Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

3 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

I'm hearing from sources I trust that awesome combat is covering up a rather bland game with subpar animations and an average story. Unless you are a huge fan of the series and would probably like it no matter what, it's a wait for a sale type game for casual fans. Bioware has fallen a long way from where they used to be. Sad really, there used to be a time where a Bioware game was a must buy at release but over the last 10 years or so they have released average forgettable games.

It coincides with them being purchased by EA. That is where their downfall began. 

3 hours ago, codeorama said:

They should just remaster KOTOR and KOTOR 2 and call it a day... :D

That would be great if Disney didn't own the publishing rights. Also, KOTOR 2 was done by Obsidian, a developer who usually works with Bethesda I believe. 

For the record I wasn't trying to discourage anyone from getting it, just giving a buyer beware if you don't love the series. Maybe wait a couple weeks for reviews from people that have played the entire game and for patches. Huge open world games normally have game breaking bugs that at their worst can corrupt your save files. It's impossible to completely bug test games like this until they are out in the wild with millions playing it. 

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I never played those so I would love that 

The Mass Effect series was special. It's hard to go back to the well again and live up to the trilogy, especially with the way 3 ended and they are forced to sort of do a quasi continuation in a new universe. 

Ive been skeptical of this game for that exact reason. It was meant to be a trilogy and this 4th game seems like a cash grab on the name. It's going to sell well regardless and it seems they were obviously aware of that fact having bare bones character customization and sub par animations. 

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What did they do prior to EA besides KOTOR? They did the entire ME trilogy under EA and some other highly regarded games. 

ME1 was published by Microsoft. They also did Baldur's Gate, which a lot of PC players loved. As well as Neverwinter Nights. When they began making console games, those were KOTOR, Jade Empire, and pretty much all of the development of Dragon Age: Origins. DA:Origins is probably my second favorite game of theirs.

Once EA bought them, the focused switched from doing open-ended games with little thought towards sequels(this allowed them to really go hard towards real multiple endings), to doing sequels where they attempted to continue the open-ended, your-choices-matter, multiple ending approach but kinda failed. It's really hard to make a game with multiple endings, when you're doing a sequel that has to take those multiple endings into account. A lot of people noticed they didn't start doing sequels until EA bought them. Some look at that as a good thing because ME2 and ME3 were so good. But I think that had more to do with the awesome talent they had in-house and less to do with EA's decision. I personally think they could've made even better titles if they had the same autonomy they did before the purchase.

EA is also one of those overbearing publishers that tries to tell developers who are better than them how to make their games. Which slowly eroded the talent in Bioware as people began leaving for better work environments. Now Bioware has very few employees who were still around when they were always GotY contenders, which may explain why ME1 has better animations on a weaker engine and less resources than Andromeda. 

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That's good info I didn't know that. I forgot ME was originally published under Microsoft and was an exclusive. Can't believe they let that one get away 

Microsoft has made a lot of mistakes as a publisher. Hard to believe some of the best developers like Bungie and Bioware used to be exclusive to them and they ruined those business relationships. 

I did the first little bit. Overall I like it. It doesn't quite GRAB you the same way Mass Effect 1 did, but its not the trainwreck people seem to say it is. I will agree that the character creation sucks, my main character looks almost asian and the facial animations are a little...not right. The combat is fun though and I really like the leveling, much more customization. I chose the Leader background but picked up a couple Biotic abilities.

I won't comment on the story yet because I haven't done enough, I think its gonna be one of those slow devleoping ones where you don't REALLY know whats going on until later(unlike ME1 where you were basically told from the getgo that you're going after Saren and the whole Reapers are the big threat). Obviously those of you who've played more will know more, no spoilerino pleaserino.

Oh and question, how the hell do you mod your weapons? I got a bunch but can't seem to find it on the menus anywhere. Or is there like a workbench you're supposed to find? Maybe I'm just not far enough into the game yet?

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Zazz, you freaking son of a vorcha. There was a preorder bonus for MEA on the PS4. :angry:You have ruined me. 

Hope you're happy

Hey man, no one knows how you'll like something other than yourself. The reviewers I go off of have similar tastes to mine, that's it they might be different from yours.  But to make you feel better pre order bonuses are just a bunch of needless fluff in most cases and you'll probably have a better experience with patches, full DLC and a sale price anyways if you were swayed enough to not get it already. :). 

31 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There is a Resident Evil super bundle on the Xbox live store. It includes:

Resident Evil HD Remaster

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Deluxe)

Resident Evil 4 HD

Resident Evil 5 HD

Resident Evil 6 HD

all for $20. That's too good to pass up. 

Damn. Thats a steal

I'm liking the game. Combat is definitely more fun and more challenging too. Makes sense since we're supposed to be explorers, not badass soldiers like Shep and crew were.

My issues with the game are some minor ones though. Why can't you track multiple quests at once? And while I like the different types of dialogue options, I do wish the persuade/intimidate or something similar were back. I am glad to see interrupts are back although they aren't paragon/renegade but they're still cool.

I like that you can set up different profiles for different playstyles. Its funny for as bad as character creation goes, the actual customization of your playstyle is quite good. Its like they just flat out didn't care about creation.

20 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

There is a Resident Evil super bundle on the Xbox live store. It includes:

Resident Evil HD Remaster

Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Deluxe)

Resident Evil 4 HD

Resident Evil 5 HD

Resident Evil 6 HD

all for $20. That's too good to pass up. 

Damnit, I forgot to purchase this last night and the cost has gone up to $51. 

1 minute ago, codeorama said:

Destiny 2 leak today. Looks like it will release first week of September and beta arriving this summer.. SO HYPED.... I still play Destiny more than any other game. Absolutely love it. The leaked poster looks amazing.

I assume there is nothing that allows you to sign up for the beta atm. 

15 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I assume there is nothing that allows you to sign up for the beta atm. 

Not at the moment. I'd assume that would be happening soon, in terms of an Alpha... I can't wait. I'm actually really excited that all the raids are updated next week.  Going to be playing Destiny a lot.

Archived