Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

Agree. To be fair, the reviews i was hearing were on GI and gamespot podcasts talking about their early time with it so they know what to expect going in. But like I said, it was early in the game and the story could and characters could go a lot of different ways. 

Let's not forget there were some people that kept that wooden plank kaiden alive over Ashley so...different strokes...

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I kept Kaidan alive as my FemSheps love interest once, and it was bad.

Totally awkward, virginy and dorky. ME clearly wants you to be a lesbian

Yeah, I did that for my female shepard too. Only saw it through because the options were limited. Kaiden is a one-dimensional tool. 

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

Yeah, I did that for my female shepard too. Only saw it through because the options were limited. Kaiden is a one-dimensional tool. 

I think it was made worse in ME2 as he and Ashley were basically palette swapped. Their personalities are so far apart, but the devs gave them bith the same irrational mindset, and it permanently jacked Kaidans character.

I thought he was pretty good in 1 (troubled silent type, haunted by his past)  but after that, they just mailed it in..... Probably because they thought that most gamers (for reasons solely based on sexism largely, depending on how you set up the Virmire mission) would choose Ash, and let him die. Great fighter in ME3, but his character is totally useless and boring.

Hopefully this time around BioWare actually lets you choose, and not simply give you the illusion of freedom. They definitely wanted Liara as the romance option, and every potential male option for FemShep (except for maybe Thane) is just bad.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

1) Ashley

2) Miranda

3) Ashley 

I have a Type 

Miranda was #1 for me. She was genetically enhanced in all the right places. But I thought the best romance option was actually Tali. You can do her romance option in ME3, and in the end you can finally see her face without the environmental suit on. 

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't get too worked up over character customization as long as the limited options look good. Now if they all look like crap then that's another story.

I'll play it tomorrow after work.

I only did about 3 hours in free trial. I deleted my game save and decided to start over. The customization is pretty bad, I'm just going to go with the default Ryder for this playthrough. Maybe they'll patch the animations and the bad customization by the time I'm ready to do a second one. 

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't get too worked up over character customization as long as the limited options look good. Now if they all look like crap then that's another story.

I'll play it tomorrow after work.

The graphics are awesome for me but the characters, especially yours, aren't good and your characters hair looks like ass. 

2 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

Miranda was #1 for me. She was genetically enhanced in all the right places. But I thought the best romance option was actually Tali. You can do her romance option in ME3, and in the end you can finally see her face without the environmental suit on. 

Miranda was my #1 too. Damn she was fine. I just listed my romance options from each game. 

Also, I've already decided I'm gonna **** Cora right out of the gate. 

21 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Character creation isn't good. Extremely

limited. 8 facial hair options. Facial hair must be same color as head hair. I think 9 hair options. Meh, pretty disappointing in a game where your created character is prominent in a million cutscenes and conversations 

Are you really ****ing about virtual facial hair broski?  

Image result for nerd alert animated gif

You know I love ya bruh, just messing :P

I didn't say badasses had to have hair. Thats also Stathams look and it actually  matched Sheperd from the original trilogy but that short barely hair/buzzed look isn't even an option in this game. 

Its just not right for a AAA game in 2017 to be so limited in that regard. On top of that, the hair that is there looks like spray paint. 

Thats my only real issue so fair, limited character creation and bad character graphics. Im digging the rest 

I'm hearing from sources I trust that awesome combat is covering up a rather bland game with subpar animations and an average story. Unless you are a huge fan of the series and would probably like it no matter what, it's a wait for a sale type game for casual fans. Bioware has fallen a long way from where they used to be. Sad really, there used to be a time where a Bioware game was a must buy at release but over the last 10 years or so they have released average forgettable games.

1 minute ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I'm hearing from sources I trust that awesome combat is covering up a rather bland game with subpar animations. Unless you are a huge fan of the series and would probably like it no matter what, it's a wait for a sale type game for casual fans. Bioware has fallen a long way from where they used to be. Sad really. 

They should just remaster KOTOR and KOTOR 2 and call it a day... :D

16 minutes ago, codeorama said:

They should just remaster KOTOR and KOTOR 2 and call it a day... :D

I never played those so I would love that 

18 minutes ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I'm hearing from sources I trust that awesome combat is covering up a rather bland game with subpar animations and an average story. Unless you are a huge fan of the series and would probably like it no matter what, it's a wait for a sale type game for casual fans. Bioware has fallen a long way from where they used to be. Sad really, there used to be a time where a Bioware game was a must buy at release but over the last 10 years or so they have released average forgettable games.

The Mass Effect series was special. It's hard to go back to the well again and live up to the trilogy, especially with the way 3 ended and they are forced to sort of do a quasi continuation in a new universe. 

54 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I never played those so I would love that 

The original KOTOR was the game I bought the Xbox for, it was an exclusive. I beat it in 2 days. I barely slept.  Loved that game.  I ended up playing through 3 times with different builds and choices.  Amazing game. 

Archived