Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

2 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I keep hearing the Halo Wars 2 is really good. I keep resisting because I have too many games to play and if I just wait until I have time, I'm sure it'll be much cheaper. 

I've been wanting to play a RTS game for a while, didn't get the first Halo Wars as I usually prefer to play those on PC.  It looked really good so I pulled the trigger.  My brother in law told me he was playing Warhammer Total War on PC and it was fun, I might pull the trigger on that too, but he's been so busy with finishing up college that he is rarely on.

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I've been wanting to play a RTS game for a while, didn't get Halo Wars, usually I prefer to play those on PC.  It looked really good so I pulled the trigger.  My brother in law told me he was playing Warhammer Total War on PC and it was fun, I might pull the trigger on that too, but he's been so busy with finishing up college that he is rarely on.

I really liked the first Halo Wars, and was surprised how good the story was. This new one apparently has some really good cutscenes and a much better story for Halo than Microsoft has been able to produce since Bungie left the franchise behind. 

Character creation will always be second rate to me, until audio catches up.

I like the idea of character immersion. Some, hell all of our favorite memories from gaming have come from characters that were created for us. It creates a unique, everlasting experience, for me at least

Just now, Gamebreaker said:

I really liked the first Halo Wars, and was surprised how good the story was. This new one apparently has some really good cutscenes and a much better story for Halo than Microsoft has been able to produce since Bungie left the franchise behind. 

I'm off this Thursday and Friday (4 day weekend woohoo!) and plan to play the crap out of Halo Wars 2 and some Horizon Zero Dawn.   How are you liking your gaming monitor?  Best thing I did was start playing my consoles hooked up to my PC monitor, then the next best thing was getting my BenQ gaming monitor.  

Makes all games so much easier to play, especially with the zero lag and response times.  With exception of guitar hero/rockband games, I'll probably never play on a big screen TV again.  

16 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No, I wasn't able to make it up this weekend. Got called into work. Did you confirm your extra preorder is on the way? 

@Momma There Goes That ManYup it's coming either today or tomorrow so they say. I think I'll keep my claim open with Wells Fargo just in case because this has easily been the worst online purchasing experience I've ever had. My dad might grab for his girlfriends son and daughter (My Mom died of pancreatic cancer back in 2012 :() but I'd say there is a low chance of that happening. Would you be interested then? 

30 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I've been wanting to play a RTS game for a while, didn't get the first Halo Wars as I usually prefer to play those on PC.  It looked really good so I pulled the trigger.  My brother in law told me he was playing Warhammer Total War on PC and it was fun, I might pull the trigger on that too, but he's been so busy with finishing up college that he is rarely on.

@Dont Taze Me BroPretty sure I have an extra copy of Warhammer total war on humble bundle if you want it.

Edit: Yup, it was the feature game for last months humble monthly. Just let me know if you want and I'll give you key. My PC is currently in transit to Manassas so I can PM you key here or add me on steam and I can message you there through the steam app.

18 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'm off this Thursday and Friday (4 day weekend woohoo!) and plan to play the crap out of Halo Wars 2 and some Horizon Zero Dawn.   How are you liking your gaming monitor?  Best thing I did was start playing my consoles hooked up to my PC monitor, then the next best thing was getting my BenQ gaming monitor.  

Makes all games so much easier to play, especially with the zero lag and response times.  With exception of guitar hero/rockband games, I'll probably never play on a big screen TV again.  

Loving it so far. I've played a lot of OverWatch and The Division: Last Stand on it. I find it much easier to focus in on enemies, aim, and fire than on my HDTV. I play all of my PvP gaming on X1, so the PS4 is still connected to my HDTV. I mostly play single player games on there anyway. There are a few games, like Andromeda, where I'd much rather enjoy it on a big screen. But once I figure out the color settings it shouldn't be too big a deal. 

35 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Loving it so far. I've played a lot of OverWatch and The Division: Last Stand on it. I find it much easier to focus in on enemies, aim, and fire than on my HDTV. I play all of my PvP gaming on X1, so the PS4 is still connected to my HDTV. I mostly play single player games on there anyway. There are a few games, like Andromeda, where I'd much rather enjoy it on a big screen. But once I figure out the color settings it shouldn't be too big a deal. 

Yeah those shooters and fighting games if you want to be competitive at all with the upper tier of players you have to use a good monitor. If I were to get one I'd go for one of those Acer 32" curved ones (I think it is called the predator) but upon thinking about it I just don't see me sitting at a desk in my house to play games. I think I'd rather just wait and get a 4K tv. Sucks because the next upgrades I want are a 1080ti GPU, 4K tv and HTC Vive and there is no way my budget can afford any of those items at the moment. That's like $4000 worth of luxury equipment. Not going to happen.

Glad you are enjoying your monitor though, it really does make a difference and you find out why/how you were losing some of those twitch shooting battles that made no damn sense how that you had the jump on someone but still somehow lost. Very frustrating.

1 minute ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Glad you are enjoying your monitor though, it really does make a difference and you find out why/how you were losing some of those twitch shooting battles that made no damn sense how that you had the jump on someone but still somehow lost. Very frustrating.

Yes! A thousand times yes! I recently got into a 1v1 exchange with someone in Last Stand and with the two of us being really close to each other, I was still landing shots, strafing when I needed to, and killed him while he was aiming in the wrong direction. I'm sure he was probably wondering how the hell he died. Great thing about this ASUS monitor is I had zero motion blur or lag. 

Bad news @Momma There Goes That Man, my dad actually is going to take the unit and give it to the kids. Sorry man :(. Hopefully it is not forever for the next batch of switches to release over here but knowing Nintendo who knows when more will arrive. It just seems completely random which shops got what. Best Buy in Manassas had 15 walk in grey units (they held back the neon because they had a Sunday ad), the Walmart that I went to in Manassas mall had 30 non pre order units (18 grey, 12 neon) and the bullrun shopping center GameStop had 4 walk in units. They aren't selling for too much over box price online though at the moment so it seems there was more stock available this time at release than other consoles I can remember. I remember the freaking Xbox 360 selling on eBay double the sticker price and the auctions getting tons of bids. They are going for around $100 more than box price + shipping (around $420) on eBay. A bunch of the original auctions are about to end so I'm interested to check back in an hour to see what the auctions end at after the sniping concludes. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Character creation will always be second rate to me, until audio catches up.

I like the idea of character immersion. Some, hell all of our favorite memories from gaming have come from characters that were created for us. It creates a unique, everlasting experience, for me at least

I'm definitely for real characters over avatars.  I had serious reservations with Xenoblade Chronicles X when they decided to go with an avatar for the player rather than a written character like in the original Xenoblade Chronicles.  As I suspected, the character interaction that made the original special was just not there in X.

12 minutes ago, codeorama said:

My K/D in Destiny went from .8 to almost a 2.0 since purchasing my BenQ monitor.  No contest.

I may actually pull old Destiny out and do some crucible now. Just checked the Destiny app, looks like I'm consistently in the .90 K/D ratio range. 

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm definitely for real characters over avatars.  I had serious reservations with Xenoblade Chronicles X when they decided to go with an avatar for the player rather than a written character like in the original Xenoblade Chronicles.  As I suspected, the character interaction that made the original special was just not there in X.

I like both. If the story is really strong, I can dig real characters. But otherwise, I like to go with an avatar and play the game the way I would want to in that protagonist's shoes. Those are usually Bioware games though. 

5 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I may actually pull old Destiny out and do some crucible now. Just checked the Destiny app, looks like I'm consistently in the .90 K/D ratio range. 

I like both. If the story is really strong, I can dig real characters. But otherwise, I like to go with an avatar and play the game the way I would want to in that protagonist's shoes. Those are usually Bioware games though. 

My k/d stats were SO bad for the first 2 years of play. I never paid any attention to K/D on games like CoD or Battlefield. But since getting the monitor, PVP is so much easier. I've consistently shot up into higher skill matchmaking.  Really made the pvp side of the game so much more enjoyable.  

I'm ok if it's for an established character like Link, but for role playing games I'm with codeorama and I like to create my own character with tons of character creation options. I can spend an hour or two just crafting my character although I'm also boring and 99% of the time create a human male. It just helps me get into the game more. For Conan Exiles, I did create a female with the breast slider all the way up and it was funny for about 20 minutes before I went back and made my typical boring male character. Thing is with that game, it's faster to run around shirtless and pantless only wearing gloves for a little additional armor and boots to protect your feet while running around. Your stamina bar drops slower the less armor you are wearing so all you see in that game is huge titties bouncing and huge dongs flopping around. It was a fun game but as with almost all early access games it needs some work.

These early access games are getting out of control. There is paid DLC for early access games, freaking cash tournaments for early access games, games that have been early access for 3-4 years. Steam needs to take a hard look at their early access program and make some changes because this can't be what they envisioned when the created the early access program. I'm all for the program because it does help companies that use it correctly get funding to continue making their game and also make the game better with additional funding and feedback. But, it's being taken advantage of and not used properly with 4 out of 5 games. 

Im looking forward to the next installment of Destiny. It's coming to PC and now that they have their base systems fully developed and tweaked, the 2nd main installment should be excellent right at the start. I figured this would be the case anyways when it was announced it would be a 3 part series over 10 years. The first game would basically be a beta test for the future games where they got everything in and working, removed the stuff that wasn't fun and tweaked everything around. I'd love to play the first game now that it seems complete and where they want it to be, but yeah still no PC release and it doesn't look like a port is coming. 

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

@Zazzaro703 no worries buddy. I appreciate the consideration. Online target says they still had a few available at the chantilly store. I might check that out if it holds to the weekend lol. 

Worst case i have to wait a month or two. I can manage 

I'm wondering when the next round of Switches will arrive at stores. I don't think it will be a month or two. 

I'm pretty sure GameStop is up to something fishy with my order. Like is said in my rant, I paid the extra money for release day shipping and they said it shipped Friday instead of Thursday which makes the release day shipping money worthless. I called yesterday because My order won't pull up on their site and when I asked about that they said it's because I didn't order through the site but on the phone so it wouldn't be there but that it shipped already so I can't cancel the order and it would be here today Monday 3/6. Ok I guess that makes sense. Well, no Nintendo Switch arrived today so I called back and I asked which company is shipping and what's the tracking number and their answer was that for some reason there is no shipping or tracking info with my order, just that it shipped and they raised the issue to corporate. So if they know it shipped late and I didn't get it release day like I ordered, why wasn't it shipped overnight 1 day shipping?

What I think happened is they took my money but have none left to ship to me and are giving me the run around while they scramble and try to find one. If it doesn't arrive tomorrow, I'm going to try and squeeze them for a free game or hopefully $50 gift card. I already filed a claim with Wells Fargo Saturday night and when I called them tonight with all my proof and updated information they credited my money back into my account as I was on the phone with them because they thought it's awfully strange as well and they already have more than enough info to win the dispute. If it ends up arriving by wednesday I just have to call them back and they will take the money back out of my account and push the dispute through because I asked them to hold on and give it a couple more days to arrive if possible. 

But seriously, they are basically borrowing money from me until they find one in one of their stores and mail it to me it seems and that's bull**** and worth a $50 gift card in my eyes :ols:. This would be A LOT less funny had I not been able to get two release night. Really glad I took matters into my own hands and just went out to the midnight releases. Lastly, somehow they charged me more for shipping after failing to get it to me on release day because the original invoice was quoted at $333.89 and the amount taken out of my account was $339.92.

So... do you all think I can get a free game or $50 gift card out of this? It's pretty much a given something shady is going on here right? Also, I don't really want to give the customer service representative a hard time because it's not really their fault and want to just speak to a manager, but when I asked today they said the manager wasn't on duty at that time. 

Never order anything online from GameStop guys. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get this Switch.

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Yeah, only deal with GameStop when you found a way to take advantage of them, or when they're your only option.

That's why I'm hoping I can get them to give up a gift card. They should at least refund my shipping costs. Only problem with that is it will have to come by mail :ols:. Would love to get a copy of Mario Kart 8 on Switch for this ridiculous situation. Reminds me of Seinfeld, what's the point of pre-ordering an item with release day shipping when you don't get the item on release day and they can't even give me a tracking number when they already took the money from me. Isn't the point of a pre-order to reserve a system to be received on launch day? 

7 hours ago, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field said:

Been too busy to play the Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Wildlands beta, but I've bought the last two TC releases on XBOX ONE, and loved them both.

Going to scoop this up tomorrow afternoon if anyone wants to squad up, let me know. 

My son and I as well as a few other friends will be playing this a lot feel free to join us.  

7 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

that's pretty bad, along with Nintendo taking no responsibility for dead pixels (which was mentioned in the vid you posted).

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/06/nintendo-switch-dead-pixels-console

Luckily my two units havent had any issues so far but it seems issues would have popped up already if they were going to. I saw one guy post that his blue screened of death when his system was installing the day 1 patch and got stuck in that state. With any electronics unfortunately there are going to be bad units, especially when you get the 1st generation of the new tech. Not taking responsibility is pretty crappy if that's what is happening though. I have a feeling GameStop is waiting to get a broken unit back to headquarters to send me. 

@Dont Taze Me Bro did you want that extra copy of Total War Warhammer I have? I don't need anything in return it's a game that will just sit in my library. It came with my humble monthly package last month and I know there is 1% chance I'd ever play it and that 1% is just margin of error. Since my PC isn't here I haven't had a chance to add last months keys to my steam account so it's just sitting in my humble account without the key redeemed yet. It's really no big deal and would be happy to help if you want it.

8 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

that's pretty bad, along with Nintendo taking no responsibility for dead pixels (which was mentioned in the vid you posted).

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/06/nintendo-switch-dead-pixels-console

All of this plus the bull**** with their mobile games (****ty Megaman versions and a ****ty one button runner for Mario) tells me all i need to know about the state of Nintendo. They're living off their name and have no interest in being any type of leader. 

Archived