Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Xbox One Vs Ps4

DM72

6 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

You get the best version of the game, that cost you thousands to set up and yet still get ****ty ports and hackers. 

Some of the ports are whack but a lot of the **** that runs through steam is totally fine. Playing Doom, Tomb Raider and Alien at 130+FPS is dope. 

I pre-ordered a switch but I'm really regretting it. I'm just not a big Nintendo guy and I've talked about their gimmicky bull**** before. I'll most likely just sell it. I'm bummed with how much I've seen so far. 

2 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

You get the best version of the game, that cost you thousands to set up and yet still get ****ty ports and hackers. 

Thousands?  No.  Hundreds?  Sure.  And thanks to the modular nature of a PC, I don't have to throw the whole thing out to upgrade it every 3 years (you know, with the new release schedule Playbox is following with mid-generation upgrades requiring you to buy a whole new box).

So over a three year period its, what, $400 for the PS4, another $400 for the PS4 Pro, and $180 for a PSN subscription.  All to play games on a locked-down system of inferior power and utility.  Then there's the question of the money spent on a computer that isn't a gaming machine, because everyone has a PC of some form.

My PC games better than a Playbox and has a larger game library than a Playbox, it surfs the net better than a playbox, it's more productive than a Playbox, it plays media better than a Playbox, it's certainly more versatile than a Playbox.

Oh, and I can run emulators like a boss.  I mean, sure I can play my Gamecube and Wii games on their respective consoles or the Wii U, but I can also play them on my PC.  In full HD 1080p.  PC is just plain better than the Playbox.  PC + <current Nintendo console> is the pairing of champions.

4 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I do not limit myself to a single gaming system.  I combine two systems to give me the greatest experience.  One delivers full console quality that can be used on-the-go and plays the games of the greatest game designers of all time, and the other is a powerful beast that would mop the floor with your gaming system of choice while also having the flexibility to post on here.  I get the best games, the most games, and the most graphical rawr.

Know your place, Playbox peasant.

You act act as if I don't game on a PC too.....

1 hour ago, PokerPacker said:

Thousands?  No.  Hundreds?  Sure.  And thanks to the modular nature of a PC, I don't have to throw the whole thing out to upgrade it every 3 years (you know, with the new release schedule Playbox is following with mid-generation upgrades requiring you to buy a whole new box).

So over a three year period its, what, $400 for the PS4, another $400 for the PS4 Pro, and $180 for a PSN subscription.  All to play games on a locked-down system of inferior power and utility.  Then there's the question of the money spent on a computer that isn't a gaming machine, because everyone has a PC of some form.

My PC games better than a Playbox and has a larger game library than a Playbox, it surfs the net better than a playbox, it's more productive than a Playbox, it plays media better than a Playbox, it's certainly more versatile than a Playbox.

Oh, and I can run emulators like a boss.  I mean, sure I can play my Gamecube and Wii games on their respective consoles or the Wii U, but I can also play them on my PC.  In full HD 1080p.  PC is just plain better than the Playbox.  PC + <current Nintendo console> is the pairing of champions.

That really can't be your argument. No one is buying a new console system every 3 years. It has never been that way in the video game console market, and it's not gonna be, no matter how much Sony and Microsoft wish it would. So that throws your attempt to make it seem like console gaming is more expensive than PC gaming right out the window. 

The average price of a good gaming rig is $1200. Every three years you'll be upgrading either your graphics card, or your CPU, or your RAM. And spending what I would spend on an actual console in the process of doing that. 

I don't know how you figure your PC games are better than console games. Most games that are PC only wouldn't sell well in the console market, and the most popular ones always end up on console eventually. You also miss out on Sony and Microsoft exclusives. Not to mention having to wait extremely long periods of time to finally get amazing console games(GTA V), or never getting them at all (Destiny). Getting permanently broken ports of great console games (Batman: Arkham Knight). Yeah, I don't see how that equals being better but ok. 

Now I'm not trying to diss PC gaming, I just find it humorous that PC gamers always boast about how much better their gaming experience is, yet do the most complaining to publishers and/or developers about how their games perform on their rig or about not getting games. 

5 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

That really can't be your argument. No one is buying a new console system every 3 years. It has never been that way in the video game console market, and it's not gonna be, no matter how much Sony and Microsoft wish it would. So that throws your attempt to make it seem like console gaming is more expensive than PC gaming right out the window. 

The average price of a good gaming rig is $1200. Every three years you'll be upgrading either your graphics card, or your CPU, or your RAM. And spending what I would spend on an actual console in the process of doing that. 

I don't know how you figure your PC games are better than console games. Most games that are PC only wouldn't sell well in the console market, and the most popular ones always end up on console eventually. You also miss out on Sony and Microsoft exclusives. Not to mention having to wait extremely long periods of time to finally get amazing console games(GTA V), or never getting them at all (Destiny). Getting permanently broken ports of great console games (Batman: Arkham Knight). Yeah, I don't see how that equals being better but ok. 

Now I'm not trying to diss PC gaming, I just find it humorous that PC gamers always boast about how much better their gaming experience is, yet do the most complaining to publishers and/or developers about how their games perform on their rig or about not getting games. 

The price of a gaming PC is entirely dependent on what you want to put into it.  If you put $1200 into a gaming PC, it'll easily blow a Playbox out of the water graphically, and won't need to be upgraded for quite some time to stay ahead of the consoles.  It is not necessary to upgrade your GPU, CPU, and RAM every three years, either.  Only if you want to stay on the bleeding edge; the choice is yours.  My PC is nearing three years old, and I've only replaced the GPU because I started with one that was low-end at the time (still better than the consoles) and because I received an excellent deal on the replacement GPU (free).  That GPU, now two and a half years old, should be able to last me years to come and beat out the Playboxes if I so choose; I might consider upgrading if I want something to beast out a VR setup or if I want to game in 4k, but that's the flexibility afforded me by a PC.

My CPU is still plenty powerful and will remain so for the foreseeable future, and I have plenty of RAM.

The primary point I make when I bring PCs into this is the hypocrisy of the Playbox elitists who continually poke at Nintendo gamers for enjoying an 'inferior' console when if power was what really mattered, PC wins every time.  By a much larger margin than the Playboxes have over Nintendo.  Nintendo at least has the advantage of doing something different, though.  Bringing an experience you won't get on a beefed up PC.

If you're happy with your Playboxes, that's fine.  To each his own.  But if someone wants to stick their dick out from their tower and piss on folks happy to play their Nintendos, be aware that there are folks up in greater towers who can open their flies and let loose the golden showers.

6 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

You act act as if I don't game on a PC too.....

Doesn't that make your playbox redundant? :huh:

8 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Doesn't that make your playbox redundant? :huh:

On PC, I primarily play mmorpgs strictly for the PvP part of the game, especially ones with open world zones/factions.  I also don't really care about playing games where the graphics are at ultra setting, though its nice, I'm not a graphics whore by any means.  As of late, I've not been playing on my PC (past two years - off and on) as much because I'm waiting to see if any good PvP mmorpgs come out (been waiting on Camelot Unchained for an eternity) 

For consoles, I get to play with RL friends and my family that has them, which typically is a split between XB and PS, so I own both for that reason.  And I like the exclusives both consoles have to offer.  Yes, some are available on PC, but honestly, I find games a lot of games to be easier to play on console, just like playing mmorpgs is easier and more fun on a PC.   Fact, almost 100% of my friends/family games on consoles and not PCs.

I've mentioned this before, I've always had a gaming PC and owned the consoles and that included Nintendo up until the Wii U.  When I talk down on Nintendo, it's been mainly the price versus what you get compared to the other two consoles along with the online being crap (when compared to the other two).  I am also getting tired of the gimmicky approach, trying to be so different that it drives up the price of the console.  With the Wii U I could not justify spending $300+ just to play 3-4 exclusive games on it that I would enjoy.  Same with the Switch for now........ almost embarrassing with the lack of titles at launch.  

As far as me giving you crap or making jokes about Nintendo, I'm just messing with you and busting your chops broski.  Like I said, I've owned them all except the Wii U.  As far as my personal preference in gaming, I don't want a huge controller with a screen on it and I don't want a tablet with two controllers on each side that requires a docking station to hook up to a TV.  I just want a console, with normal controllers and plenty of games.  

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I've mentioned this before, I've always had a gaming PC and owned the consoles and that included Nintendo up until the Wii U.  When I talk down on Nintendo, it's been mainly the price versus what you get compared to the other two consoles along with the online being crap (when compared to the other two).  I am also getting tired of the gimmicky approach, trying to be so different that it drives up the price of the console.  With the Wii U I could not justify spending $300+ just to play 3-4 exclusive games on it that I would enjoy.  Same with the Switch for now........ almost embarrassing with the lack of titles at launch.

What you get is something different.  That's the beauty of it.  Nintendo could make an Nstationbox, but what would be the point?  Another console that does the exact same thing as every other console?

Now you speak of exclusives as if that is a weakness, but I'd argue the exact opposite.  Exclusives have always been Nintendo's strength.  Granted, I don't know what you particularly enjoy exclusive-wise, but its got variety.  In my limited library (woo, unemployment) I've got exclusives spanning a number of genres: Open World RPG, JRPG, 3D platformer, 2D platformer, action, adventure, online shooter, high-speed racing, Strategy, etc..  Of course just covering a genre doesn't mean much if the games aren't good, but these are all quality entries.

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

As far as me giving you crap or making jokes about Nintendo, I'm just messing with you and busting your chops broski.

Now that I do know, which is why my initial response was tongue-in-cheek (I mean come on, who uses 'rawr' seriously?)

14 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

What you get is something different.  That's the beauty of it.  Nintendo could make an Nstationbox, but what would be the point?  Another console that does the exact same thing as every other console?

Now you speak of exclusives as if that is a weakness, but I'd argue the exact opposite.  Exclusives have always been Nintendo's strength.  Granted, I don't know what you particularly enjoy exclusive-wise, but its got variety.  In my limited library (woo, unemployment) I've got exclusives spanning a number of genres: Open World RPG, JRPG, 3D platformer, 2D platformer, action, adventure, online shooter, high-speed racing, Strategy, etc..  Of course just covering a genre doesn't mean much if the games aren't good, but these are all quality entries.

Now that I do know, which is why my initial response was tongue-in-cheek (I mean come on, who uses 'rawr' seriously?)

Having exclusive titles and also having all the cross-platform titles with exceptional online multiplayer capability is all I want/need.  I don't need some gimmick controller with a screen or a tablet with detachable controllers on the side that plugs into a docking station.  

There are plenty of people out there, like me, that just want a console and to play their games on.  Who would rather pay a lower price and do without all the extra stuff that we don't want in the first place.  If I get a Switch (and it's entirely possible that I will later on after I confirm it will offer what I want and have success and support), I wouldn't play the games on the tablet, it would stay docked 99% of the time.  

Which is what irritates me the most, they could make it where there was a lower cost version that didn't have the tablet (make that the accessory available in a bundle pack for the $299 they are charging) and charge something like $229 and everyone is satisfied.  I love my XB1, but I refused to buy it when it came out because they shoved the Kinect down everyone's throat and refused to sell the console separately.  I didn't want to pay $499 and waste $100 on something I didn't want and wouldn't use.

Oh I know you were messing around with the Rawr comment, but didn't know if you knew I was a PC gamer as well.  

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

The point would be to make money, and to have a system that was still supported two years from now. And even if they made a more traditional system, their first party games would make the system unique enough to differentiate it from Sony and Microsoft. But they need to make a system that third party publishers and developers want to work on. If not, the Switch will fall into the same cycle that Nintendo systems have been in since GameCube. 

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I love my XB1, but I refused to buy it when it came out because they shoved the Kinect down everyone's throat and refused to sell the console separately.  I didn't want to pay $499 and waste $100 on something I didn't want and wouldn't use.

I feel the same way, and that is why I didn't buy the Xbox one until they separated the two a couple years ago. The Xbox Division made a gazillion mistakes making the Xbox one as far as marketing, relations with publishers, and definitely pricing. 

You CAN NOT launch a system in direct competition to your competitor and have it cost more, with very little incentive. It was extremely obvious none of the smart people who launched the 360 were still involved there for the Xbox one. 

24 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I feel the same way, and that is why I didn't buy the Xbox one until they separated the two a couple years ago. The Xbox Division made a gazillion mistakes making the Xbox one as far as marketing, relations with publishers, and definitely pricing. 

You CAN NOT launch a system in direct competition to your competitor and have it cost more, with very incentive. It was extremely obvious none of them smart people who launched the 360 were still involved there for the Xbox one. 

Microsoft blew that big time and took it on the chin for it.

That said..how Sony didn't get ****ed over for not having plug and play support for external drives on the PS4 is beyond me. 

13 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

You CAN NOT launch a system in direct competition to your competitor and have it cost more, with very incentive. It was extremely obvious none of them smart people who launched the 360 were still involved there for the Xbox one. 

It was horrible and it cost them.  How dumb do they have to be to think, "Hey lets force everyone to spend $100 more on our console by including something that people may not want while our direct competitor sells theirs for $100 less.  Who wouldn't want a Kinect?  Right?  Am I right?"

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Nintendo can be both creative and different and appeal to crowd A while still catering to crowd B.  And make a **** ton more money doing it.  There is no reason they can't release a base console for those that just want to play the damn exclusive games and have a bundle pack with the new tech/gimmicks or sell those separately too.  So what if some of us just want a regular console with normal controllers to play Mario on.  Cater to us as well as crowd A.

There is no reason for them to go back to cartridges either.  There is no reason that they can't allow the hard drive to be upgraded with ease (allow USB supported external drives or easy to upgrade internal drives) like their competitors.  It does look like they might have improved on their online features, considering it will be subscription based starting in the fall.  They can provide something that suits everyone, they just refuse to do it, which is annoying to me.

25 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

That said..how Sony didn't get ****ed over for not having plug and play support for external drives on the PS4 is beyond me. 

I've been of the opinion for a very long time that Sony got very lucky that Microsoft ****ed up so royally. Some of the same features that Microsoft boasted about in their infamous E3 Xbox One reveal, Sony planned on doing too. But their conference was later in the day, and they played it smart and completely changed their presentation to nothing but a powerpoint slide show with bold statements claiming they were doing the exact opposite of Microsoft. It was hilarious! 

They really have no excuse for not supporting external HDD until now. And since it seems like they're finally starting to listen to their community, they need to start allowing PSN members to change their usernames without having to create a whole new account. It's ridiculous, their explanation for it is unacceptable, and their competitor does it and has been doing it for a long time. 

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

My only guess is that they still made it easy to upgrade the internal hard drive.  Which wouldn't be a deal breaker to most because it could still be upgraded, just not in less than two minutes like the Xbox One.

While annoying to have to do it, it wasn't hard at all when it came down to it.  They designed the case for the top to slide off the left side with instant direct access to the hard drive.  I'd have to go back and look at some of my posts in here when I was changing it out.  But it took almost no time at all to copy the save game files to a flash drive and copy the OS from Sony's website on the drive as well.  IIRC, I think I posted that it took me maybe 30-40 minutes total (and that included me forgetting to plug in the HDMI cable back into the console lol) to install.  

What took the longest for me was to go back and reinstall all the games I had and most were digital downloads so I had to re-download them again.  Once the dang thing was close to full, I should have upgraded it then so I had a minimum amount of games to re-install, instead of just deleting games I hadn't played in a while all together to add a new game.

Archived