Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I got bored of the grind in Destiny 1 pretty fast but if 2 improves on it I might give it a shot

Man it sucks I was really busy yesterday and I'm busy again today, can't play much Mass Effect. Hoping to just marathon it this weekend.

I can understand, but I loved the grind.  I think they made Destiny too easy after year 1.  IMO Bungie catered to the casuals and made the loot too easy to acquire.  I enjoyed grinding and it was so satisfying to get some of the items that others didn't have.  Its still a grind now, but that's the kind of game it is. I don't think Destiny is for everyone. 

It has ruined games with linear reward systems for me though.  I have no interest anymore in games like CoD and I hate to say it, but Battlefield.  

The ABSOLUTE key to destiny is having people to play with. You have to have 8-10 regular people to play with to throughly enjoy the game.  Its made for play with others.

23 minutes ago, codeorama said:

I can understand, but I loved the grind.  I think they made Destiny too easy after year 1.  IMO Bungie catered to the casuals and made the loot too easy to acquire.  I enjoyed grinding and it was so satisfying to get some of the items that others didn't have.  Its still a grind now, but that's the kind of game it is. I don't think Destiny is for everyone. 

It has ruined games with linear reward systems for me though.  I have no interest anymore in games like CoD and I hate to say it, but Battlefield.  

The ABSOLUTE key to destiny is having people to play with. You have to have 8-10 regular people to play with to throughly enjoy the game.  Its made for play with others.

You still down for some R6S though right?  

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Andromeda is incredible so far imo. The weapon armor and combat customization is the best in the series by far, the dialogue is more immersive, and everything feels fresh. Character animation and movement sucks, but everything else is great so far

How many hours in are you? How is the story? 

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How many hours in are you? How is the story? 

Ill have to check next time, but ive done a few side quests, and just settled the first colony.

The story is good. Its just not ME1, that's the only thing i can say so far. Plenty of good stuff though.

There appear to be three antagonists so far. Whichever one is the lead dog, has yet to reveal itself. Lots of mystery in the story though.

I'm really enjoying it. I think what the haters don't get is, this is more of an exploration/discovery/mystery story, not a military/save the world story(although I'm fairly early, like Sin I just finished the first planet, so who knows how things will change). There is more of a mystery, it isn't like ME1 where you're thrown into a war with Saren/Geth/Reapers in the first half hour. There is a build up to it and the early hours can feel a bit slow, and I think that is what turned off a lot of reviewers in today's now now now obsessed generation.

I love how much customization you can do with your character. Right now I'm basically a hybrid BIotics/Tech(using Energy Drain, Pull, and Throw as my ability loadout)with the Adept profile for more biotic use(honestly only use ED for the few enemies with shields). But I also have a Charge/Nova loadout with Vanguard to get up in people's faces. Oh by the way, you should absolutely invest in Barrier if you haven't. It's a passive so it's basically a free 4th ability that dramatically increases your armor. Worth at least one point for sure. Being able to switch profiles with different loadouts is amazing.

Inventory and crafting are actually a thing too, two RPG staples. I messed up and accidentally crafted one of the pre order weapons before I picked it up in the ship LOL. Oh well, you get flooded with the mats anyway. Researching augments is really cool too, allows you to really customize how you build your gear. Really the key word here again is customization. There are just so many ways to play. Thinking of trying a cloak sniper build too.

Combat and movement is very fluid and natural. I can get out of cover, jetpack to high ground, shoot and cast my biotics and its all really smooth and seamless. They really nailed the combination of shooting and RPG mechanics.  

The dialogue isn't bad either. The main character can sound a little cringey at times but the sarcastic/playful responses are pretty amusing(at least for the male character). The lack of Paragon/Renegade actually makes for more varied and interesting dialogue, instead of just boy scout vs. goon. The squadmates aren't bad, the only one I don't really like is Cora.  I will admit they might not be quite as good as ME's cast was, but Andromeda's squaddies are growing on me. I wish the doctor(voiced by sexy Natalie Dormer)or female Irish accent pilot were romance able though.

I do have a few negatives. The obvious facial animations for the main character, but honestly it's not even that bad. I don't get why people are SO worked up over it. Its such a minor thing and at this point I just laugh at it. The actual voice acting is actually pretty solid for the most part(like I said, a bit cringey at times, but remember we're talking about young explorers, not hardened soldiers like Shepard was). Picking on this one thing as what breaks the game is just silly. Overall graphics are excellent but then again I'm not a graphic whore(like I said its like arm strength for NFL QBs, once you reach the acceptable limit anything else is just gravy and often unnecessary and this game exceeds the acceptable limit). And I have yet to experience any glitches freezes or crashes.

The other negative is that there are times when you can't manually save. I'm a saveaholic so I always get paranoid and annoyed when I can't save whenever I want. Its actually not that big of a deal though because the game will still autosave often enough in these areas that it's not really much of an issue. And they do need to patch in a quick save. Come on, its 2017.

Andromeda is a good game. Is it quite on the same level of the original trilogy? Maybe not, but again I'm still early, but right now I think the game is definitely worth getting if you were a fan of the original trilogy or a fan of RPGs and exploration type games in general.

Warhead pretty much nailed everything. The facial animations aren't good at all, but it is definitely not the worst ever, and to give the game demerits overall because of it just seems ridiculous/shady.

Theres way more dialogue. No more rigidity in terms of who you can be (hardass/saint). You can still be a hardass or a saint, the reserved type, the wears his emotions on his sleeves type, or a shameless bull****ter (like me) and you can adjust from there. Guy has my exact personality, playfully sarcastic and snarky **** talker, with strong family ties. Pretty sure you can romance anyone. The heart icon was there for Suvi and Lexi im sure, so you can definitely flirt at least.

And yeah, this isn't ME2, run and gun space marines. They went back to their roots... Exploration, conversation, building new worlds, forging new alliances, along with all the action you want. It's a delicate balance. Unfortunately people just want all action all the time, and ruin it for the ones who don't.

In ME1, you knew who the ultimate villains were the whole time. It's refreshing to not know whats coming next. Thete have been several nods to the Shepard era too, along with dialogue.

So many ways this can go. Almost gives you sort of a Stargate/Avatar type of feeling.

Oh and with my build i pretty much went classic Infiltrator (tactical cloak, incinerate, and Omni grenades), with a Carnifex pistol and my baby.... The black widow sniper rifle, together again.

In andromeda I finished settling Eos last night. I have all of the playable Squad, but one person. I like this game a lot. The characters are kinda meh, but I really like Ryder and the story is great. The exploration and the mystery around what's happened to other colonies has really drawn me in. 

So far my Ryder is a biotic powerhouse. I made his throw really powerful. Added in Overload to deal with enemies with shields. And I do have the shockwave, don't like the range on it. I think I will replace it with that one biotic ability that creates a shield. I'll also start putting points into combat and tech now to get additional profiles. 

20 hours ago, Skinz4Life12 said:

Guys, how is mass effect? 

Now that I'm done studying I wanna get a couple games and blaze up and play for hours lol

Go up three posts. I put up my review. TL;DR version: its really good and the people who gave it crappy reviews are morons.

Has any PS4 players noticed any online lag since the 4.5 update?

Also, was curious if anyone who has an Xbox and a PS4 could do a quick ping test. Goto cloudping.info and let me know what you get. If possible.can you do a screenshot of it and post it here. 

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Go up three posts. I put up my review. TL;DR version: its really good and the people who gave it crappy reviews are morons.

Is that so... this is why there are bad reviews. Looks super buggy, cheesy and immersion breaking. I'd be careful watching this if playing I have no idea where scenes are taken from so there might be spoilers. But.... wow. There is no way I could play this. I wouldn't say people are morons for not liking it, there are very valid reasons for 70/100 scores. I think people that are invested in the universe have blinders on, but enjoyment from entertainment is subjective. If you like the game that is great, but people on the fence should def do some research before buying to make sure you know what you are getting into. If this is someones entry point into the series, I can see why they would pass or be disappointed.

No blinders here. Honestly i went in very skeptical. I do not shill for billion dollar corporations like some dumb fanboy. Either i like your product or i don't.

There are nearly zero bugs with my game. Contrast that with something like Skyrim Remastered, where even without a single mod and being out for 5 years, it is one of the most buggiest games I've ever played. Ever. So much so that i quit playing it.

Everything runs smooth and fluid, there is a ton of customization options. Story is good. The multi-objective missions are a throwback to the original ME. And combat is absurdly beyond any other Mass Effect game

The original ME was a heavy narrative, exploratory rpg. Thats how it was (before 2&3), and thats how it is. If the argument is that the average gamer does noy want that, i will buy it. But the stuff like facial animations and custom player options is simply not enough to deter it from being a great game. Why? I've played numerous heralded and legendary "10/10" games that felt like mob racket/con jobs, there was so mu h wrong with them.

The game is not a "10/10", but the only way someone could slam it is if they thought they were getting Call of the Aliens Duty, or they have some incentive to trash it. And everyone knows the kind of bs that can go on during the ratings process.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No blinders here. Honestly i went in very skeptical. I do not shill for billion dollar corporations like some dumb fanboy. Either i like your product or i don't.

There are nearly zero bugs with my game. Contrast that with something like Skyrim Remastered, where even without a single mod and being out for 5 years, it is one of the most buggiest games I've ever played. Ever. So much so that i quit playing it.

Everything runs smooth and fluid, there is a ton of customization options. Story is good. The multi-objective missions are a throwback to the original ME.

The original ME was a heavy narrative, exploratory rpg. Thats how it was (before 2&3), and thats how it is. If the argument is that the average gamer does noy want that, i will buy it. But the stuff like facial animations and custom player options is simply not enough to deter it from being a great game. Why? I've played numerous heralded and legendary "10/10" that felt like mob racket/con jobs, there was so mu h wrong with them.

The game is not a "10/10", but the only way someone could slam it is if they thought they were getting Call of the Aliens Duty, or they have some incentive to trash it. And everyone knows the kind of bs that can go on during the ratings process.

Agree with this.  Its a lot more of an RPG than 2 and 3 were(nothing against 2 and 3 which were both fantastic games). Andromeda is just different. Its about world building, exploration, and discovery. With that said, the combat is actually quite good and as little customization as there might be for your character's appearance, there is a TON when it comes to your playstyle in combat. I think I respecced like three times today trying different builds. As far as technical issues go, I have had no bugs whatsoever. Game has not crashed on me yet.

And yeah, I'm no corporate schill either. I HATED Final Fantasy XV and ripped it to shreds.

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Agree with this.  Its a lot more of an RPG than 2 and 3 were(nothing against 2 and 3 which were both fantastic games). Andromeda is just different. Its about world building, exploration, and discovery. With that said, the combat is actually quite good and as little customization as there might be for your character's appearance, there is a TON when it comes to your playstyle in combat. I think I respecced like three times today trying different builds. As far as technical issues go, I have had no bugs whatsoever. Game has not crashed on me yet.

And yeah, I'm no corporate schill either. I HATED Final Fantasy XV and ripped it to shreds.

Agreed. The combat is orgasmic. As all time great as ME1 was, they phoned it in on several builds like Sentinel. Here you can be almost anything you wanted. Incredible. Just took down a MASSIVE Remnant. Was one of the best ME fights ever. Was like fighting one of the bots out of   The Matrix.

Im a gamer. Looks are aesthetically pleasing, nothing more. All of Mass Effects games have had crappy facial animations. Cringe worthy at time. Hos your game plays and how the story flows is number one with me. Couldn't care less about how the sweat pours from someone's face during a cutscene. 

I was playing thru the 5 hour trial on EA access. I don't have the game yet. On the gameplay note, how is the scanning? I've seen that nothing is really marked and there doesn't seem to be any method to it. Do you just have to around scanning everything like every rock and plant for resources, data etc? 

If so that seems annoying and like it like it would break the flow of the game. I enjoyed the planet scanning in 2 I think it was. Maybe have some on the ground scanning for story moments or special items and resources where the characters might comment on something to prompt you to scan it 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I was playing thru the 5 hour trial on EA access. I don't have the game yet. On the gameplay note, how is the scanning? I've seen that nothing is really marked and there doesn't seem to be any method to it. Do you just have to around scanning everything like every rock and plant for resources, data etc? 

If so that seems annoying and like it like it would break the flow of the game. I enjoyed the planet scanning in 2 I think it was. Maybe have some on the ground scanning for story moments or special items and resources where the characters might comment on something to prompt you to scan it 

For planets, when you enter a system the chick pilot will tell you she detects an anomaly in the system, and when you check out a planet. If its in the system you just scan the system and it'll point an arrow in the direction until you find it. Planets are the same thing, but you won't know there is an anomaly on a planet until you fly over to it.

When you're actually on the planet exploring, the icon will pop up in the bottom left when something nearby is scannable, so you don't have to constantly stop and scan.

There are tasks that involve you scanning stuff like plants and minerals, but you can do it whenever. There's a scan mode similar to detective mode in the Arkham games, where you'll be scanning for clues and stuff, but it can also be used to scan anything at will. Lots of freedom and less tedious than any of the other games.

Archived