Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

11 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Thanks for the reply broski. Was looking at the Seagates, but not sure what the warranty is on those, or others. I've read less than stellar things about Seagate so far online as far as their warranty and failure rates.

If I do the external storage... do I need to re-install everything to that drive? Like, I can't have 4-5 games loaded onto the consoles HD, and then 15-20 on the external and switch between?

I've never had a problem with any seagate drives I've bought *knocks on wood*  You don't have to re-install anything on that drive unless you want to run it off that drive.  You can keep games loaded on the internal and switch between drives if you want to.  I chose to move all my games to the external drive and set it as the primary drive on my XB1 so I wouldn't have to flip flop around, but really that's just a personal preference.

As far as copying games from internal to external drives, its easy and very fast, like a 4-5 minutes or so per game (if that - think it was way faster, but Im old and cant remember). 

17 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I've never had a problem with any seagate drives I've bought *knocks on wood*  You don't have to re-install anything on that drive unless you want to run it off that drive.  You can keep games loaded on the internal and switch between drives if you want to.  I chose to move all my games to the external drive and set it as the primary drive on my XB1 so I wouldn't have to flip flop around, but really that's just a personal preference.

As far as copying games from internal to external drives, its easy and very fast, like a 4-5 minutes or so per game (if that - think it was way faster, but Im old and cant remember). 

Just bought a Seagate 2TB for 69.99 on Amazon, should be here soon!

Thinking of copping Destiny 2 as well. Never played the first.

My PS3 didn't make the journey with me to the new digs. Model was just way too obsolete and cumbersome, and collecting dust. Only whipped it out to play ME, which i did back in Feb.

Since they torpedoed Andromeda (which i happened to like a lot, and now regret having wasted my $$ now that that project is no more), I really wish they'd get to work on a PS4 special edition port, maybe something similar to Skyrim, that allows the use of mods, and the Xbox exclusive access missions and weapons.

Are they that clueless as to how much of a relatively effortless gold mine they are standing on?

I really don't want to have buy a new PS3 just to play one game

2 hours ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Finally hit Plat in R6. Only took my roughly two years. 

Congrats! I know this girl who streams herself playing that on Twitch. She's got like 2k followers. I couldn't get into that game, but even if it was my fav game I couldn't play it as much as she does. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Anybody here play that DBZ? Looking for a couple more games on psn that i know i probably won't play until 2020

I played the first one (im assuming you mean the MMO jank, cant think of the name) and it was awesome. I just havent had time for more than the games im stuck on currently but I do hear the second one is even better. 

Now that I got everything set-up with the kiddo's Xbox, we can game together.  I really wanted her to play Rainbow Six Siege with me, she tried the tutorial last night, and didn't do that good at all.  Also asked me about 100 questions in a 15 min span :ols:  

She also doesn't have any patience on figuring out how things work, she is a perfectionist that thinks she should be able to pick anything up and after a few tries.  Benefit of the doubt, she's only 9 years old.  So, was thinking about an easier game we could play together online.  Rocket League is a no brainer, easy and fun. 

Was looking at racing games, does anyone have any recommendations?  I'd like it to be geared more towards kids than actual sim, but if it's one that's easy to play or pick up pretty easy, and has good multiplayer online numbers, I'm all ears.  I thought about Forza, Project Cars 2, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, Ride 2, but not sure how tough those would be for her.  

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I played the first one (im assuming you mean the MMO jank, cant think of the name) and it was awesome. I just havent had time for more than the games im stuck on currently but I do hear the second one is even better. 

Hmm, maybe. I was thinking of the Xenoverse franchise, which i assumed was the only DBZ out. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Hmm, maybe. I was thinking of the Xenoverse franchise, which i assumed was the only DBZ out. 

Yea thats what I was talking about. Its like an MMO so thats what i meant my bad. It is the only one out at the moment but there is a new one coming out that is a 2d fighter in a few months. 

Edit: Think 2k my player/ Park mode + DBZ Budokai 

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Now that I got everything set-up with the kiddo's Xbox, we can game together.  I really wanted her to play Rainbow Six Siege with me, she tried the tutorial last night, and didn't do that good at all.  Also asked me about 100 questions in a 15 min span :ols:  

She also doesn't have any patience on figuring out how things work, she is a perfectionist that thinks she should be able to pick anything up and after a few tries.  Benefit of the doubt, she's only 9 years old.  So, was thinking about an easier game we could play together online.  Rocket League is a no brainer, easy and fun. 

Was looking at racing games, does anyone have any recommendations?  I'd like it to be geared more towards kids than actual sim, but if it's one that's easy to play or pick up pretty easy, and has good multiplayer online numbers, I'm all ears.  I thought about Forza, Project Cars 2, Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, Ride 2, but not sure how tough those would be for her.  

Dunno if it's on XBone, but Driveclub is pretty good. Very good difficulty scaling/preference so everyone can enjoy.

5 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Buy a switch and crank up some Mario Kart. Name a more iconic racing franchise...

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Ahh, cool. So how close is it to the true DBZ experience?

If you liked Budokai you will like Xenoverse for sure. I really cant say anything negative about it other than it plays with the lore a bit. You have the characters from Movies and the series (excluding GT if i remember correctly), the moves, the voices for the most part, the clothes, destructible environments that are directly from the anime....everything down to descriptions of moves or techniques alluding to your favorite moments. Its all there. The first one was the best dragon ball z game I have ever played and it wasn't even close.  

6 minutes ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

Buy a switch and crank up some Mario Kart. Name a more iconic racing franchise...

I love some Mario Kart, but I had already bought her an Nvidia Shield TV earlier this year and just got lucky on this second Xbox One (friend of ours kid charged over $500 on her credit card in games so she sold it dirt cheap - $75).  Plus we are buying a puppy.  So no Switch anytime in the foreseeable future.  

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

If you liked Budokai you will like Xenoverse for sure. I really cant say anything negative about it other than it plays with the lore a bit. You have the characters from Movies and the series (excluding GT if i remember correctly), the moves, the voices for the most part, the clothes, destructible environments that are directly from the anime....everything down to descriptions of moves or techniques alluding to your favorite moments. Its all there. The first one was the best dragon ball z game I have ever played and it wasn't even close.  

Thanks, homie. Gonna fire that up later today.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Thanks, homie. Gonna fire that up later today.

If you haven’t purchased it yet, maybe hold off and check out the upcoming Fighter Z. It got the cover of GI this month too and looks pretty good. 

It’s more traditional fighter game but within the DBZ universe kinda like Injustice was to DC. 

Trailer isn’t dubbed yet 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

If you haven’t purchased it yet, maybe hold off and check out the upcoming Fighter Z. It got the cover of GI this month too and looks pretty good. 

It’s more traditional fighter game but within the DBZ universe kinda like Injustice was to DC. 

Trailer isn’t dubbed yet 

This is what I was talking about when I said another 2d oine was coming out. It's made by the dudes that made Guilty gear if I remember correctly. Which pretty much means it's going to be ****ing fantastic. 

*Goes into GameStop to get DBZ. Ends up getting DBZ, Tekken 7, and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite*

Every damn time :kickcan:

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Looks really cool, but only on PS4 :(   Ended up going with Forza Horizon 3, it's arcady and looks pretty fun.  

Sucks. Its definitely fun. Isn't the most true to life driver in terms of car physics, but you get bang for your buck.

My nephew loves it, and rven though i play on a higher setting, its real flexible, and i can put him on and change everything to where he's challenged, but still has fun

28 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I hear MvC is the best game in the series. Tell me how you like it. I might have to pick it and abuse my friends in it. 

If I don't get to it, I might just put in my will to get buried with it when i die, along with all the other games I've bought and haven't played yet

Archived