. Except I'm an intel CPU guy because I cannot stand AMD anything. I'm biased though as I had a **** AMD graphics card once that just soured me towards their entire brand. Plus their GPU driver support is a pile of horse**** as well. I know we are talking CPU here, but I've always just figured if they are pathetic in one area I don't see why they wouldn't be in the other. Again, biased opinion and have fun with that beast.

So I'm going to get Destiny 2 on PS4 pro and am new to the series. Any tips? If I like it I'll also be picking it up on PC at the end of October because the devs have pretty much said that's the superior version being 4K 60fps. Wanted to use this as a head start to get used to the game since I didn't play the first one. Is the PVE fun? I'm more of a PVE fan than PVP.

PvE story line is fun, but short.  The best, most challenging PvE comes in raids and strikes, but the best ones require a fireteam (co-op) to complete.  Some are extremely difficult and requires each person to do certain tasks flawlessly or the team wipes.  @codeorama is one of the best sources on the PvE aspect of Destiny as I was mainly only doing PvP through The Crucible.  

But the most fun I had was grouping up with @codeorama, @DaGoonie55 , Code's son and some of their crew, and taking on some of the PvE raids/strikes.

Cool thanks for the info, I figured it was setup like MMORPGs where you just want to get to the endgame for the most part. Destiny 2 is the one I was looking forward to like Battlefront 2. Seems like both of the base first games in those series were just trying to lay down a good foundation to build off of and now here we are.

16 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Cool thanks for the info, I figured it was setup like MMORPGs where you just want to get to the endgame for the most part. Destiny 2 is the one I was looking forward to like Battlefront 2. Seems like both of the base first games in those series were just trying to lay down a good foundation to build off of and now here we are.

You can level up in character level and your light level (separate) through both PvE and PvP, and do it entirely how you want to do it.  I want to say that on your first character you had to get to a character level of 7 before you could participate in the Crucible (PvP game modes).  I chose to do the story mode only when I had to and leveled almost completely through PvP.  Went back and did the quests/Story mode to get my light level up on my weapons/armor.  There was a lot of content as they had multiple expansions.  

Story mode, you could also switch difficulty (easy, hard, impossible - think it was those) that would stretch it out, but that changed with one of the expansions.  Battlefront was highly disappointing, Battlefront 2 should right the wrong.  But Destiny was a solid game and a great one imo.

On a side note, ordered all the parts for my gaming rig yesterday.  Just got the graphics card, motherboard and CPU, optical drive is out for delivery.  Rest will come tomorrow except the RAM and OS, which both come Wednesday.  Pretty pumped up.  Flipping delivery guy left it outside at the front door and never bothered to ring the doorbell (wife, daughter and I have been downstairs all day) to let me know it was there.   

Just a 1080ti sitting there, no big deal. Didn't Destiny start out kind of rough though and ended up a pretty good game after expansions though? That's what I meant. When they announced it to be a trilogy I figured it would really hit its stride with the 2nd game.

7 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Just a 1080ti sitting there, no big deal. Didn't Destiny start out kind of rough though and ended up a pretty good game after expansions though? That's what I meant. When they announced it to be a trilogy I figured it would really hit its stride with the 2nd game.

I pvp'd as quickly as possible so I enjoyed it from the get go.  But I think there may have been some with issues of lack of content early on ( talking pve).

On 8/25/2017 at 9:59 PM, Springfield said:

Nentindo is dumb.  That is all.

Just you wait 'til I get back on the ice at Fairfax or wherever you're playing these days.  I'll make you eat those words.

12 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

AMD recently turned a corner this past year.  New kickass CPU architecture, new kickass GPU architecture, and they've made a big effort to reach out to the open source community with a new open-source GPU driver stack that is quickly improving by leaps and bounds.  I'm just really pleased with how far they've come in the past year providing solid competition to both Intel CPUs and nVidia GPUs.

7 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Just you wait 'til I get back on the ice at Fairfax or wherever you're playing these days.  I'll make you eat those words.

Why cant they just make enough systems to go around.  I want a SNES!

PS:  Both Fairfax and Reston.  If you're looking for a team I have room on my Fairfax team.  ?

I'm ridiculously hyped for Destiny 2.  Destiny 1 was my favorite game of all time.  More hours in that than any other game.

I have ZERO interest in playing Destiny on a PC.  Keyboard and Mouse sucks. I can't state enough how much I hate playing with a keyboard and mouse. It is so annoying. And yes,  I have played many games on PC and used keyboard and mouse, but for shooters, can't stand it.  Playing destiny on PS4 feels SO good.  Using a controller is so much more natural and I can respect the people who are good with First Person Shooters on a console as opposed to K&M.  I've been watching the PC game play and honestly, it looks too polished.  Fakeish/too clean.  I'm not into that.  Destiny is a gritty far future apocalyptical setting and I'm 100 percent fine with the graphics. What's most important to me in regards to Destiny is the people I play with.  ALL of my clanmates are on ps4 and that's where I'll be. Destiny is not a game for single player experiences. Its a shared experience game.  If anyone wants to get into Destiny, my best advice is to find between 2 and 5 other people that you enjoy playing with.  Greatest game ever.  

And EFF Pc.  Already, the beta for PC is out and they have data-mined it. Thanks jackasses.  One of the joys of playing Destiny is the clues and other bits of info that outs there to speculate and wonder about, and just like that, PC asses just spill everything. I'm really glad the PC release is delayed so they won't ruin the first Raid.  Wish it wasn't coming to PC at all...

On 8/28/2017 at 1:41 AM, PokerPacker said:

AMD recently turned a corner this past year.  New kickass CPU architecture, new kickass GPU architecture, and they've made a big effort to reach out to the open source community with a new open-source GPU driver stack that is quickly improving by leaps and bounds.  I'm just really pleased with how far they've come in the past year providing solid competition to both Intel CPUs and nVidia GPUs.

This is my first ever true build, talking about buying everything and putting it all together.  All the parts ended up coming yesterday, only thing I'm waiting on is Windows 10 and a pack of SATA cables I ordered (only got 2 with all the parts, need 3).  

I have a couple of questions.  That Deepcool Kendomen case I bought came with 5 pre-installed case fans.  Do you connect case fans directly to the motherboard?  Or the PSU?  And do I need all those fans with the Noctua CPU cooler?  

Which brings up my next question, that Noctua CPU cooler is ginormous lol, two heat sinks and up to two fans (second one optional).  Last night I got the motherboard, PSU and CPU installed.  Hooked up all the case LEDs/Power/Reset switches, the USB ports and audio to the motherboard.  Popped in the RAM.  I was saving the cooler for last, to see if it will fit, which I think it should be fine with the heat sinks and one fan in-between them, I don't think the second fan will fit with the 1080 ti card.  It also is going to be really close on height, and at first glance appears that it might not fit in the case (it's 166mm) even though it shows compatible on parts picker.  

Lets assume it fits, would the side case being right on it mess anything up?  I don't want to ruin any parts.  

Edit:  I can connect the case fans to both the motherboard (4 connections) or the PSU.  Got three of the five connected to the slots on the motherboard with the 4 pin connector.  The other two are connected together and are positioned with the connector where the power supply goes, so I'll connect those to the PSU.  Still worried about that cpu cooler not fitting though.

5 minutes ago, codeorama said:

I'm ridiculously hyped for Destiny 2.  Destiny 1 was my favorite game of all time.  More hours in that than any other game.

I have ZERO interest in playing Destiny on a PC.  Keyboard and Mouse sucks. I can't state enough how much I hate playing with a keyboard and mouse. It is so annoying. And yes,  I have played many games on PC and used keyboard and mouse, but for shooters, can't stand it.  Playing destiny on PS4 feels SO good.  Using a controller is so much more natural and I can respect the people who are good with First Person Shooters on a console as opposed to K&M.  I've been watching the PC game play and honestly, it looks too polished.  Fakeish/too clean.  I'm not into that.  Destiny is a gritty far future apocalyptical setting and I'm 100 percent fine with the graphics. What's most important to me in regards to Destiny is the people I play with.  ALL of my clanmates are on ps4 and that's where I'll be. Destiny is not a game for single player experiences. Its a shared experience game.  If anyone wants to get into Destiny, my best advice is to find between 2 and 5 other people that you enjoy playing with.  Greatest game ever.  

And EFF Pc.  Already, the beta for PC is out and they have data-mined it. Thanks jackasses.  One of the joys of playing Destiny is the clues and other bits of info that outs there to speculate and wonder about, and just like that, PC asses just spill everything. I'm really glad the PC release is delayed so they won't ruin the first Raid.  Wish it wasn't coming to PC at all...

You can use your Xbox One controllers on PC :)    Also, its going to run at 4K with 60 fps, on a good gaming rig.

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You can use your Xbox One controllers on PC :)    Also, its going to run at 4K with 60 fps, on a good gaming rig.

I'm big into PVP and there's no way I'm going to go up against people using mouse and keyboard.  The mouse makes the aiming so unfair.  It actually takes skill to play FPS's on a controller.  Also, as Ive stated before, I don't have any issues with the graphics and don't care about the "numbers". I either like the game or I don't and I love Destiny, loved the D2 beta and don't care what the Frames per second are.

Just now, codeorama said:

I'm big into PVP and there's no way I'm going to go up against people using mouse and keyboard.  The mouse makes the aiming so unfair.  It actually takes skill to play FPS's on a controller.  Also, as Ive stated before, I don't have any issues with the graphics and don't care about the "numbers". I either like the game or I don't and I love Destiny, loved the D2 beta and don't care what the Frames per second are.

While I don't disagree that mice are too accurate, shooters that use a controller have an aim-assist function to them.  That's why I really liked the idea of the Wii's IR-pointing for shooters; didn't suffer from the overly-accurate mouse and didn't require aim assist.  Plus with the deadzone box built in, it was nice to be able to shoot at things that weren't in the center of the screen.

Archived