Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I broke down and bought Horizon Zero Dawn last night, had to let it download overnight.  Can't wait to fire it up in a couple of hours after work.  

Man that's another one that I really want to play. PlayStation has quite a few real solid exclusives making the console worth a purchase in my eyes. XBOne seems dead this generation and are flying the white flag putting their exclusives on PC. You could just see it coming when they had that disaster console reveal. Hopefully their fortunes change when Scorpio comes out but they really crapped the bed so far with XBOne. 

Nintendo hit a home run with their console/handheld gimmick. This should now be the standard with console releases. Being able to seamlessly go from tv to handheld is such a useful feature. Sometimes it's just nice to play a handheld. I was stoked when that was the rumor and so glad it turned out to be true.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just finished my Vanguard run. Man that was a lot of fun. Used the Reegar carbine and the scorpion. First time using both weapon s. They kick ass. Great crowd control if you mod it with the extended mag and armor pierce.

Chose synthesis ending. After further review, i think Leviathan should've been featured in the storyline instead of the Crucible. Way more compelling, powerful, and is a direct link/backstory for the Reapers.

I'm on ME2, but haven't played for a week. I need to get back on it this weekend. Currently about to recruit Jack. 

Recently bought an 27" ASUS gaming monitor(1ms TN monitor) to play games with instead of using my 47" LG HDTV. Really liking it so far, I could probably fiddle with the settings a little to get the colors just right. 

27 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I'm on ME2, but haven't played for a week. I need to get back on it this weekend. Currently about to recruit Jack. 

Recently bought an 27" ASUS gaming monitor(1ms TN monitor) to play games with instead of using my 47" LG HDTV. Really liking it so far, I could probably fiddle with the settings a little to get the colors just right. 

Any special mods that you use?

1 hour ago, Gamebreaker said:

Let me know how you like using a monitor, I've been debating switching to a monitor as well. I don't play shooters or fighting games all that much though I was just thinking of switching to make better use of my GPU.

52 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Let me know how you like using a monitor, I've been debating switching to a monitor as well. I don't play shooters or fighting games all that much though I was just thinking of switching to make better use of my GPU.

So far it's great, although the picture quality isn't as great as my LG, but there is zero motion blur or lag when I'm turning the camera,etc,. I did some Last Stand PvP in The Division, straight wrecking fools. Now I was doing good on the LG previously, but so far I feel like I'm seeing and reacting quicker in FPS games. I do think it may get the most out of a really good GPU. But if you aren't playing any fast twitch games, a TN monitor wouldn't be as a good as an IPS one. 

13 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

For the monitor? 

Oh, my bad lol. I initially misread. Thought you were using a gaming rig to play it. I know Taylor 703 was, and im jealous because of it. I have a old 42 inch Panasonic viera. Even with hdmi 1 and 2 look pretty dated. 3 sparkles, though

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Oh, my bad lol. I initially misread. Thought you were using a gaming rig to play it. I know Taylor 703 was, and im jealous because of it. I have a old 42 inch Panasonic viera. Even with hdmi 1 and 2 look pretty dated. 3 sparkles, though

Oh, it's all good. Nah, just using my Xbox One. I'm going to eventually put a gaming rig together, but I needed to setup my office first and I'm on budget. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

@PokerPacker thanks buddy. Normally that would be a long trip for me but I'm actually in Richmond this weekend so I think I'll just pop on up and check that out.

im pumped now. 

Target and Toy R Us held their Neon Consoles back because they are running an ad on Sunday. So I'd check around with those stores and see.

Potential (likely) Grey Nintendo Switch for sale at cost:

Well, it seems I'm getting a 3rd Switch and will NEVER buy anything from GameStop again. I pre ordered this switch back January 13th and while it went through on my PayPal, I never got an email or anything from GameStop. I thought this was ok because I know they don't process anything until it's close to shipping time so didn't think much of it. Fast forward to Feb 25th when I hear orders are being processed and nothing so I call. Yup, my order errored and my call was cut off right as I was getting heated. 2nd call the dip**** tells me it's me and my banks fault because they didn't authorize which I know is complete bull****. I call my bank and yup complete bull****. Finally on 3rd call I get some help and they give me a new order that I had to pay with my debit card. The charge is pending on my account until March 2nd the day it's supposed to ship but of course disappears meaning they didn't collect the funds and ship.

That's when i went to midnight releases and got the other two. But, I can't cancel my ****ing order because getting through to GameStop on the phone is impossible because I'm sure these pitiful fools screwed up tons of orders so my hold time was 45-60 5 separate times between Thursday night and Saturday afternoon before I just hung up. So what happens yesterday evening? Charged for a Nintendo Switch. Worse is I paid the $15 shipping for day of release shipping and somehow this new order is $6 and change more than my original invoice. 

Long story short, if these ****ers mail me this Switch does anyone here want it? I'll subtract the shipping fees from it so it will be pretty much the $299.99 price tag and tax. I'm in the Manassas area. I put in a claim with my bank because I also called them Friday making them aware of the situation just in case but I'll cancel the claim. Ill also find out tomorrow if I can get these assholes on the phone when exactly it is coming. Just let me know if anyone is interested before I take it to a GameStop and refund it if it's already in the mail which I'm assuming it is but who knows with these idiot clowns.

5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I recently purchased a 4k 65 inch Samsung television and I hear this PS Pro has 4k compatibility so is it worth trading in the PS4 I have now for a PS Pro. I should probably do it before The Show comes out...

How much credit do you get towards the Pro with the old PS4? It may be worth it to try selling it on Craigslist, eBay or see if anywhere else has special promotions where you get free games or something first before gamestop because 1) Screw GameStop (see above) and 2) they will most likely give you the cheapest deal like they always do. I'd definitely upgrade though if I was you and money isn't an issue because you already upgraded the harder more expensive part getting the 4K TV. If money is tight, I'd assume you can get away with waiting until winter because the games that have come out on the pro aren't as good as the ones in the future will be because future games will be made with the pro in mind while previous games have been patched. But yeah I'd say go for it, MLB The Show like always is going to be amazing.  

Speaking of amazing, a 65" inch 4K samsung makes me incredibly envious :ols:. That is going to be one hell of a great viewing/gaming experience congratulations. 

Edit: After looking around the internet it seems my assessment was correct. If you already have a PS4, getting the Pro is a luxury buy. It's recommended pretty much everywhere I've read that you should upgrade if your 4K tv has HDR support and the $400 price tag isn't an issue. 

7 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I recently purchased a 4k 65 inch Samsung television and I hear this PS Pro has 4k compatibility so is it worth trading in the PS4 I have now for a PS Pro. I should probably do it before The Show comes out...

The only thing 4k about the PS4 pro, I believe, is online streaming of videos.  Doesn't even do 4k Blu Ray.  Certainly doesn't have a GPU to handle 4k gaming.

Still haven't gotten around to playing Breath Of The Wild yet, since my cousins were in town for the weekend.  I did, however, play Fast RMX.  I's a beautiful futuristic racing game (similar to F-Zero and Wipeout; no weapons, though, just super fast racing) with 30 tracks.  Supports 4-player local splitscreen (and yes, you can play with a single joycon allowing you to do multiplayer without buying an extra controller) as well as 8-player online or LAN if others have their switches and have the game.  If you didn't have the Wii U game, Fast Racing NEO, then this is definitely a solid purchase at $20.  If you did, you'll have to decide for yourself whether the added tracks and vehicles and Switch features make it worth buying.

Oh, and also it's less than one gigabyte in size, so it barely takes up any of your Switch's storage.

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

The only thing 4k about the PS4 pro, I believe, is online streaming of videos.  Doesn't even do 4k Blu Ray.  Certainly doesn't have a GPU to handle 4k gaming.

Still haven't gotten around to playing Breath Of The Wild yet, since my cousins were in town for the weekend.  I did, however, play Fast RMX.  I's a beautiful futuristic racing game (similar to F-Zero and Wipeout; no weapons, though, just super fast racing) with 30 tracks.  Supports 4-player local splitscreen (and yes, you can play with a single joycon allowing you to do multiplayer without buying an extra controller) as well as 8-player online or LAN if others have their switches and have the game.  If you didn't have the Wii U game, Fast Racing NEO, then this is definitely a solid purchase at $20.  If you did, you'll have to decide for yourself whether the added tracks and vehicles and Switch features make it worth buying.

Oh, and also it's less than one gigabyte in size, so it barely takes up any of your Switch's storage.

If the Switch gets 3rd party support, it's going to be a great console. It won't sell at Wii levels but it will do well enough. The graphics are good enough and maybe they will do a mid cycle console revision that ups the processing and GPU a little bit. It def needs one just for the fact that they put the charging port on the bottom of the handheld which is just mind blowing. Guess they wanted to force people to buy the handheld stand. I'd love to see an XL version of the handheld like the 3DS has.

A word of warning Poker, it's probably for the best to get a screen protector. Docking the handheld into that tight space that just is asking for scratches on the screen. A weird thing about Zelda is it plays better on the handheld. It actually plays fantastic on the handheld, way better than I would have thought. Out of my 15 hours or so of gameplay, I've logged probably 12 of those hours on the handheld. That's not saying having it docked isn't good, for all the complaints about the controller being small I think it's just fine in the joycon controller dock. Feels like a real controller. The problem with having it docked though is frame drops in busy areas. It's not game breaking or anything and it plays great docked, but it runs smoother on the handheld and you can barely tell it's 720p rather than 900p.

Like I stated before, I think Sony and Microsoft should offer something similar for their current gen systems. I know the vita has remote play but I'm not quite sure how it works because I haven't used it. The seamless transfer to handheld is just an excellent gimmick and I really hope Nintendo is rewarded for it with great 3rd party support and a very successful console. I'm really looking forward to the virtual console and hoping the handful of Wii U games I missed playing waiting for Zelda get released on the switch. I'll go all out on virtual console games to have all my favorite past Nintendo games able to be played on the big screen and on a comfortable handheld system that has a bigger screen than the DS families single screen offerings. 

I was was checking out Fast RMX and it looked good, glad to hear from you that you enjoy it I'll probably pick it up whenever there is a slow period for gaming (summer). I'm also going to get Blaster Master Zero this week for $9.99, I loved Blaster Master on NES. Also, if you haven't played Shovel Knight Poker pick up the treasure trove version on the E-Shop. Don't get Specter of Torment, it's just the single Specter Knight Campaign and Shovel Knight Treasure Trove includes all three character playthroughs (Shovel Knight, Plague Knight and Specter Knight). Shovel Knight is an excellent game and well worth the $25 price tag, it's 3 full games in one pack. I'd be grabbing it on my Switch but I already own it on steam and have been getting the DLCs for free. It's going to be interesting to see where the Switch is a year from now and what games have been released and are in the pipeline. Handheld Skyrim is going to be awesome, it's just too bad everyone has already played it. 

3 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I've been meaning to get Shovel Knight at some point.  Wasn't sure if I wanted to get it on Steam or the Wii U (which has a physical release available), and now I have to consider the Switch which brings in portability.

Pretty sure all the DLC is out for it now too. Playing a game like Shovel Knight on a Nintendo platform just seems more authentic. 

4 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Pretty sure all the DLC is out for it now too. Playing a game like Shovel Knight on a Nintendo platform just seems more authentic. 

That's what's been keeping me from getting it on steam.  But it's so much cheaper there!  And then there's the physical release on Wii U, but the Switch is current and portable.  Why they gotta make it so difficult to choose a platform?

HZD is getting great ratings, but I just have no interest at all. I have really lost interest in games that don't have character creation. I don't want to be forced to play as a certain character. I couldn't get into Witcher 3 for the same reason. 

29 minutes ago, codeorama said:

HZD is getting great ratings, but I just have no interest at all. I have really lost interest in games that don't have character creation. I don't want to be forced to play as a certain character. I couldn't get into Witcher 3 for the same reason. 

Go play DnD, nerd!

25 minutes ago, codeorama said:

It's pretty cool though.  And I'm not usually a big fan of single player RPGs.  The graphics and gameplay are really good and the story so far (I'm only one hour in) is pretty cool.  

Just picked up Halo Wars 2 yesterday, didn't really get to play due to it not finishing downloading until almost 9pm and I quit for the night to watch some TV.

Archived